Ruby Granger #23 Her workload‘s pure spuddle, let’s all twirl in a puddle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone should tell her that line-breaking a badly written diary passage is not the same as writing poetry.
I want to send this to Rupi Kaur 😂

Mother Granger's "poem" looks like something you'd think to yourself during the day and forget immediately. The self confidence (or the lack of self awareness) to publish these surely is passed on to her daughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ruby Granger 24: quill's out of ink, those letters still stink, brain hurts when she thinks, the dissertation will sink

• Heart
Reactions: 16
something about an adult saying she likes girls and guys makes me uncomfortable.

if I found my mother wrote something like this I would definitely have to get extra therapy sessions.

it seems like mother Granger and rhubarb share the same creativity. her mom strikes me as someone who doesn't just want to be a boring housewife, and ruby can't handle being perceived as anything besides a genius. so they make up online personas.
Mummy Granger is not like other housewives

• Haha
Reactions: 27
What is with this whole family's obsession with showing off their "talents" on the Internet?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Watch out, Roobee is going to smack us with her next video titled “To My Mother’s Bullies *angeryface*”
"And I came home this weekend because my parents just happened to be passing through AXE-atar on their way back from a swingers party in Devon otherwise I JANuinely would've stayed at uni to put the finishing touches on my dissertation, which I have JANuinely written some of."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
as hilarious as this would be, i don’t think we’re in any danger of having ruby get into plath any time soon😹 her entire body of work is adult in nature, i can’t see roobs chomping at the bit to read about sex, severe mental illness and suicide. at least with lewis carroll she can play pretend in her little alice in wonderland world where everything is tea parties and carroll isn’t a predator
Ruby’s alter-ego Cherry-Menthol is into Plath. There’s a whole part in the book where eleven-year-old Erimentha has spent her summer reading Plath (presumably skipping over the adult bits) and then does an extra-credit project about psychiatric hospitals and hands it to the GCSE psychology teacher. It’s magnificent.

Did anyone actually bought these lol
According to Amazon, at least two people have. And one loved it so much she bought extra copies for her friends. Which I’m sure they all appreciated.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This poem genuinely made me sad, especially since I am bi myself (biromantic, but still). I wholeheartedly support anyone who is on their journey to self-discovery and wants to explore their sexuality, but I find this poem somehow upholding the stereotype that bisexuality = confusion and promiscuity. More importantly, I find it really disrespectful towards her family - I wonder what Ruby and Martha (and Daddy Bones!) think about it. Imagine your mum or partner confessing to having a wandering eye, openly expressing their "fantasy" to be (sleep? I guess that too) with another person and saying that they won't cheat only because it would disturb the peace of their marriage. I know that it was Mother Granger who wrote it so it's kind of a special case (I wonder how she would fare on her own... I would love to see her CV), but it's still not a good look. Not to mention how bad her style is :") I cringe when I read it, it's hardly even a poem.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
This poem genuinely made me sad, especially since I am bi myself (biromantic, but still). I wholeheartedly support anyone who is on their journey to self-discovery and wants to explore their sexuality, but I find this poem somehow upholding the stereotype that bisexuality = confusion and promiscuity. More importantly, I find it really disrespectful towards her family - I wonder what Ruby and Martha (and Daddy Bones!) think about it. Imagine your mum or partner confessing to having a wandering eye, openly expressing their "fantasy" to be (sleep? I guess that too) with another person and saying that they won't cheat only because it would disturb the peace of their marriage. I know that it was Mother Granger who wrote it so it's kind of a special case (I wonder how she would fare on her own... I would love to see her CV), but it's still not a good look. Not to mention how bad her style is :") I cringe when I read it, it's hardly even a poem.
Honestly she just sounds a bit pathetic. She's a rich housewife who doesn't like doing housework, is terribly incompetent at it, her house looks like a drug den, her daughter is 21 and doesn't even know how to do laundry or mop the floor, and on top of it all she still thinks of herself as an overworked homemaker and writes poems lamenting her struggle with "invisible work". And I'm just like, if you don't like housework just hire a maid or a cleaning service? It's not like they can't afford it. But no, she'd rather live in squalor while whining because she has to vacuum once in a fortnight and put the dishes in the dishwasher when they start smelling in the sink.
And I wouldn't want to invalidate anyone's identity, but even her claiming to be bisexual sounds more like a cry for attention than anything.
I just can't take her seriously. No wonder Ruby turned out like she did.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
THIS ☝. Bisexual Witch here, and I felt the same. I mean, I'm the last person to be policing or silencing someone speaking about the experience with their identity. But this "poem" sounded so stereotypical it burned my eyes, and my bisexual heart weeps.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I looked up the 2 reviewers of Mother Granger's book. She follows them both on Instagram and she's defo friends with them - it's the equivalent of sixteenth employees writing positive reviews of Vee's book 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
THIS ☝. Bisexual Witch here, and I felt the same. I mean, I'm the last person to be policing or silencing someone speaking about the experience with their identity. But this "poem" sounded so stereotypical it burned my eyes, and my bisexual heart weeps.
For real. It’s not uncommon for people to realise later on in life that they’re actually not straight, eapecially if they’ve grown up in a time / place where being bi or gay is not accepted, but this just comes across like she saw one fit woman and said to herself ‘omg I found her attractive, I must therefore be bisexual’! Rather than someone who is actually genuinely struggling with their sexuality. Very cringe tbh

Reactions: 19
I consider myself very much straight but of course there are women I find gorgeous. That does not make me bi though. Obviously I don‘t
know what‘s going inside Mother Grangers head (and thank God for that) but being attracted to a woman once does not have to mean anything …

Also I‘d absolutely die if my mom wrote something like that on the internet

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.