Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Goodreads runs on Pacific Standard Time, so the time stamps on the reviews are actually in the middle of the day. All the rest of it reeks to high heaven though.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Goodreads runs on Pacific Standard Time, so the time stamps on the reviews are actually in the middle of the day. All the rest of it reeks to high heaven though.
It did seem weird that our dear Roobster, who claims to rise at 4:30 AM when even the sun's still tucked in bed, would be active at 3 AM lol. Unless, as I said, she's decided it's more productive to stop sleeping at all.

Btw, you're right: I just checked on the Goodreads app, which apparently adapts to where you are in the world as mine is in Italian, and it says she posted her review on 29th December at 12:52, so 11:52 in the UK

Reactions: 12
They still make up over 40% of successful applicants when only 7% of pupils go to private schools. So yeah, its still heavily in their favour and the difference in interview scores etc just helps to close the gap. It's not as handed to them as it used to be, but statistically it is still easier for them
Totally get you, I think it’s also important to consider that private school students (and grammar) make up a much higher percentage of applicants. state school kids often don’t even consider applying, so that skews the statistics as you can’t give places to people that don’t apply!

Reactions: 2
Just coming in to thank everyone who has been putting spoilers over ruby’s food and Ed discussions. It means I can enjoy my morning coffee and tattle read without getting too triggered.

Seriously appreciate it and it actually does make a difference in terms of how safely I can pop on here and read!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Yeah, I can't decide whether watching her being rejected for a Master's or watching her get accepted and then sinking without trace, is going to be the most entertaining There is, of course, the very unlikely option of her attempting to enter the workforce, which will be comedy gold. She'll have to go home every lunchtime, even although it will be a three hour round trip. If she's asked to make someone a coffee she'll insist on donning her Victorian maid costume. And then, inevitably, she'll quit, claiming everyone was "bullying" her because they asked her to do work and didn't want to listen to her BS.
I agree, on the one hand I don’t want her to take the spot from someone far more deserving of it, but on the other God it’ll be a trainwreck to watch. Will she pay Blakeney to write her masters thesis? Will she call her professors bullies for not bowing down to her genius? Stay tuned.
Also, I’m dying to read Ruby’s dissertation. Wonder how that’s going. If she somehow shoehorns Victorian letter writing in there I’m going to die of laughter. Too bad she’ll never post it because we are going to pick it to the bones (pun not intended) and probably find a million issues. Erimenthol, dissertation edition.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I agree, on the one hand I don’t want her to take the spot from someone far more deserving of it, but on the other God it’ll be a trainwreck to watch. Will she pay Blakeney to write her masters thesis? Will she call her professors bullies for not bowing down to her genius? Stay tuned.
Also, I’m dying to read Ruby’s dissertation. Wonder how that’s going. If she somehow shoehorns Victorian letter writing in there I’m going to die of laughter. Too bad she’ll never post it because we are going to pick it to the bones (pun not intended) and probably find a million issues. Erimenthol, dissertation edition.
She might post it after she’s got her results back.

Reactions: 3
She might post it after she’s got her results back.
Only if her results are absolutely stellar, which I'm highly doubtful of. Who knows what she'll cobble together though. How I'd like to be the examiner marking her dissertation.

Reactions: 7
I'm genuinely interested to read some of Rube's academic writing. She's managed to get firsts, so she must be doing something right. Really not convinced about this letter-writing dissertation though!

Slightly off-topic, but my last job was working for an educational psychologist, and at one point she was asked by some university researchers to analyse letters written by Branwell Bronte. Unfortunately, I don't recall the reason - it might have been one of those attempts to retrospectively diagnose a long-dead person with dyslexia (or something). Anyway, it meant she got to see unpublished correspondence between the Brontes and she sent me an email with scans of the letters. It was interesting. Anyway, sorry for the tangent, but whenever the Victorian letter-writing theme comes up, I remember this and think 'hur hur ruby would be jealous' because I am immature like that. :p

I find it so odd that all of a sudden she removed her vegan account from her bio. Do you guys think it's possible that she's slowly moving away from veganism? It sounds a bit far fetched but maybe she really wants to recover from her ED in 2022 and decided to go "all in".

Reactions: 3
I find it so odd that all of a sudden she removed her vegan account from her bio. Do you guys think it's possible that she's slowly moving away from veganism? It sounds a bit far fetched but maybe she really wants to recover from her ED in 2022 and decided to go "all in".
I dont think she wants to recover. She likes her audience worrying about her.

Have she said she’s got an ED? I have noticed she looks really skinny now tbh

I think it's likely more that she's trying to limit the avenues open for her to receive criticism.

Her vegan Insta has been a big source of critical comments for her, to the point that she's largely stopped using it. That and proudly labelling herself as vegan in her bio only opens her up for deserved criticism every time she shows herself eating non-vegan food or using non-vegan products.

I'm surprised she didn't go the whole way and remove "anti-bullying advocate" from her bio, too, since that's such obvious horseshit.

Reactions: 19
I am saying this absolutely out of whim. So, don't quote me if Ruby actually gets into Oxbridge lol.

I feel... if Jack couldn't get into an MA programme there, it's doubtful that Ruby might.

Jack, according to me, has a better and diverse CV. He seems to have better critical thinking ability than Ruby, which is a big thing while studying Literature. So, if he couldn't get in, can Ruby succeed?

Unless, of course, she chooses a less competitive course (someone mentioned long ago that Vee got into Oxford due to that. Again, not sure, I do not follow Vee at all)? I think Jack chose something about Modernist Literature (not sure, though). That's a popular branch these days. But, I doubt any course in Literature would be less competitive.

Reactions: 18
Gotta say that I typed "Eve Cornwell" into the tattle search bar and was genuinely flabbergasted to see that not only does Ali Abdaal actually has a thread here but it seems to be totally justified from what I've now read.

Don't want to go off topic but I mention this here because Ali was previously mentioned as a good alternative to Ruby Granger in the OG guru gossip thread but it seems like he's anything but...

Last edited:
  • Wow
If Ruby doesn't get into Oxbridge for postgrad, I can see her continuing to live with her parents and commuting to a uni nearby (in London?) or doing a masters by distance learning. I don't think it would be good for her, but I do think it's likely considering she's tried to do as much of her undergrad degree remotely as possible - she's only really stuck around in Exeter to go to her lectures and heads home at the first opportunity.

The way things are at the moment, I also think Ruby might struggle with an on-campus master's degree if only for the reason that it tends to be much more difficult to network with other students than undergrad. It can be quite a lonely and isolating experience - it's a smaller cohort, everyone is busy and stressed out and lots of people have bigger priorities in their lives than hanging out with their coursemates outside of seminars. It'd be interesting to see how Ruby would manage without any friends to swap seminar notes with.

Reactions: 15
If Ruby doesn't get into Oxbridge for postgrad, I can see her continuing to live with her parents and commuting to a uni nearby (in London?) or doing a masters by distance learning. I don't think it would be good for her, but I do think it's likely considering she's tried to do as much of her undergrad degree remotely as possible - she's only really stuck around in Exeter to go to her lectures and heads home at the first opportunity.
Even Oxford is commutable for Ruby from her home, so this could still be part of her strategy. I can see her living at home too, but I think the only issue with this for her might be how she perceives universities closer to her or those who offer distance learning. I'm not sure what she deems as 'good' but it's probably at least Russell Group. London is a little far to be commuting regularly (though I guess this is down to personal choice to some extent) so that leaves her with few options.

Last edited:
Even Oxford is commutable for Ruby from her home, so this could still be part of her strategy. I can see her living at home too, but I think the only issue with this for her might be how she perceives universities closer to her or those who offer distance learning. I'm not sure what she deems as 'good' but it's probably at least Russell Group. London is a little far to be commuting regularly (though I guess this is down to personal choice to some extent) so that leaves her with few options.
I think technically their house is a couple of miles too far away as you have to live within 25 miles of Carfax Tower. But I can guarantee she would sacrifice the weekly trips home if it meant she could study at Oxford. At any other uni I imagine she would live close by, but still go home regularly.

Reactions: 8
I think technically their house is a couple of miles too far away as you have to live within 25 miles of Carfax Tower.
Ah, didn't know this! In that case I imagine every weekend/spare moment would be at home if she got in. Unless she spent all of her time wandering the campus like a ghost for the 'aesthetic' footage.

• Haha
Ah, didn't know this! In that case I imagine every weekend/spare moment would be at home if she got in. Unless she spent all of her time wandering the campus like a ghost for the 'aesthetic' footage.
People at Exeter must of been wondering wtf she was doing when she did that. I always thought she would be the type of person to sit at the front in lectures and I was right, I saw in one of her video's of her sitting at the front.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.