Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I forgot about that actually… she’s defo said some pretty questionable stuff in the past.
Anyone seen her latest tiktok lmao?
There was an editing mix-up here and Martha added the wrong footage of Ruby to this video.

This footage of Ruby is actually from the "Put a finger down for every charity you've taken money from" challenge. Ruby currently has the high score on TikTok.

The actual footage that was supposed to be synced to the 'How many classic books have you actually read? (No lying allowed, Ruby!)' challenge is just this for 30 seconds:

Untitled0000 (2).jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
These are very personal, delicate matters and if I were Ruby and my sister made a public pinterest board explicitly about my eating disorder, I'd feel very betrayed. Obviously Ruby's behaviour is harmful and she needs to stop with the borderline pro ana tit but this isn't the way to go about it.

I don't even understand how making a pinterest board is supposed to help Ruby or make her realize what she's doing. Imo Martha is just doing it for attention or maliciously.
Maybe Martha feels like the only way she can communicate with her sister is through social media?

Reactions: 2
Context: I did my entire masters degree on ghost stories, specifically The Woman in Black, one opening set entirely around Christmas Eve, basically this is my own personal ghost story nerd rant 😅

Okay I won’t go too hard on her whole pointless ramble about the history of ghost stories and Christmas because 1) there are tones of scholars who have far better summaries of the connection and 2) she says next to nothing but that the *tradition* doesn’t fit *her* idea of Christmas (Ruby get over yourself*) only to then say that the locked room mysteries were the closest thing to a ghost story in her collection, I’m sorry what? Why can’t she just read A Christmas Carol and I’m absolutely sure she’s had Woman in Black in her collection before, yes she may have unhauled it fair enough but you’re telling me there isn’t any kind of ghost story across her two bookshelves and that whole room of books in her house, yeah no 🙃

*on watching more of the video she does this soooo much, like the Christmas pudding thing she says “oh well *i* think they’re disgusting so I think people keep getting them more as a tradition than that *they* actually like them

Reactions: 8
She's read Orwell's 1984 but didn't understand one bit of it. Could've as well not read it at all...
I think the most she read of 1984 was some quotes she found and misinterpreted on Goodreads.

Just yesterday Ruby posted another reminder of how Ruby only pretends to read.

Here she is kneeling uncomfortably on the dirty, ash-covered hearth "reading" stupidly close to the fire. 💫

The page she's "reading" pensively for far too long? It's the title page.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Guys new Victorian video! Spoiler alert it's the messiest and laziest video ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A hot mess as always, and particularly poorly researched and edited 😂 Also zero points for her attempt at inclusivity by wishing non-xmas-celebrants happy Hanukkah 😂 (although to be fair she didn’t specify which year, she could just be super early for 2022?)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
How are locked-room mysteries the closest thing she had to ghost stories?

"The Victorians invented modern Christmas"

Proceeds to make video about all the ways in which modern Christmas differs from Victorian Christmas

• Haha
Reactions: 18
what.PNG

Ruby, babes, if you want to discuss the difference between Father Christmas and Santa Claus in a video, actually talk about it!! Don't do some less than half arsed attempt at a reference to cover how lazy you are

Reactions: 16
Her newest video is really just a vlog like all the others, featuring some additional Victorian cosplay.

Reactions: 9
Right this may be the 2 hours of sleep and booster jab reaction talking but that video felt like the strangest thing ever and I come away having learned nothing other than to not watch Ruby when you've had a lot of pain meds because I felt a bit yellow wallpaper watching it and that she can't wrap a hanky

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I've got to say for someone who's got all Firsts across the board and who completed an entire module about the Victorians AND describes herself as obsessed with Victorian culture, Rupert's grasp of the cultural and historical context of that period is so, so poor. :censored: She is an embarrassment to anyone who actually finished a degree in English lit.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I did a bit of a rewatch of her Revenge of the Christmas Vlog from the other day, and just for funsies, I slowed it down to 0.25x speed just to see the ballet fit flailing to maximum comic effect (was not disappointed!). I then upped the speed to 0.75x speed, and her speech actually sounds normal. She definitely speeds up her footage/voiceovers by 20-30%.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've got to say for someone who's got all Firsts across the board and who completed an entire module about the Victorians AND describes herself as obsessed with Victorian culture, Rupert's grasp of the cultural and historical context of that period is so, so poor. :censored: She is an embarrassment to anyone who actually finished a degree in English lit.
The discrepancy between Ruby's high grades (no doubt taking lots of effort + attentiveness) and her slapdash videos is always so confusing to me. I seem to remember her mentioning in a video with Ali Abdaal maybe (?) when talking about her planner that she will have an idea for something and then try to crank it out as quickly as possible because if she obsesses over the planning process then it's less likely it'll come to fruition. And I think that's actually a good policy, in theory - 'perfection is the enemy of done' etc - but her content is sometimes SO low effort / randomly pieced together that it feels sloppy given that this has become her job/a stream of income and not a hobby. I don't get it...She puts her YouTube channel on her Linkedin. What would an admissions person think if they're assessing Ruby's masters application, and she has linked her YouTube channel to her professional/academic outputs, and they find all these poorly researched videos about the Victorian era + literature?

Reactions: 22
Colouring in a Christmas card for her school English teacher when she's in her fourth year at university is killing me with cringe, I can't lie.

I also find it so weird how Ruby talking about her research never sounds like a student relaying things they've found to a peer, it's like she wants to be the teacher with zero qualifications.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I love the look of confusion on her face when she said that people would leave presents ... for...? Father Christmas? But... But... mummy, I thought all the presents were for me? What do you mean I have to GIVE presents?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m sorry but literally any time I’m feeling crap about myself I’m going to re-watch that completely bizzare segment of her trying to wrap a handkerchief to reassure myself that I am in fact a person who 1) can read basic instructions and 2) knows the difference between paper and tissue paper

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Colouring in a Christmas card for her school English teacher when she's in her fourth year at university is killing me with cringe, I can't lie.

I also find it so weird how Ruby talking about her research never sounds like a student relaying things they've found to a peer, it's like she wants to be the teacher with zero qualifications.
She can’t seem to move beyond the teacher/student dynamic at all. A good example was her latest Notion video, where she says it’s important to take notes during lectures but not so much during seminars, unless YOU have some ”key thoughts” about the work being discussed. It’s like all that matters to her is what SHE thinks, next to that is what the teacher tells her, and everyone else in the seminar group is pretty much just background noise. Remember how she felt she needed to change her essay topic because it had come up in class discussion? She’s so bent on being the sole unique snowflake that she can’t handle someone beside herself coming up with an idea.

edit:…or fishing an idea out of the reams of secondary reading she makes Blakeney do for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Calling it now, after uni Ruby is going to rebrand as someone who never shuts the duck up about "gifted kid burnout."

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Calling it now, after uni Ruby is going to rebrand as someone who never shuts the duck up about "gifted kid burnout."
except that she was never gifted.
and how can you burn out from never doing any actual work at all?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.