Ruby Granger #16 Rooberoy Lockhart, author of ”Erimenthal Me”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't remember anything on tattle, but on the original GG thread (and maybe #2), there was someone who viciously despised Ruby and kept going on about her being chubby and needing to "tone". At the time I remember hoping Ruby didn't read the thread, since those types of comments can trigger an ED, and Ruby would be more at risk than most, e.g. childhood obsession, her need to be in control.

But I also think the main trigger was watching Holly Gabrielle, which she started doing regularly at some point two years ago. Holly Gabrielle essentially runs a thinspo channel. The original exercise kick, and the not so subtle arrival of anorexia books on her GoodReads, and the filming herself going to a restaurant and ordering a saucer of vegetables when her family ordered dessert all dated around that same time.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I don't remember anything on tattle, but on the original GG thread (and maybe #2), there was someone who viciously despised Ruby and kept going on about her being chubby and needing to "tone". At the time I remember hoping Ruby didn't read the thread, since those types of comments can trigger an ED, and Ruby would be more at risk than most, e.g. childhood obsession, her need to be in control.

But I also think the main trigger was watching Holly Gabrielle, which she started doing regularly at some point two years ago. Holly Gabrielle essentially runs a thinspo channel. The original exercise kick, and the not so subtle arrival of anorexia books on her GoodReads, and the filming herself going to a restaurant and ordering a saucer of vegetables when her family ordered dessert all dated around that same time.
Yep I remember this, and it wasn't long after I started watching Ruby regularly. Then when she moved to Exeter after these comments became quite common, she filmed herself going to the gym a lot. I do think those comments will have played a part, I see traits of my younger self in Ruby like perfectionism and being very sensitive to criticism and I know they would have affected me hugely too.

Reactions: 8

I actually forgot about this tbf as I never posted on the original GG threads and only discovered them last year, but I know exactly the poster you’re talking about, their comments were vile and they used to write massive cruel and obsessive paragraphs about her.
I’m not going to name names, but I’m pretty sure that person eventually discovered tattle and now regularly posts on this thread under a different name with slightly toned down comments. There’s still the same malice there though, idk if anyone else noticed this or if it’s just me.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
I actually forgot about this tbf as I never posted on the original GG threads and only discovered them last year, but I know exactly the poster you’re talking about, their comments were vile and they used to write massive cruel and obsessive paragraphs about her.
I’m not going to name names, but I’m pretty sure that person eventually discovered tattle and now regularly posts on this thread under a different name with slightly toned down comments. There’s still the same malice there though, idk if anyone else noticed this or if it’s just me.
i have a sneaky suspicion of who it is and i agree with you about the malice…… *taps nose*

also wanted to add that the posts i’m thinking of make me uncomfortable sometimes because it sounds like a vendetta or the statements have been so massively overgeneralised that i don’t know if they know that ruby didn’t actually do or say something, it’s only in their head 👀

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Okay. The vibe here seems a little off to me atm. A small number of people looking for very old, very specific, very weird Ruby videos and posting comments accusing people here for the weirdest tit (being mean to Roobs, setting of her alleged ED, defending her "veganism"...), with everybody else just being left to defend themselves and this place.

Just an idea: Maybe, if your main concern is finding old Ruby content and holding on to the old Ruby you love (which is fine, you do you) than maybe find another place on the internet for that?

This is a gossip forum and I miss the light-hearted commentary (that was more often than not very considerate to begin with). Why are we discussing people being mean to Rooberoy in thread #2 for example? Just why? What's the goal?

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
Okay. The vibe here seems a little off to me atm. A small number of people looking for very old, very specific, very weird Ruby videos and posting comments accusing people here for the weirdest tit (being mean to Roobs, setting of her alleged ED, defending her "veganism"...), with everybody else just being left to defend themselves and this place.

Just an idea: Maybe, if your main concern is finding old Ruby content and holding on to the old Ruby you love (which is fine, you do you) than maybe find another place on the internet for that?

This is a gossip forum and I miss the light-hearted commentary (that was more often than not very considerate to begin with).
Definitely. Tbh I didn't see any "malice" in these threads, now it's basically a group of Ruby's weirdo (why the duck would you unironically look for her hermione videos) fans who try to gang up on us (umm good luck). There were a few comments some people didn't agree with but it's how discussion works - unless you're a kid and it's beyond your level of comprehension.
Use some constructive thinking and arguments first people cause right now you're just making fools of yourselves (just like Ruby you love).
Besides I think I do know what GG poster they talk about, and while their comments sometimes did lack sensitivity and very often would piss off other posters, they weren't near the level of overboard other threads usually have. Both here and on GG, Roobee's threads were always super tame - and if you're that sensitive then don't look for gossip about yourself to begin with, sorry.

Reactions: 16
Definitely. Tbh I didn't see any "malice" in these threads, now it's basically a group of Ruby's weirdo (why the duck would you unironically look for her hermione videos) fans who try to gang up on us (umm good luck). There were a few comments some people didn't agree with but it's how discussion works - unless you're a kid and it's beyond your level of comprehension.
Unless posts have been deleted, isn't there's only one person looking for Ruby's awful Hermione videos? I mean I agree one is too many, but that doesn't make a group of weirdo fans.

Also I'm not trying to gang up on this thread by saying that there was an old GG poster who used to say extremely vile things about Ruby that could have triggered an ED. Ruby has never been fat or even chubby in the time she's been on youtube. It was really nasty bullying, and unnecessary because there are plenty of things Ruby can legitimately be criticized for, e.g. the "Erimentha" behaviour, and making money off a persona that sends unhealthy messages to her (mostly much younger) viewers.

Reactions: 19
I wonder if this is the weekend our robeeee will fly the nest back to university
Freshers are moving into Exeter accommodation this weekend, so presumably Ruby shouldn't be far behind (unless she doesn't want to be there during Freshers week).

Reactions: 5
Yea agree with what others are saying the vibes on here have definitely been off the past few days. Think the effects of watching weekly roobes is genuinely starting to drive us crackers 😭 not really sure why you would ever come to a gossip site as a FAN of someone but also this is just about the only ruby discussion place on the web atm so I guess these people are either ruby / her accomplices (mum🥸) in incognito mode or just younger fans who really want that nostalgic granger kick for some reason lmao. Either way let’s get back to pikelet and mid afternoon tea routine discourse I beg 🤣

Ps I’m so incredibly nosey and now you’ve all got me wondering who this malicious person from another thread is but I don’t wanna stir the pot lol

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Freshers are moving into Exeter accommodation this weekend, so presumably Ruby shouldn't be far behind (unless she doesn't want to be there during Freshers week).
Oh yes surrounded by all those people going out and having fun

Yea agree with what others are saying the vibes on here have definitely been off the past few days. Think the effects of watching weekly roobes is genuinely starting to drive us crackers 😭 not really sure why you would ever come to a gossip site as a FAN of someone but also this is just about the only ruby discussion place on the web atm so I guess these people are either ruby / her accomplices (mum🥸) in incognito mode or just younger fans who really want that nostalgic granger kick for some reason lmao. Either way let’s get back to pikelet and mid afternoon tea routine discourse I beg 🤣

Ps I’m so incredibly nosey and now you’ve all got me wondering who this malicious person from another thread is but I don’t wanna stir the pot lol
I honestly don't know why there's so much time spent defending her. People can be really nasty and just weirdly obsessive, I get it, but when you put yourself out there expect at least one of these types of people. Not everyone is the most sensitive. I'm just glad here people aren't explicitly talking about her weight and making derogatory comments but mostly bringing up legitimate concerns.

Reactions: 6
She doesn't seem to have posted anything today on Instagram (unless she deleted stuff), so I guess she must be moving in.

Reactions: 1
She doesn't seem to have posted anything today on Instagram (unless she deleted stuff), so I guess she must be moving in.
I’m aware I’m coming across as such a creeper lol but I just randomly remembered she scheduled September 11 as a day off in one of the 3715 places she does her planning. I’m positive I saw it somewhere. In any case, I’m guessing this weekend is reserved for long walks, gymnastics, pretending to like her dog, packing, listening to the alpacas eat grass, playing tennis or engaging in in some other posh sport, because she is indeed going back on Monday.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I thought there wasn't much on for people past first year in Freshers week, and you tended to come the week after?

Caveat that I'm old and went to uni a long time ago :LOL:

Reactions: 1
I thought there wasn't much on for people past first year in Freshers week, and you tended to come the week after?

Caveat that I'm old and went to uni a long time ago :LOL:
For me and my friends it was always a good opportunity to come back and reconnect before the year started, but maybe that was just us.

Reactions: 3
Most people I know (including me) move back to uni ASAP bc its exciting to see your friends again and move into a new house but i guess that doesn't really apply to Ruby I doubt she gets excited about things like that

Reactions: 6
Most people I know (including me) move back to uni ASAP bc its exciting to see your friends again and move into a new house but i guess that doesn't really apply to Ruby I doubt she gets excited about things like that
Ruby will just be amazed how the paper she blue tacked to her kitchen cupboards has fallen off and how dust has appeared.
I just hope she hasn't left a pile of rubbish there all summer like she did when she left last time

Reactions: 5
lmfao at that video concept, I knew she made loadssss of nonsense in her hermione era but this ones properly clutching at straws 😭 I can see why she privated most of them bless.. at least she's self aware that far lol

out of curiosity I just went poking around abit and found people discussing that particular vid on reddit of all places?? and they included a direct link so I just popped it into wayback machine and !!!! friday night treat for the tattlers !!! yes this one has ACTUALLY been preserved lmfao:

there's the link, think it can only be viewed on desktop though but I've got it playing rn and it works. I've tried messing around on wayback before searching for the elusive cottage buying vids but never had any luck so I presume they're lost to the sands of time. anyone who tracks them down will become a deity on this site lmao
A minute and a half in, she says that Hermione would likely bring her own snacks onto a plane because 'plane food can be a bit temperamental'. Looks like her blatant misuse of fairly common words started early 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.