Ruby Granger #15 Dustcore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone tell this poor girl you don’t have to ~love~ everything 🤦🏽‍♀️ You’re allowed to be annoyed that you got rained on during a walk, Ruby chill!

Oh god bookshelf tour is up, my book lover self is ready for the cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Someone tell this poor girl you don’t have to ~love~ everything 🤦🏽‍♀️ You’re allowed to be annoyed that you got rained on during a walk, Ruby chill!

Oh god bookshelf tour is up, my book lover self is ready for the cringe
Sweet Christ deliver us, it’s 40 minutes long.
edit: less than five minutes in and she’s already mispronounced Evelyn Waugh (both first AND last name!) and Truman Capote 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm not going to waste 40 precious minutes of my life knowing in advance that her bookshelves follow a stupidly aesthetic order (although I don't know what kind of aesthetics include a Coraline doll next to Dickens). Let me know if she's removed the "In the Kitchen" book from the classics and "Far from the Madding Crowd" from contemporaries, that's all I ask :cry:

Reactions: 9
oh ffs Roobee. Oranges etc. is NOT a memoir. If it was, Winterson probably wouldn’t have seen a need to write Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal.

Also, she has a book of 500 unique words, which are just really nice words which epitomise something that you couldn’t otherwise describe. Such as ’ruminate’ and ’seminal’. Also ’badinage’ (pronounced baddie-nidge). I’m going to have to put washi tape over my eyeballs for the remainder of the video to prevent them from falling right out of my head from all the eye-rolling.

”In the Kitchen” was still in with the classics.

She also has a book by No Am Komsky, must look this person up, seems interesting 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I think even the cardigan could look alright if she just styled it more like a person her age. Tucking the green top into some high-waisted pants would make a significant difference imo.
I’m a fan of a big cardigan, but it’s definitely how you style it. My autumn/winter go-to outfit is high waisted, tapered trousers (usually checkered), with a t-shirt or thin funnel neck tucked in, then an oversized cardigan on top.

Obviously no one needs to follow trends, worth isn’t defined by style, yada yada. But surely if you’re posting an OOTD it’s because you either really love the outfit/how you look, or because you believe people will be interested in your style? It’s not cottagecore or dark/light academia, and I’m not convinced it’s option 1 either!

Reactions: 6
Vladimir Nobbykov 😂 does no one in her life correct her? I would have a really difficult time holding back from saying something.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Is it just me or is she showing off how thin her legs are and how big the jeans are on her when she's "showing" how she got soaked in the rain? Or is this my ED brain talking

Reactions: 21
I'm sorry but she is quite literally wasting away. I'm not trying to encourage her but she seriously needs help because she'll just disappear into nothing soon

Reactions: 10
Nice thread title, simple but effective 😂👌🏻
tho I have read simp 🤣
"Nice thread title simp, but effective"
I'm done.
Wish you all a nice evening or whatever!

I'm sorry but she is quite literally wasting away. I'm not trying to encourage her but she seriously needs help because she'll just disappear into nothing soon
I still have the hope that she has already seeked help, but is not telling us.

Reactions: 3
ah yes everyones favourite authors Daphne Du Mauria and Vladimir Nobbycov, surely someone should correct her or she should google it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is it just me or is she showing off how thin her legs are and how big the jeans are on her when she's "showing" how she got soaked in the rain? Or is this my ED brain talking
That’s exactly what I took from it.

Reactions: 1
I think that's the trouble with ✨ casual magic✨ and telling people to love and appreciate every little thing: it's ridiculously unrealistic and toxic.

If I stub my toe, my first thought isn't going to be "Ooh I'm so amazed by how sturdy and solid that table leg is", I'm going to be internally cussing and feeling pain. There isn't anything positive about it, and not being able to see the negative in situations (i.e. the balance of life) isn't a good thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Gonna watch the new video and take a shot whenever Ruby mispronounces something, wish me luck

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Yes Ruby, Song of Achilles is one of the most successful books of the last decade thanks to everyone else either had an innate childhood understanding of the Greeks or they did lots of busy work research before reading it, you know it’s not like they could have just read it and enjoyed it for what it is?

I completely understand that knowing the mythology gives you added perspective so not blaming her for looking into it but I didn’t know the stories before reading it either and, beyond quickly googling or asking my boyfriend about a couple of names to check relations, I just enjoyed it for the story itself if that makes sense? My boyfriend has an encyclopaedic knowledge on mythology and he also really liked it

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I think that's the trouble with ✨ casual magic✨ and telling people to love and appreciate every little thing: it's ridiculously unrealistic and toxic.

If I stub my toe, my first thought isn't going to be "Ooh I'm so amazed by how sturdy and solid that table leg is", I'm going to be internally cussing and feeling pain. There isn't anything positive about it, and not being able to see the negative in situations (i.e. the balance of life) isn't a good thing.
but that's not what it is saying, is it? i never saw anyone saying this, that they have to love EVERY little thing? like you stubbed your toe and it hurts and that sucks, but maybe you saw a beautiful sunset ten minutes later and then that is your "casual magic" moment of the day

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.