Ruby Granger #15 Dustcore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will admit to having gone through three gel pen refills (take note, Roobee, refills!) in the past four weeks because I did a thing and read through 16 Shakespeare plays, and the way my brain works is that the things I write down by hand have some chance of sticking in my brain and the rest... not so much. However, I’m not necessarily ever going to go back and look at those notes again, because I’m just doing this for fun. If I was a student, I would spare my poor hand and find far more efficient study methods.

Of course if I was doing it Roobee style, I would now go on to rewrite my 70+ pages of notes in rusty dip pen and then write a summary in Notion.
Obviously you'd have written the summaries before reading the plays! And by that, i mean just copy it from the internet and then waste time re-writing them for no reason.

I just saw another video of someone doing a similar "back to school stationary haul" (not Victorian lmao!), but this person actually made a give-away of the items she bought! I find it so odd that Ruby preaches about sustainability and being kind, but she never does this kind of stuff despite the hoards of items she buys/is gifted.

Reactions: 14
All the talk about Ruby's busywork has made me realize I do so much busywork.
Except that I usually retain things better by printing them out, so in a way it does make me more efficient at my job?

Reactions: 1
All the talk about Ruby's busywork has made me realize I do so much busywork.
Except that I usually retain things better by printing them out, so in a way it does make me more efficient at my job?
But do you then type up those printouts in 15 different system, handwrite them in 25 more, paint them in watercolour on dead flowers and etch them into the layers of dirt on your windowsill?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And complaining about how scissors aren't made to be durable is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
First off, I don't know if Ruby has noticed but this is not kindergarten. An adult in uni does not use paper scissors every day. So you should not feel the need to have 'durable' scissors that will endure a lot of use without breaking.
Secondly, how do you even break a pair of scissors? I don't know about you but I've never had to throw away a pair of scissors because they were broken or didn't cut anymore. You're probably going to lose them before you break them.
Thirdly, even if they do break after 5 or 10 years of use like she claims - dear God, it's a pair of scissors. For their average price, I'd say you're getting a decent mileage out of them.

She makes me so angry. She preaches about sustainability while owning entire boxes of stationery she's never used, piles of books she'll never read, and receiving about 50 individual gifts for every occasion.
And you can sharpen scissors. If you don’t use them all day every day this might be needed once a year after 5-10 years. Perfectly fine to use them still.
If you cut lots of different materials it might be clever to invest in different scissors though (fabric/paper for example).

Reactions: 3
Cunning entrepreneur and all-around genius businesswoman Ruby has decided to finally keep up with posting on her Pumpkin Productivity Instagram, long after the marquee product sold out and is not going to be restocked.

But in exciting news, she's expanded the range of products on sale massively:

hh.png

Products like:

Beats headphones.
iPhones.
Lined blank notebooks.
Ballpoint pens.
Highlighters.
The New Yorker.
Walt Whitman books.

Wait, none of those are for sale on her store, you say? Oh. It's just the Master To-Do list? I don't see it. (Squints.) Ohhh. Shouldn't you put the product you're selling front and centre, not completely hide it with other products you don't sell?

This is like advertising the iMac by slapping a Microsoft logo sticker on over the Apple one, and arranging several Dell desktops in front of it on all the promo shots. She's utterly incompetent in everything she does.

Oh, and for the latest video, she's included a shot of her writing with a giant disgusting hair trailing off her pen... Because "second take" sound a bit too much like "second place" for her, so she never does them.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.