Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yh I forgot she was too young, she's around the same age as me and she asks like a child. Yh she supports brexit then if she's blocking people that ask her those types of questions. Either that or she doesn't know what brexit is.
She probably thinks it's a type of tea

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't think Ruby realizes how privileged she is, like when she went home during the pandemic but was probably still paying the rent for her student house, people like me could never do that. Being able buy stuff from expensive shops like Waterstones that she has vlogged in. The expensive clothes she has and the big house she lives, the ensuite accommodation she was in, in first year of university.

Reactions: 17
I don't think Ruby realizes how privileged she is, like when she went home during the pandemic but was probably still paying the rent for her student house, people like me could never do that. Being able buy stuff from expensive shops like Waterstones that she has vlogged in. The expensive clothes she has and the big house she lives, the ensuite accommodation she was in, in first year of university.
Yeah, and then she says she's "so so privileged" for having a roof over her head... instead of acknowledging her actual privilege which is being rich.

Reactions: 31
I’ve not actually seen Ruby buy anything from Waterstones, other than prance around and touch everything, but no doubt the fees for her school are more than many people earn in a year. I do find her dress sense unusual, in so far as she seems determined to look as young as possible. Perhaps her privileged background and being treated as someone special explains why she has found it so difficult to grow up. I think she seems reluctant to acknowledge how privileged she is, but I always think there is a certain irony when she posts the disclaimers to say she is not bragging, when she clearly is.

Reactions: 16
I just wanted to thank you so much for this. As someone who
almost unalived myself during the holidays
I wan't in too great a mood to watch endless video footage of her frolicking, opening tea and prAsents in that childish, callous way of hers. But this thing you wrote...it made me laugh for the first time in days, and I just wanted to tell you that this is just a gossip forum, but for someone who reads here it might mean a tiny bit more than that. Sorry for taking up space and time.
I can't even pretend to imagine what you've been going through to reach that point, but I'm so sorry you've had to deal with it.

I'm so glad you're still here.

Don't forget that you're never alone, even if it might feel like it sometimes. There's always people around to talk to if you need to reach out, and that's something you never have to apologise for.

And for whatever small measure of comfort, entertainment and distraction it brings, as long as Ruby's posting stupid tit online (which, let's face it, will be forever), I for one will always be here to make fun of it and watch Ruby's godawful content so you don't have to.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
It doesn't look like she's ever had a job, like working in a shop or anything while at uni, that could maybe help with her CV. I do wonder what the interviews thought of her when she applied at Oxford.
Oh to be a fly on the wall at that interview. I'm sure she would begin ever sentence by correcting the academics interviewing her, with an "ACT-SHULLY" and then some random piece of irrelevant drivel.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Maybe she thought she could teach the academics a thing or two

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She probably thinks it's a type of tea
Careful now. Ruby will be starting her letter writing campaign to Bird and Blend as a result of your post:

"Dear Bird and Blend Factory worker, I was head girl of my school and as a result I have read about working people like you. For my dissertation I would like to do a collaboration with you on your tea and make it as good as my sweatshop that churns out poorly constructed planners.
ACT-SHULLY (finger point) I have some wonderful ideas for teas which I am happy to charge you a lot of money for:

(1) Brexit Blend - a refreshing tea made from only British leaves, that will cost an inordinate amount of money and leave you with a bad taste in your mouth for years to come;

(2) Tory Tea - this one would have to be very expensive in lieu of ghastly working people sullying it. A rich blend of privilege and ignorance for special Victorian children such as myself and the Rees Moggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She might realize she is richer than others but I doubt she understands how privileged she is, as you said. Where I live, COVID hit us hard and still does, which made it very difficult for me to find a part-time job as a student in order to continue paying my rent and bills while having all of my classes on Zoom. It was terrible for so many students who had to move back to their parents who don't always have the best Internet connection or a quiet place to study, among other things.

I had no choice but to stay where I currently am because I have no other choice, my father would be unable to help me because he lives in a different country at the literal opposite end of the world (he went back to where he grew up once I left him for studying abroad).
I know I would be able to come back if I had no other choice and I know I'm very lucky to be loved by him so he would always help me if needed, but personally, I would feel terrible about it because I would feel like a weight to him (but it's only how I see it, and I understand it might be different for everyone).

I'm not saying Ruby is a weight to her parents and I don't think she is seen as such when I check Mother Granger's blog (which is obviously a very good thing), but the biggest privilege she has is to be able to run back home whenever she wants while not feeling like she's in the wrong for that. For her to be so emotionally dependent of them without thinking it's abnormal, or that they might want her to act different. I don't really know how to properly word my thoughts and I actually don't want her to make a stupid Instagram story saying how grateful she is for having such a supportive family and all of her usual nonsense, but when I said how she needs to humble herself, it was in reference to all of that.

Ruby, no-one is saying you're in the wrong for having a caring, loving and supportive family who happens to be wealthy and will always get your back no matter what happen to you. Being able to feel secure thanks to the people you love the most is, in my opinion, the greatest feeling in the world. But you refuse to acknowledge that properly. You're closing your eyes at people asking you to stop bragging all the time, even if you try to sugarcoat it with a layer of fake humility, and you always want more than what you already have. And I'm talking about wealth, here.
With your position, it would actually be so easy for you to do good, to give back all the money you stole from charity, to be honest about the ads you do and to give this money to a cause you want to defend. But months after months, despite you reading all of your Tattle threads religiously, nothing change if not to become worse. So who knows.

Reactions: 22
I think she's still annoyed she didn't get into Oxford, wouldn't surprise me if one of her applications for a masters is Oxford.
I agree. I think for some reason her mind is still set on going, probably more now than ever now that she's "friends" with Molly. I mean, can you imagine Ruby applying and actually getting in? I don't wish ill upon anyone but god, Ruby has such an inflated sense of her own ego she'll be even more insufferable should she get into Oxford. :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 14
She might realize she is richer than others but I doubt she understands how privileged she is, as you said. Where I live, COVID hit us hard and still does, which made it very difficult for me to find a part-time job as a student in order to continue paying my rent and bills while having all of my classes on Zoom. It was terrible for so many students who had to move back to their parents who don't always have the best Internet connection or a quiet place to study, among other things.

I had no choice but to stay where I currently am because I have no other choice, my father would be unable to help me because he lives in a different country at the literal opposite end of the world (he went back to where he grew up once I left him for studying abroad).
I know I would be able to come back if I had no other choice and I know I'm very lucky to be loved by him so he would always help me if needed, but personally, I would feel terrible about it because I would feel like a weight to him (but it's only how I see it, and I understand it might be different for everyone).

I'm not saying Ruby is a weight to her parents and I don't think she is seen as such when I check Mother Granger's blog (which is obviously a very good thing), but the biggest privilege she has is to be able to run back home whenever she wants while not feeling like she's in the wrong for that. For her to be so emotionally dependent of them without thinking it's abnormal, or that they might want her to act different. I don't really know how to properly word my thoughts and I actually don't want her to make a stupid Instagram story saying how grateful she is for having such a supportive family and all of her usual nonsense, but when I said how she needs to humble herself, it was in reference to all of that.

Ruby, no-one is saying you're in the wrong for having a caring, loving and supportive family who happens to be wealthy and will always get your back no matter what happen to you. Being able to feel secure thanks to the people you love the most is, in my opinion, the greatest feeling in the world. But you refuse to acknowledge that properly. You're closing your eyes at people asking you to stop bragging all the time, even if you try to sugarcoat it with a layer of fake humility, and you always want more than what you already have. And I'm talking about wealth, here.
With your position, it would actually be so easy for you to do good, to give back all the money you stole from charity, to be honest about the ads you do and to give this money to a cause you want to defend. But months after months, despite you reading all of your Tattle threads religiously, nothing change if not to become worse. So who knows.
I have only joined tattle life a couple of days ago and I didn't know she reads this btw. I'm so sorry for the difficult time you have had. I lost my part time job just as the pandemic started too and I live with my mum which I recognize is a privilege to a lot of people. We struggle financially and it's been a difficult couple of years, like it has for so many people. You right it would be nice if she would recognize her privilege and stop going on about the expensive stuff she has and be grateful she has the space to work, study, go for walks and not having to worry about money and having great signal to be able to do uni work.

Reactions: 7
I agree. I think for some reason her mind is still set on going, probably more now than ever now that she's "friends" with Molly. I mean, can you imagine Ruby applying and actually getting in? I don't wish ill upon anyone but god, Ruby has such an inflated sense of her own ego she'll be even more insufferable should she get into Oxford. :sick:
i don’t imagine she will get in, but stranger things have happened. I can understand why she wants to continue in education, but I am not sure she has developed any academic interests throughout her degree and seems mostly focused on pointless busywork and harassing her lecturers. If I was one of her tutors, I would be counting down the days until she buggers off elsewhere.

Reactions: 16
What happened with the planners she was selling? I didn't see the video of her talking about it.
Long story short: basically no one got their planners in time for the new year. Ruby never addressed the comments until dec. 31st. She never made a YouTube video, just an instagram story with text

Reactions: 12
i don’t imagine she will get in, but stranger things have happened. I can understand why she wants to continue in education, but I am not sure she has developed any academic interests throughout her degree and seems mostly focused on pointless busywork and harassing her lecturers. If I was one of her tutors, I would be counting down the days until she buggers off elsewhere.
Yh and if she gets an interview, what's she going to say if they ask about work experience or jobs, when she just studies all the time even though it doesn't look like studying. She will never stop going on about it if she gets in. I wonder what people think of her with her choice of clothes at university, everyone's in jeans or joggers and jumpers at lectures and she's just sat their dressed in Victorian clothes.

Reactions: 5
She’s obviously reading here and doing some damage control, in preparation for masters applications/future (because yes, Ruby, prospective employers look up people online and at their social media etc). She’s removed her link to her vegan “food” page, though the account still exists but she’s deleted the infamous cabbage oats post, and some others. Note to Ruby: just because you’ve deleted videos and other posts/content, nothing is ever truly removed from the internet.

Reactions: 14
What happened with the planners she was selling? I didn't see the video of her talking about it.
She hasn't posted a video because she's been doing her best to sweep the PR nightmare under the rug. Here's a recap:

She put them up for sale far too late in the year (30th November), guaranteeing that they would all be getting shipped in time to hit peak Christmas post delays and employee holidays at the warehouse.

But she didn't need to worry about any delays with the postal system, because no planners were shipped out at all.

People were querying for weeks where their orders were and why they hadn't had a dispatch notification email. Ruby ignored everyone. Pumpkin Productivity's customer service team (which I assume is just one intern who works for Ruby's management team who own and run PP) ignored almost everyone, too.

On the rare occasion customer service did reply, they lied and told people that this was all Royal Mail's fault for losing their order or taking too long (again, PP hadn't actually shipped orders at this point, so Royal Mail had no involvement). Some people seem to have received dispatch emails as soon as the complained, but with no tracking details even when they paid for tracked shipping. They also didn't receive their orders, giving the distinct impression that PP sent fake dispatch notices to buy time and shut people up.

More people complained. Again, on the rare occasion that PP CS replied, they told people that it would ship tomorrow, or the end of the week, or by next week, but definitely before Christmas. They never did.

Ruby posted an Insta story telling everyone there had been an issue at the warehouse (a classic customer service stall tactic/lie) that affected "a few orders", downplaying the extent of the order issues when not a single person had confirmed receiving anything. But she assured everyone they'd get their orders by Christmas.

Christmas was fast approaching and nothing had changed. Ruby's Instagram and the PP Insta page that she runs were flooded with complaints, queries and refund requests. At this point, nobody was getting a response from anyone involved.

Meanwhile, Ruby was refusing to address the problem in any major way. On the contrary, she continued to advertise the planner in her videos, making zero mention of the delivery delays and customer service radio silence. She recommended the planner in her Christmas gift idea video, again offering no warning that they wouldn't arrive in time for Christmas.

While no paid orders had been sent to anyone, Ruby had sent freebie copies to her influencer pals. She began reposting their stories to give the appearance that customers had actually received their orders, when in reality, Ruby has just sent free copies to her friends who will never use them, while people who paid got nothing and got ignored.

The complaints kept flooding in and Ruby went completely silent on social media rather than address it at all.

Eventually, Ruby realised that she'd have to respond in some way and couldn't avoid social media forever, as that would greatly impact her ability to get paid to advertise that LG Gram laptop she never uses or get free Miss Patina clothing.

After Christmas, Ruby started replying to comments on Insta, telling people she'd get them an update.

She lied and played dumb. She didn't once apologise for ignoring people. She didn't once apologise for misleading people regarding delivery times. She at no point addressed the fact that these issues happen with every single product launch at her company. She simply feigned ignorance, blamed customer service and claimed she didn't realise they'd been telling people orders would ship before Christmas, even though Ruby had been telling people that herself. She offered no real apology other than a general lip service one and offered no refunds on postage or partial refunds for planners that arrived too late to be fully useful.

People asked when Ruby would properly address the issues publicly. Instead of making a public statement, she said she'd sent an email to people. When people pointed out that no email was received, she said "You might get it in a couple of hours probably".

Orders seemed to have started getting dispatched between Christmas and New Year. Many people who received them reported pages missing. Ruby did the same thing she always does, and claimed this was "unusual" or "odd", even though it happens with every planner release.

Ruby posted a passive-aggressive Insta story "reminding" customers to use one of her personal email to query orders, even though this email address had not previously been provided to customers. The implication being "of course I ignored everyone for weeks, you weren't using the right email!" and that it was everyone else's fault.

So far, no proper public statement has been made. Ruby has not addressed it on the PP website, in a video or a proper Instagram post. And she won't. She'll just hope this blows over by the next product launch.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Thanks for the entertaining summary as always. On this basis, how can she be taken seriously? To me, this seems tantamount to theft. Ruby doesn’t seem to understand that the people who bought the planners are paying customers and it is disgraceful to treat people so disrespectfully.

Reactions: 13
Ruby reminds me of a guy in my class at uni who tried to convince our lecturer he was wrong about carbon dating, and that you could actually carbon date a brick.. 😔💀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.