Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 968070

And she continues skimming books for dissertation quotes. She notices superficial aesthetics above all else, but the letters are sometimes uncomfortable. Uncomfortable how? Ruby gives no examples. That's tough to do when you only flicked through the book without reading it.
Maybe they are so uncomfortable that they don't fit under Erimentha's rules of reading xD

Reactions: 4
Maybe they are so uncomfortable that they don't fit under Erimentha's rules of reading xD
Judging from some of the reviews on Goodreads, there are a fair few letters to young girls and, yeah. Maybe Ruby finds it uncomfortable to think that her literary idol was very possibly an unsavoury character.

Reactions: 9
She's an English Lit student, the main skill she's supposed to gain from her degree is to master the English language, and she can't even spell a four-letter word

Reactions: 25
Why on earth would you let every needle on the tree fall off before getting rid of it? She’s so manky
Or since she's supposedly all about sustainability, maybe getting an artificial tree that she can reuse every year would be preferable to hacking down at least two live trees a year for the aesthetic and then letting all the needles turn to mulch in the corner of her room.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I can hear Ruby now mommy my tree is broken the green bits have fallen off I tried sticking them back on with washi tape but they bullied me and got stuck in my finger

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Or since she's supposedly all about sustainability, maybe getting an artificial tree that she can reuse every year would be preferable to hacking down at least two live trees a year for the aesthetic and then letting all the needles turn to mulch in the corner of her room.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure live trees are more environmentally friendly unless you use a plastic tree for 30+ years.

Reactions: 12
Hiya! Here to say as a climate activist, It’s fine to buy an actual Christmas tree, it would be great if it was from your country. Buying a plastic tree is only sustainable if you use it for longer than 30 years. Besides that, no one has to be a 100% sustainable, I’m not a 100% sustainable, but I do a whole lot within different action groups!! (Being a hypocrite is another thing)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Ruby gave a rating for Sun Tzu's "The Art of War"...

...and that rating was one star...

...because she thinks it's not relevant to the modern day...

o_O

Sorry, I just can't get over all three of those points! What's next, will she give the Epic of Gilgamesh only one star because it violates the typical narrative structure of the classic Victorian Gothic novel?
Looking forward to the following:

"Madame Bovary" - one star - "woman gets into trouble after too much mail order shopping."
"Moby Dick" - one star - "man goes fishing"
"The Old man and the sea" - one star - "an old man goes fishing"
"First term at Malory Towers" - five stars - "a wonderful story of school with lacrosse and midnight feasts where the teachers are splendid and nobody wears jeans or swears or does anything nasty and common EVER. HURRAH!"

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.