Ruby Granger #20 Waterstones won’t give her a deal, cabbage oats are a ”healthy meal”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the whole ED speculation is probably accurate but it’s dangerous to assume and quite problematic from my perspective. Speaking as an ED survivor, it’s an individualised illness, so to put that onto Ruby is difficult to see.
That being said, the perfectionism traits are so strong in Ruby. I really hope she finds some value other than being the best at academia.
You know, I'm a huge advocate of this, but there is just too much with Ruby. No way she doesn't have one. Many people here also deal/dealted with eds, it's not random haters calling her anorexic because of her weight. And I'm gonna let the physical part of the disease aside, because I do think you should not make assumptions based on it, and that it's very weird to talk about someone's body like that. But :

-She has the most typical profile for anorexia ; privileged, white, always had food on the table, type A, very obssessive and adamant about how her life should be, control issues...
-She is vegan, and the correlation rate between being vegan, being a rich white girl and having an ed is high, really high
-She does constant, blatant body checking in her videos. Almost one shot out of two is her recording herself in a way no one does to body check.
-She eats really weird foods, like, not in a "weird taste" way, weird "no one would ever like that but under starvation vegetables taste really sweet to your brain" way.
-She drinks an insane amount of water and tea, and you can see she has self-imposed tea quotas, because she shugs it, she doesn't drink it like she enjoys it.
-She eats frozen stuff still frozen.
-Even in her oldest videos, she has some sort of obsession with excercice, she does so much just... Moving around. She used to do a loooot of trampoline, and clearly didn't enjoy it.
-She has an obsession with being a child, wich is a very typical ed trait.
-You can actually see she doesn't care that much about eating vegan (she sometimes eat non vegan stuff because she doesn't check well enough, and she doesn't mind wool or honey somehow) and is only using it as a way to restrict.
-She drinks matcha alone, no milk no sugar, and I'm sorry but unless it's part of your culture and you're used to it, only an insane or sick person would do that.
-She talks a lot about what she eats off screen, or that she took seconds, she justifies her small portions, when no one asked. Because she knows she's starving herself.
-Her portion sizes are soooo small. We're talking a quarter of a cup of oatmeal or half a toast, with the tiniest bits of nut butter or anything that contains fat.
-She is cold all the time, way too cold for it to be normal, and she often gets cold on purpose.
-She has cognitive dysfunctions. We can see it all the time in her videos.
-She chews her food for very long time, and takes very tiny bites.
-She watches a lot of binging and mukbang videos.

And I'm getting bored with listing all that but there is more.
Also as I said I didn't list anything physical because it's weird and could be because of illness other than an eating disorder, but she has a lot of physical signs of starvation and malnutrition as well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
You know, I'm a huge advocate of this, but there is just too much with Ruby. No way she doesn't have one. Many people here also deal/dealted with eds, it's not random haters calling her anorexic because of her weight. And I'm gonna let the physical part of the disease aside, because I do think you should not make assumptions based on it, and that it's very weird to talk about someone's body like that. But :

-She has the most typical profile for anorexia ; privileged, white, always had food on the table, type A, very obssessive and adamant about how her life should be, control issues...
-She is vegan, and the correlation rate between being vegan, being a rich white girl and having an ed is high, really high
-She does constant, blatant body checking in her videos. Almost one shot out of two is her recording herself in a way no one does to body check.
-She eats really weird foods, like, not in a "weird taste" way, weird "no one would ever like that but under starvation vegetables taste really sweet to your brain" way.
-She drinks an insane amount of water and tea, and you can see she has self-imposed tea quotas, because she shugs it, she doesn't drink it like she enjoys it.
-Even in her oldedt videos, she has some sort of obsession with excercice, she does so much just... Moving around. She used to do so much trampoline, and clearly didn't enjoy it.
-You can actually see she doesn't care that much about eating vegan (she sometimes eat non vegan stuff because she doesn't check well enough, and she doesn't mind wool or honey somehow) and is only using it as a way to restrict.
-She drink matcha alone, no milk no sugar, and I'm sorry but unless it's part of your culture and you're used to it, only an insane or sick person would do that.
-She talks a lot about what she eats off screen, or that she took seconds, she justifies her small portions, when no one asked. Because she knows she's starving herself.
-Her portion sizes are soooo small. We're talking a quarter of a cup of oatmeal or half a toast, with the tiniest bits of nut butter or anything that contains fat.
-She is cold all the time, way too cold for it to be normal, and she often gets cold on purpose.

Also as I said I didn't list anything physical because it's weird and could be because of illness, but she has a lot of physical sign of starvation and malnutrition as well.
I agree with everything you’ve said. I don’t think that it’s random haters commenting on her appearance, just doesn’t seem to be from a kind place. I mean what does it achieve by diagnosing an ED here? That is a genuine question. I suppose people could follow her example for studying and get accidentally caught up in the thinspo behaviour. I’m just interested to hear people’s opinion on it. Because I’m conflicted.

Ruby needs help professionally and I personally believe it’s damaging for her to post what she does. Equally, it’s not helpful for her recovery to highlight her illness here.

that’s just my opinion which I appreciate isn’t everyone’s. Everything I’ve written is well meaning and not meant to upset.

Reactions: 9
I agree with everything you’ve said. I don’t think that it’s random haters commenting on her appearance, just doesn’t seem to be from a kind place. I mean what does it achieve by diagnosing an ED here? That is a genuine question. I suppose people could follow her example for studying and get accidentally caught up in the thinspo behaviour. I’m just interested to hear people’s opinion on it. Because I’m conflicted.

Ruby needs help professionally and I personally believe it’s damaging for her to post what she does. Equally, it’s not helpful for her recovery to highlight her illness here.

that’s just my opinion which I appreciate isn’t everyone’s. Everything I’ve written is well meaning and not meant to upset.
It's a touchy subject. My main point being that it's not assumptions. Talking about it probably actually enables her.
I sometimes (rarely but sometimes) comment under her videos, and I sometimes get approval from her fans. She is a very bad role model, and they need to realize it. I know I would have obssess with her channel 7 or 8 years ago. Not for the good reasons.
Anyways, at this point, and I don't like saying this, Ruby does make me very sad, but she's gonna have to almost die or completly burn out to maybe start getting better. Her family cannot really do anything since she's over 18, and it's not like she has many friends. Friends can't do anything either anyway. You just push people that want to help you away when you have an ed.
I think she should be called out. Because even if she's sick, what she's doing is not ok.

Reactions: 25
I suppose it’s a very
It's a touchy subject. My main point being that it's not assumptions. Talking about it probably actually enables her.
I sometimes (rarely but sometimes) comment under her videos, and I sometimes get approval from her fans. She is a very bad role model, and they need to realize it. I know I would have obssess with her channel 7 or 8 years ago. Not for the good reasons.
Anyways, at this point, and I don't like saying this, Ruby does make me very sad, but she's gonna have to almost die or completly burn out to maybe start getting better. Her family cannot really do anything since she's over 18, and it's not like she has many friends. Friends can't do anything either anyway. You just push people that want to help you away when you have an ed.
I think she should be called out. Because even if she's sick, what she's doing is not ok.
EDs are such a strange and complex phenomenon, but to see it played out on YouTube or Instagram without mention of ED or even just compulsive behaviour is so odd to me.

I see what you are saying totally. She holds a massive influence over thousands of not millions of children so her behaviour is problematic in that respect.

To me the biggest issue with influencers is that none of them really seem to positively influence. Again happy to be corrected on this sweeping generalisation. Such a strange and dangerous world. God I sound so old!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Equally, it’s not helpful for her recovery to highlight her illness here.
It is very helpful to the viewers like me, If i wasnt reading people's opinions on tattle (and previously on gurugossip) I literally wouldn't be able to recognize her problematic behaviour.

I've never been a ruby stan but before tattle i believed she is a very "proper" person. Because she portrays herself that way! Reading a lots of books, studying all the time, etc. I would think that her diet is also proper and I would normalize these ed related behaviours.

Reactions: 31

-Even in her oldest videos, she has some sort of obsession with excercice, she does so much just... Moving around. She used to do a loooot of trampoline, and clearly didn't enjoy it.
-She drinks matcha alone, no milk no sugar, and I'm sorry but unless it's part of your culture and you're used to it, only an insane or sick person would do that.

Also as I said I didn't list anything physical because it's weird and could be because of illness other than an eating disorder, but she has a lot of physical signs of starvation and malnutrition as well.
This is all absolutely on the money and I clicked on a video of hers from two years ago and the change in Ruby is so stark and shocking. She was so much healthier, happier and looked glowing and alive. She ate proper meals and didn't seem so controlled and sad. I am honestly so concerned for her health and I pray she gets help and wakes up to what she is doing to herself. I appreciate that I have never had an ed so I don't know what it entails from an inside perspective but I am genuinely so worried for her and her health.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It is very helpful to the viewers like me, If i wasnt reading people's opinions on tattle (and previously on gurugossip) I literally wouldn't be able to recognize her problematic behaviour.

I've never been a ruby stan but before tattle i believed she is a very "proper" person. Because she portrays herself that way! Reading a lots of books, studying all the time, etc. I would think that her diet is also proper and I would normalize these ed related behaviours.
Yes I see from a place of her being influential it’s difficult to see looking in. And to validate your own feelings and journey with your own battles- acknowledging that she isn’t living a healthy/aspirational lifestyle.
and yes so true. The normalisation of ED behaviours or compulsions in general is problematic if it gets to a stage of pathology, which I believe Ruby is in the midst of.

Reactions: 3

Whilst I do agree with this I just have some major issues with it (with ruby not your comment). Again I'm mentioning EDs in detail so ignore if its triggering. If ruby was just going about her life as normal whilst struggling I wouldn't comment on it because really it's none of anyone elses business but she is triggering people with ED's and was fully aware she was, whenever she would upload food content or body checks people would comment saying they have to unfollow because it's triggering, she even had a friend who had to unfollow as it hindered her recovery. Ruby was aware of this and would delete peoples comments without addressing them and continued to post that content knowing it was triggering her audience.
Like it or not part of her job is people aspiring to be her so for her to be posting that content knowing it triggers people and people even commented they want to look like her and do nothing about it is in inexcusable. I struggled/am struggling with an ED and have been for a decade or so and it's a common misconception it massively effects how you treat people. yes I wasn't nice to be around purely because of hanger but I was still aware of when I was upsetting people and many times had to apologise for it, there is a part of her which probably likes the comments on her body so I will never do that and majority of people here agree with that but the comments on her insta very rarely mention how she looks and they're talking about their own mental illness, the least she could do is message them to apologise but instead she deleted comments and only ever addressed it by saying "yes I've lost weight but that's all I will talk about" now I'm not saying she has to detail everything but she needs to acknowledge she messed up and triggered fans and apologise for it

Reactions: 14
Whilst I do agree with this I just have some major issues with it (with ruby not your comment). Again I'm mentioning EDs in detail so ignore if its triggering. If ruby was just going about her life as normal whilst struggling I wouldn't comment on it because really it's none of anyone elses business but she is triggering people with ED's and was fully aware she was, whenever she would upload food content or body checks people would comment saying they have to unfollow because it's triggering, she even had a friend who had to unfollow as it hindered her recovery. Ruby was aware of this and would delete peoples comments without addressing them and continued to post that content knowing it was triggering her audience.
Like it or not part of her job is people aspiring to be her so for her to be posting that content knowing it triggers people and people even commented they want to look like her and do nothing about it is in inexcusable. I struggled/am struggling with an ED and have been for a decade or so and it's a common misconception it massively effects how you treat people. yes I wasn't nice to be around purely because of hanger but I was still aware of when I was upsetting people and many times had to apologise for it, there is a part of her which probably likes the comments on her body so I will never do that and majority of people here agree with that but the comments on her insta very rarely mention how she looks and they're talking about their own mental illness, the least she could do is message them to apologise but instead she deleted comments and only ever addressed it by saying "yes I've lost weight but that's all I will talk about" now I'm not saying she has to detail everything but she needs to acknowledge she messed up and triggered fans and apologise for it
* trigger warning mention of ED *
I didn’t know about the comment deleting. That is so bad. Incredibly irresponsible too, with her sphere of influence being so broad, you would hope that she would address the comments and check people were ok. But perhaps she doesn’t see it that way due to the nature of EDs.
The paradox of EDs in denial and euphoria is something I really dealt badly with at my worst. Sorry to hear your ED spanned so long. It is such a complicated illness. I am 10 years post ‘recovery’ not that you ever really truly recover. I hope you find further recovery and I’m sorry for all of those who found Ruby’s content distressing.
I guess I didn’t find it triggering because she’s so unrelatable to me, but I can see now how others would find her content so deeply disturbing and almost celebratory of EDs

Reactions: 5
A lot of things about her made sense for me after watching (enduring) her recent assumptions video. She said, rather forcibly, that no one in her family has an academic background. So maybe they made a huge deal of her when she read her first Winnie the Pooh book, and christened her "bookish" (when in fact, sorry, she is not). That, and her later being the first person in her family to apply and get in to college, became her identity.

I don't know if they dubbed her a child prodigy or not, but she certainly seemed to think so. Also, if they did, it might be due to ignorance and due to not knowing how actual prodigies are, since they haven't been exposed to higher education? Don't know, just wondering how that came about, since she can barely use words, you know?

Then, she had one major failure (in her opinion) with Oxford, and a second one when she found she did not actually enjoy being in Nail Polish University (ASSeter). She was already overexercising, overplanning and overdoing the inconsequential tasks thing before the plague, the videos are still up.

When that happened (the plague), she completely lost her sense of identity. She lost uni, her routines, her everything. She hid at home, in food ( the lack thereof), in childhood, in exercise and in coming up with mundane, non-tasks. Documenting it all, putting it on the internet, and receiving praise and money for it, validated her.

That last part is my problem with her.

I don't blame her for being messed up by the rona, everyone's lives, personalities and mental health (well, not everyone's but most people's) got extremely f****d up. Not to mention the preexisting pressure on us to be "something", be it in college or elsewhere from our early to late teens, then on to our twenties and so on. But I do blame her for pointing the finger (both metaphorically and very very much literally) and TEACHING everyone how to live.

Just no. Step away from the internet and your greedy, ill-begotten money, get your head on straight, and stop endangering young girls' lives with your bullsh*t. Maybe you can come back when you learn to be honest, at least. I wouldn't mind her general messed-up-ness, in fact I would relate to it, if her content was about herself and not a made-up version.

It's the lies and the propaganda I have a problem with. And yes, along with teaching kids to uselessly procrastinate with notion, give money which she then steals, and buy scammy products, she is teaching them not to eat. You would have to be blind not to see that, sorry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Screenshot_20211203-112156_Chrome.jpg

His name is Alexandre! Not Alexander.
She could know that, considering she is listening to him for at least three years now.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm 24 and I feel so bleeping lost and like I've accomplished nothing and lost all my life to mental illnesses. Her mid twenties are going to hit her like a bleeping truck. Assuming she hasn't completely starved herself by then.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I looked through the comments to her latest video, and it's certainly a wild journey through the forests of lies and stupidity.

(The Forest of Lies and Stupidity - Coming to a YA bookshelf near you soon!

Ruby Granger rated it 5/5!

"I really saw myself while reading this book!" Ruby said, as she skimmed a chapter while brushing her teeth and looking in the mirror.)

Untitledgh]fg.png

"I put two tiny letters in the small thumbnail! I did the bare minimum, so good day! Maximum transparency? More like maximum travels-to-my-parents-eee! (Passive-aggressive emoji) xx"

But why didn't you declare those Perkier bars as a gifted product, Ruby? :unsure:

Untitlghedgh]fg.png

The "slight problem" is that Ruby refuses to use the heating.

Evidently the heat is broken in every single building she frequents if you believe her bullshit.

Untitldgghedgh]fg.png

200w.gif

"Hello, it's Ruby and (insert dyoobious ax-planation that conveniently happened off-screen heeyar)!"

Untitlertgfhghedgh]fg.png

Ruby isn't lying when she avoids the "effort" part and agrees that she "put a lot of time in them". She means it quite literally - I mean, her "day in the life" videos contain jumbled footage from numerous days over several months and years! That's definitely a lot of times to put in a video!

Untitlertgghedgh]fg.png

Ruby U-turned from "I appreciate constructive criticism and hold myself perpetually accountable!" to "All criticism is negativity and bullying!" again so fast that she's already started a charity to aid whiplash victims like her and then embezzled all the money from said charity.

Literally the only comments that aren't blindly fawning comments about how much effort and joy she puts into everything and how organised she its are the ones constructively raising the issue of her questionable ED-baiting content or other shady shenanigans. But that's just negativity, apparently.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Ruby's superiority complex bleeds through everything and it makes her content insufferable and obnoxious to watch. I wish she'd be honest with her audience for once. Imagine what a difference a video would make in which she admits she's struggling with mental health, household chores, uni, as we all do sometimes. But that would mean for Ruby to behave like a responsible adult and since she's neither she pretends to be the queen of productivity, gracing us commoners with her poorly declared ads, gifted products, ED baiting and pointless planners. What a shitshow!

Reactions: 32
I looked through the comments to her latest video, and it's certainly a wild journey through the forests of lies and stupidity.

(The Forest of Lies and Stupidity - Coming to a YA bookshelf near you soon!

Ruby Granger rated it 5/5!

"I really saw myself while reading this book!" Ruby said, as she skimmed a chapter while brushing her teeth and looking in the mirror.)

View attachment 902720

"I put two tiny letters in the small thumbnail! I did the bare minimum, so good day! Maximum transparency? More like maximum travels-to-my-parents-eee! (Passive-aggressive emoji) xx"

But why didn't you declare those Perkier bars as a gifted product, Ruby? :unsure:

View attachment 902728

The "slight problem" is that Ruby refuses to use the heating.

Evidently the heat is broken in every single building she frequents if you believe her bullshit.

View attachment 902729

View attachment 902766

"Hello, it's Ruby and (insert dyoobious ax-planation that conveniently happened off-screen heeyar)!"

View attachment 902733

Ruby isn't lying when she avoids the "effort" part and agrees that she "put a lot of time in them". She means it quite literally - I mean, her "day in the life" videos contain jumbled footage from numerous days over several months and years! That's definitely a lot of times to put in a video!

View attachment 902731

Ruby U-turned from "I appreciate constructive criticism and hold myself perpetually accountable!" to "All criticism is negativity and bullying!" again so fast that she's already started a charity to aid whiplash victims like her and then embezzled all the money from said charity.

Literally the only comments that aren't blindly fawning comments about how much effort and joy she puts into everything and how organised she its are the ones constructively raising the issue of her questionable ED-baiting content or other shady shenanigans. But that's just negativity, apparently.
Yeah I’m pretty sure there’s another ASA guideline which says the AD has to be very clearly visible? Aka not so small that you can barely see it

Reactions: 21
What is her obsession with constantly going on about how cold it is? Is it because they didn't know how to work the heating when they first moved in and they haven't found out after 2 years of living there? Does she somehow feel the need to play up some form of helpless act?

It gets cold every winter, surely she's used to it by now and knows what to expect and how to combat it?

Reactions: 15
I think for the longest time Ruby romanticised the cold as it fitted the cozy aesthetic, whereas now her malnutrition state makes her really feel the cold, and she's suffering for it (but won't admit to it), so indoor hats and hot water bottle under the jumper it is.

Reactions: 22
Slightly late to this, but all the creeps commenting and Ruby even liking the comments...why? Years ago I once messaged her trying to warn her about her last name being visible in one of her videos (now it's common knowledge I know) and trying to tell her it wasn't safe, because I was really worried. She ignored and blocked me. I seriously don't understand; why would she not be more careful? And even more so; is she actually trying to place herself in danger? Because these people can genuinely be dangerous

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Slightly late to this, but all the creeps commenting and Ruby even liking the comments...why? Years ago I once messaged her trying to warn her about her last name being visible in one of her videos (now it's common knowledge I know) and trying to tell her it wasn't safe, because I was really worried. She ignored and blocked me. I seriously don't understand; why would she not be more careful? And even more so; is she actually trying to place herself in danger? Because these people can genuinely be dangerous
wait she blocked you because you were concerned about her?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.