Ruby Granger #15 Dustcore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread to start off the week :) Thank you @Princess Peach for the title!

Roobee continues erratic, eats half-slices of toast, imagines it’s October in the middle of the summer, gets called out for lying and has bad mental health days as a result, has quit wasting time on social media (yet somehow is posting more than ever), and wades ankle-deep in the corpses of a decade’s worth of dust bunnies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
New thread to start off the week :) Thank you @Princess Peach for the title!

Roobee continues erratic, eats half-slices of toast, imagines it’s October in the middle of the summer, gets called out for lying and has bad mental health days as a result, has quit wasting time on social media (yet somehow is posting more than ever), and wades ankle-deep in the corpses of a decade’s worth of dust bunnies.
I have the current thread title on both Ruby and Jade.....where's my book deal?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I have the current thread title on both Ruby and Jade.....where's my book deal?😂
I had thread titles on Ruby and Holly a few weeks back! Maybe we can collaborate on a kindness planner, we can include pages for marathon training, meal planning (half a page will do) and ✨casual magic✨

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I had thread titles on Ruby and Holly a few weeks back! Maybe we can collaborate on a kindness planner, we can include pages for marathon training, meal planning (half a page will do) and ✨casual magic✨
Oh yes please, I'll add it to my to-do list....right after I've changed my outfit for the ninth time #gaaahh

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I wish I never found out about Ruby threads. I thought that Ruby lives the way she shows us. But she is more like an imaginary character. She was my motivation and even motivated me to go to one of the best Universities in my country (for free). Because of her I started waking up at 6-7 am, enjoying mornings and nature, planning my day, reading books. I though she is real. And now I’m just disappointed and have realised that she has mental and self-esteem issues. And that’s all mostly a lie. She’s not clever or kind at all and doesn’t even a true bookworm. I’m so upset... Sometimes it would be better without knowing truth. Now can’t watch her videos, it seems too unrealistic... what have you done guyssssss (sorry for my English)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
I wish I never found out about Ruby threads. I thought that Ruby lives the way she shows us. But she is more like an imaginary character. She was my motivation and even motivated me to go to one of the best Universities in my country (for free). Because of her I started waking up at 6-7 am, enjoying mornings and nature, planning my day, reading books. I though she is real. And now I’m just disappointed and have realised that she has mental and self-esteem issues. And that’s all mostly a lie. She’s not clever or kind at all and doesn’t even a true bookworm. I’m so upset... Sometimes it would be better without knowing truth. Now can’t watch her videos, it seems too unrealistic... what have you done guyssssss (sorry for my English)
The disappointment is pretty devastating… but (as I think you’ve realized) you don’t need Ruby to be motivated, or to live authentically. I discovered her in early 2020 and she was one of the people who inspired me when I decided to go back to studying literature during lockdown. I haven’t changed substantially, but I’ve implemented some new habits and made some new goals for myself, and I’m happy with the progress I’m making. I read four Shakespeare plays last week, purely because I want to use my vacation to do a bit of a deep-dive, and while Ruby may have been an early inspiration, she gets none of the credit for where I am now, or where I’m going. I say take the good and discard the bad/questionable/toxic. I still watch some of her videos for inspiration, although it now requires a certain suspension of disbelief and I think of her videos as fiction - maybe a tv show that had a couple of good seasons and has now gone downhill, if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I know what you mean. I'm sure lots of people on this thread started watching Ruby with faith in her, and only started to realise the truth after a while. I second everything @Griftwood has said though, and also want to remind you that all your new good habits, all your achievements, they're down to you, not Ruby! You're the one getting up early, enjoying nature, working hard, and that's something to be hugely proud of! It's not Ruby's influence alone which has made those changes, you couldn't have done it if you didn't really want to and weren't able to in the first place. Especially going to a top university for free, don't put that down to Ruby's influence, put that down to how amazing you are for working hard and being smart + talented enough to get onto the course you're taking! It's definitely tough when you lose a source of motivation or inspiration (I'm sure many of us found that with Ruby), but you will find new ways of motivating yourself, and those good habits you've picked up from watching Ruby aren't going to go anywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I had a similar experience with Ruby, I discovered her videos on Youtube and, as usual, I would just put them on in the background of whatever I was doing. I remember the first of her videos I watched was her weekly schedule video. As someone who had just recently started their second year of uni and their first year of living alone, and who was also doing an internship at the time that occupied a lot of my time, I was struggling a bit to keep up with everything, and I was really impressed with how well she seemed to be doing. It really inspired me to organize my life better. I still think that back then Ruby was way more well-adjusted than she is now, at the time of those pre-Covid uni videos. She was acting like the young woman in university that she is, not like a toddler frolicking about her parents' garden all day.

Reactions: 23
Due to my poor vocabulary I can’t express how it is precious to get your replies! Ruby wasn’t my only motivation but she was really-really inspirational. Well, reality is reality. And you are all right. Thank you for these words, it’s much easier to accept the situation

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I can imagine it’s disappointing but if you’ve got some good out of it, then that’s great 🙂

Also just to stick up for her a little, it’s not a bad thing that she has mental health issues.

While these threads are fun for gossiping, they are just gossip at the end of the day and you can still like aspects of Ruby while not liking other parts. Eg I think Ruby is disorganised and repetitive with her content, but I also think she does study hard (and gets good grades) and I haven’t seen a reason to think she isn’t kind.

Reactions: 19
Grandma style 🤢
Wtf is this smile
View attachment 704911
I have no doubt those clothes are comfy but there's no way I'd take a picture of myself wearing that and posting it on social media calling it an outfit of the day. (Maybe to nip to the cornershop but even then I would think twice about it!)

The green thing she's got on underneath could be nice depending on the cut, I like the colour and it suits her. But that granny cardie. No.

At this point it almost seems she's trying deliberately to make dressing in an unfashionable way a personality trait.

Reactions: 12
I have no doubt those clothes are comfy but there's no way I'd take a picture of myself wearing that and posting it on social media calling it an outfit of the day. (Maybe to nip to the cornershop but even then I would think twice about it!)

The green thing she's got on underneath could be nice depending on the cut, I like the colour and it suits her. But that granny cardie. No.

At this point it almost seems she's trying deliberately to make dressing in an unfashionable way a personality trait.
I think even the cardigan could look alright if she just styled it more like a person her age. Tucking the green top into some high-waisted pants would make a significant difference imo.

Reactions: 14
I can imagine it’s disappointing but if you’ve got some good out of it, then that’s great 🙂

Also just to stick up for her a little, it’s not a bad thing that she has mental health issues.

While these threads are fun for gossiping, they are just gossip at the end of the day and you can still like aspects of Ruby while not liking other parts. Eg I think Ruby is disorganised and repetitive with her content, but I also think she does study hard (and gets good grades) and I haven’t seen a reason to think she isn’t kind.
I do not blame Ruby for having mental health issues, that’s totally ok! The thing is that people see her as perfect example of being in harmony with herself (lots of comments on Yt prove it). And she is an influencer. But she lies to her subscribers and to herself as well. I just wanted to say that there’s nothing perfect, even she is not as perfect as she wants to be. And now it’s just hard to believe her because there are lots of things behind the beautiful picture. And yes, she is a hardworking student, but now I’m not sure that she really enjoys studying as much as she talks about it. I’m not sure that she reads books for pleasure and not for numbers. And that she buys books because she likes them and not because wants beautiful decor in her bedroom. Same goes for kindness. Maybe it’s just for a perfect image (in which she truly believes). Anyway, it’s my problem that I was so naive to utterly believe her and I still think that Ruby isn’t a bad evil person. Just maybe not the one she wants everybody to believe in. And it’s not a good idea to want be like her (but lots of people want because of the influence). Correct me if I wrong

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.