Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

juliadniwe

I wish I never found out about Ruby threads. I thought that Ruby lives the way she shows us. But she is more like an imaginary character. She was my motivation and even motivated me to go to one of the best Universities in my country (for free). Because of her I started waking up at 6-7 am, enjoying mornings and nature, planning my day, reading books. I though she is real. And now I’m just disappointed and have realised that she has mental and self-esteem issues. And that’s all mostly a lie. She’s not clever or kind at all and doesn’t even a true bookworm. I’m so upset... Sometimes it would be better without knowing truth. Now can’t watch her videos, it seems too unrealistic... what have you done guyssssss (sorry for my English)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68

phantomsbaebe

I had another deep dive into Ruby's videos today and the more I watch her, I find that I have changed my view of her and I almost (and I hate to say this because I believe her to be a really good person at her core) pity her. She is a prisoner of her fear of failure and I cannot imagine how dark her feelings for herself and her place in the world can be if she paralyses her development into full adulthood with her very narrow and childlike view of the world. Yes, see the magic, see the beauty but don't be blinkered. We all need to grow up sometime.

I am nearly twenty years older than Ruby. I have lived a full life with a marriage, children and a whole other way of seeing life and my achievements. I am not academic. I think I could have done well at English actually as I love reading and analysis and I can just about string a sentence together but at the time, I was more interested in my boyfriend who is now my husband and father to our kids. I messed up my A Levels and didn't go to uni. I got a job, drifted into and out of them and then had my children which is an education all on its own. Once my kids were old enough, I decided to change my life and retrained to be a pre-school teacher. I love it and I actually think the path I took has led me here to what I am supposed to be.

What does any of this have to do with Ruby? Well, one of the fundamental things we teach children in pre-school is how to fall. What I mean by that is what do you do if you fall over? You assess the damage, you treat the wound and you learn a lesson. This can be taken literally or figuratively. This can be applied to running into things, learning how to manage your feelings, learning how to mend friendships if you fall out. The only way to learn is to make a mistake and try again until you know how not to fall in the first place.

Perfectionism is the war that occurs when a child fears the fall because shame becomes their teacher instead of the mistake. It is such a terribly self destructive, deeply damaging and pointless pursuit. I absolutely loathe how academia rewards and encourages people like Ruby to be this way. Yes, you'll get top marks and tick all the boxes and probably earn more money as a result but what has it cost you? You cannot live a life dependent on never ever making errors. It is completely unsustainable and unrealistic. To quote the incomparable and unmistakeably wise woman that is Taylor Swift "....if you never bleed, you're never gonna grow...". She's entirely right.

I have made mistakes in my life and I am so grateful I did. I am so glad I was so lazy as an 18 year old who thought she could do no work and pass. That girl was too immature and ignorant to survive university. I'm so glad I drifted from job to job with no purpose because I met so many different people from different backgrounds. I'm so glad I had my babies early because as exhausting as it was, I learned SO much from that. I learned from the inside how parents feel and cope with their lives which is a huge advantage in my job.

I'm rambling but to conclude, mistakes are the most necessary part of life.

You cannot avoid them, so embrace them.

Fall, bleed, grow.

It's alright now.....

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Griftwood

VIP Member
lmao from those notes it looks like she just made the entire thing about herself. I cannot begin to imagine how unimpressed everyone who watched that talk would have been with this, all her peers must think she's an absolute moron...
To put it in Harry Potter terms, she’s the Gilderoy Lockhart of Exeter 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
New thread to start off the week :) Thank you @Princess Peach for the title!

Roobee continues erratic, eats half-slices of toast, imagines it’s October in the middle of the summer, gets called out for lying and has bad mental health days as a result, has quit wasting time on social media (yet somehow is posting more than ever), and wades ankle-deep in the corpses of a decade’s worth of dust bunnies.
I have the current thread title on both Ruby and Jade.....where's my book deal?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54

MGB01

VIP Member
Glad she told us that timers are good for setting timers and she use's her watch to tell the time, I wasn't actually aware time existed before this video. Everyday is a school day

• Haha
Reactions: 54

otravlen

i swear if i see that old ass recycled footage of her sitting at the table with other students i’m going to lose my mind 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Scapier88

VIP Member
Why am i thinking that Blakney and Molly wanted to go alone and Ruby begged her way into going to this Alice in Wonderland exhibition because its 'alice' which of course she loved-
Or Blakeney and molly were already there and all they heard was hello its robeee

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 52

snom4444

1628959443600.png

How many times have we seen this exact shot? I can't think of any particular videos it's shown up in, but the fact that she's going into her final year of university and still reusing this one clip of school says a lot. (It's in the first few seconds of the video). There's also a lot of reused footage with Blakeney and Molly, clips of her studying, and shots of the planner. I really think she put together most of the intro without actually filming anything new.

Because I hate myself and I have too much time on my hands, I'm going to try and sum up the 35 things -
It's divided up into four parts - academic, organisation, lifestyle, and 'fun'.
(Side-note: she repeats the phrase 'do X so you don't have to worry about doing X later' so many times)

Academic - 'because obviously that is probably the most important bit'
1. 'look through your course information and familiarise yourself with the classes you're taking' - make Notion pages, basically
2. 'start doing some pre-reading and actually prepare academically' - do all your work for week 1.
3. 'do at least one piece of critical extra reading' - already making more work for herself. The clip here (1:30) is of her writing 'Empire of Liberty' which I think was one of her modules last year?
4. 'set up your academic planner' - a planner advert, of course.
5. 'set up your folders - if you're going to be using folders. Or Notion, if you're going to be using notion'.
6. 'set goal grades' for each of your subjects and 'make a note of how you can achieve them' - and write them down in your✨academic planner✨ of course. Her goal grades are 75, 75, 72 for modules, and 76 for her dissertation, and the ways she can achieve her goals are literally only 'read widely', 'historical research', and other very specific, targeted, and focused strategies :rolleyes:
7. 'put your key dates in your calendar - deadlines, term dates...'
8. 'look through your notes from last year' - declutter
9. 'back up key documents in a second location in case you lose them' (good shout, I'll give her that)
10. 'familiarise yourself with last years notes' - feat. another reused clip of sixth form (3:39)

Organisation -
11. get rid of any stationery that isn't working - 'obviously you have no use for a pen that doesn't work'
12. make a shopping list to go stationery shopping (with....... stationery, I guess?)
13. clean out your schoolbag from last year
14. wipe out your bag with 'cold water and soap' - this is 'quite nice to do on occasion'
15. pack your bag, and write down what you want to keep in it (pointless busywork, anyone?)
16. pack your pencil case, as above. She says she used to write down a list of stuff in her pencil case and 'every month' she would 'cross-reference' it with the stuff that was actually in her pencil case.
17. 'label things' - school jumpers, pencil cases, etc
18. make a 'school emergency kit of things you might need' - period pads, lipbalm, deodorant, etc. Surely that's just things that are useful to have in your bag in general?
19. 'do some decluttering'
20. 'clean your bedroom thoroughly' - hoover under your bed, she says! Because apparently cleaning is a great way to 'mark in a new mindset'.
21. a 'digital declutter'

Lifestyle -
22. write down some 'easy lunch or dinner ideas' - feat reused footage of tiny portions
23. write down some 'good study snacks' - one of hers is 'mug of peas' (6:51 for anyone who wants to screengrab the whole thing)
24. make sure you have 'dry snacks' in the house that are easy to transport - have a 'designated snack box' for food to eat during the day
25. write down your 'ideal day' - morning and night routines, etc. feat. reused footage from said morning and night routines
26. write down what extracurriculars you want to sign up for
27. write down what you want to 'do and achieve' before the end of term
28. make some playlists on spotify - one study playlist full of classical music, and one motivational playlist
29. plan out five daily outfits so that you don't 'waste time thinking about what to wear' and then write them in Notion holy shit this girl's capacity for inane busywork (list at 9:00 if you want a laugh)

Fun, finally!
30. Read a 'long book you won't have time for during the school year'
31. print some photos to put up in your university room to 'reflect on memories from the summer'
32. 'make a list of the things that make you happy, so you can look over them when you're stressed'
33. make an aesthetic Pinterest board to get 'motivated and excited' about school - 'just really channel that motivation!'
34. 'penultimately, take a day off entirely!' feat. reused footage of twirling in fields
35. spend time with friends and family, make the most of seeing people, etc

This might be the thread's most boring post yet but I got halfway in and then sunk-cost fallacy forced me to see it through, I apologise in advance :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I don't know how to do a screengrab so apologies but I thought that one of the comments on the latest video really summed Ruby up even though it was likely meant as a compliment--

" I subscribed to this beautiful girl in my 10-11grade in high school before final exams. Now I have just graduated from uni with my bachelors degree with honours, going to get married soon, but she is here, hasn't changed for a day, just like 5 years ago :))) "

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

buflesse

Chatty Member
you shouldn't accuse her of things you don't know to be true, even if you suspect them based on past behaviour. Otherwise there is misinformation about her on a publicly accessible forum.
She may have shown poor time management in previous videos, but she did not show "atrocious time management" at all in this video like gossipguy claimed - you can have your suspicions, she could have done so in the past, but like anyone she is "innocent until proven guilty" or it just becomes unfair or could be lying.
Hi Roobee!

• Haha

Scapier88

VIP Member
So I put the new video on after five minutes small human went mommy this lady is boring put paw patrol on

• Haha
  • Heart

influencersmakemewannadie

Thank goodness Ruby reminded me that I must make a list of my favourite snacks before I go back to uni! How would I ever remember that I like monster munch if I don't have it written down?

• Haha

MGB01

VIP Member
just realised she never showed her jacob rees mogg or david cameron book on her bookshelf tour, don't be shy girl share you thoughts on them with the class

• Haha
Reactions: 47

alligatorshades

"I am paying my mortgage completely myself"
Except you're not are you Ruby, because your tenants are paying it for you.

"I wanted to invest my money... house prices do go up"
Bingo.

"It's becoming increasingly difficult for young people to get on the property ladder"
And one of the reasons why is because people like yourself are buying properties that they don't even live in.

"I am moving into my own cottage"
You never moved in Ruby and I'm not sure you ever will.

This video has annoyed me even more than it did when it first went up! She's talking about it like it's a new toy.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Not sure if these have been posted yet but it seems quite a few people have issues with the planner...
F8A3AC66-B1F3-462D-8994-297C314517CE.jpeg

B65184E8-8CE8-4A28-86F2-03D6C0E01B7A.jpeg

FB8B245A-79A7-4C71-880A-E96A18A56EB6.jpeg

BC95A46A-1575-4E3C-961A-04D7D6D48562.jpeg

ECB38C2F-D16E-4A2D-904D-B388242C9847.jpeg

400300AA-B4CA-4028-AD00-81D9AEE97F12.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

Griftwood

VIP Member
This is such a small thing I’m sure, but it happens every single time: she gives a shoutout to some ”friend” and says she’ll link their Etsy shop below. I always check the description when she says that, and I’ve never ONCE found a link to anything, except her standard affiliate and sponsored links. I hope people cotton on to that and stop sending her free stuff, she will gladly take it off your hands but she’s not going to direct anyone your way. Not unless she gets paid.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45