Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if 'Lottie Parton' will be Erimentha Parker 2.0

We need to come up with nicknames for Lottie Parton-

Already I've mixed up her name with Dolly Parton...

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I wonder if 'Lottie Parton' will be Erimentha Parker 2.0

We need to come up with nicknames for Lottie Parton-

Already I've mixed up her name with Dolly Parton...
She’s incapable of going beyond herself when it comes to characters, she might as well have called the character Noobee Danger.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I'm just gonna go ahead and suggest "Ruby Granger is a Bad Writer" as the next thread title...
I'm begging you to remember this for when we get to page 48 because Jesus I just laughed out loud on the subway

Does she realize you can publish a book without including the main character's full name in the title?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
"Lottie Parton is a straight-A student who loves tea, children's literature and spinning in fields. Her sister, Shaz, is a university drop-out who dyes her hair and drinks ethanol. Lottie felt the pressure to remain perfect in her parent's eyes despite the familial failure."

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Lottie Parton is too many Ts and all I can hear is "Lyottie Pahhhten" in my head 😩😭

• Haha
Reactions: 18
"Lottie Parton is a straight-A student who loves tea, children's literature and spinning in fields. Her sister, Shaz, is a university drop-out who dyes her hair and drinks ethanol. Lottie felt the pressure to remain perfect in her parent's eyes despite the familial failure."
"But everything changed when Lottie's best friend, Flakeley, a tea-loving bookworm just like her, misteriously disappeared during one of her morning field-twirling sessions"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
It surprises me she hasn't gone for a Victorian or a virtue name like last time (J.K. Rowling loves Victorian-like names, too, by the way).

Reactions: 8
It surprises me she hasn't gone for a Victorian or a virtue name like last time (J.K. Rowling loves Victorian-like names, too, by the way).
It wouldn't surprise me if she did, like Tryphenia or Lettice, but her literary agent said, "No way, this needs to appeal to Gen Z, so you have a choice of Lottie, Millie, or Billie."

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Please it took me until the second sentence to realise this was satire 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Why does Lottie have to be described using two phrases that are essentially synonymous? Who is this poor under-described 'other girl'? Why is the title similar to that of a school PSA film? So many questions.
I feel like Tattle is going to have this book written a lot sooner than Roobee finds a publisher (if she ever does), and it’ll be a lot better, too 😂 The other girl is probably some jeans-wearing harlot who was in a relationship and/or had a job in customer service, you know it’s always THOSE girls that go missing, not the clever ones who went to a nice school and spend all their free time with mummy and daddy.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I graduated with a first overall, so I was very pleased!! In terms of coping with the degree, prioritising my assignments that were worth the most was super important and time management. At times it felt rather overwhelming, but it was really fun as I made sure to take care of myself and not overwork. I'm now doing a master's degree in mental health psychology which is quite a big change, but it is fun now readings books knowing I don't need to write a long essay about them😂
Congrats for graduating! Prioritisation is one thing I struggle with (alongside procrastination)! But I'm glad it was still fun despite it being difficult at times!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm not holding out for great quality here, given Erimentha. But at least with an agent, someone will proofread and spot when Ruby mixes up chapter numbers, the names of her characters, refers to characters that don't exist, makes grammatical errors when the main character sneers at others for that, etc etc. All those were missed by Ruby in her first drafting, any checks she did before self-publishing, and then her post-publication edit a year or two later.

Reactions: 18
I feel like Tattle is going to have this book written a lot sooner than Roobee finds a publisher (if she ever does), and it’ll be a lot better, too 😂 The other girl is probably some jeans-wearing harlot who was in a relationship and/or had a job in customer service, you know it’s always THOSE girls that go missing, not the clever ones who went to a nice school and spend all their free time with mummy and daddy.
I feel like someone should write a wattpad version of a novel with the same title and plot. But make it everything she hates. Like the main character is in a lesbian relationship with the friend (with all the juicy bits written) and she gets good grades because she cheats. Lottie's sister tries to get revenge (nice Gothic insert). Any other ideas?

So even if (in the unlikely event that it gets published) this parody will follow the book (and Ruby name).

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Actually the more I think about it, it's annoyingly going to be half-decent, isn't it? Because of the agent. That explains all the edits Ruby has been making, which itself stood out given the lack of work on Erimentha before she released it. The agent has decided the way to sell it to publishers is by the Ruby Granger name, not by any brilliancy of the writing, and so all they have to do is make the writing passable. Which they can do via a lot of handholding with Ruby or worse pay someone to sort it out.

So Ruby will get to live out her fantasy about being a properly published author but only because she waved her influencer status in front of an agent's eyes. It's annoying for those who are better writers than Ruby (i.e. a lot of people) but who don't have thousands of followers. I would have had more respect for Ruby if she had submitted this under her real name without mentioning her youtube. But she's determined to be a Published Author at any cost.

• Angry
Reactions: 37
I feel like someone should write a wattpad version of a novel with the same title and plot. But make it everything she hates. Like the main character is in a lesbian relationship with the friend (with all the juicy bits written) and she gets good grades because she cheats. Lottie's sister tries to get revenge (nice Gothic insert). Any other ideas?

So even if (in the unlikely event that it gets published) this parody will follow the book (and Ruby name).
Same title with the pen name Hermione Bones 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.