Ruby Granger #11 A book a day will not keep the ignorance away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
wow, i cannot believe she immediately went hunting for independent book shops after we mentioned it on here....she cannot be any more explicit about reading this thread😂

hi ruby👋i used to genuinely admire you when you were younger; now i find you pathetic. i think that you should take some time off the internet while you work through your deep-rooted issues, because i can guarantee that you are actively harming other people every time you post online (you are twenty one years old--you know exactly what you are doing). also, you are embarrassing yourself--how will any potential employer be able to take you seriously after they have watched you frolic (while mispronouncing every second word)?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh dear, she’s probably seen Jack Edwards and Hannah Wooton promoting indie book shop sellers week (which was last week) and now she’s desperate to show she cares *so much* about them. She’s such an imposter, it’s unreal.

Reactions: 9
This story is way too boring to have 32 chapters
There's actually more than 32 since Ruby twice mislabelled her chapters, which shows you the level of proofreading that went on there.
There is a lot of padding with pointless info that doesn't help the story forward. There are also some very small chapters of only a few pages really. She seemed to run out of steam at the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There's actually more than 32 since Ruby twice mislabelled her chapters, which shows you the level of proofreading that went on there.
There is a lot of padding with pointless info that doesn't help the story forward. There are also some very small chapters of only a few pages really. She seemed to run out of steam at the end.
Rubes as she typed "chapter 7200" of her 'manuscript': "Must... hit... arbitrary target I have set for myself"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m not sure that Ruby understands what can happen to you when hospitals get involved with eating disorders… I think she is in for the rudest shock when things like forcible tubing (very painful and traumatising), loss of rights etc. in the end even your parents don’t get a say if you’re out under the act. So many mental health nurses are overworked bullies and they’re not going to care how much money you have or how sheltered a life you’ve had. To be honest, I cannot see ruby coping if it came to this. I feel like I will never be un-traumatised from what became years of hospital admissions. I don’t mean to make the post sound self pitying - I’m out of that cycle now ✌🏽 - I’m merely quite concerned that she has no idea the horrors that await her if she doesn’t turn this around ASAP. I wonder if anyone else has considered how she would cope in such an environment?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
And didn't she go back and upload a revised version of the book to make Erimentha a scholarship student (and thus a poor, deprived underdog) after people criticised it, but changed absolutely nothing else? So she didn't bother proofreading, editing and revising it before publishing. Then she was quick to edit it to make herself look more humble, but didn't take that opportunity to correct the sloppy mess of mistakes riddled throughout. Her lazy incompetence knows no bounds.

Rubes as she typed "chapter 7200" of her 'manuscript': "Must... hit... arbitrary target I have set for myself"
And in Ruby's world, "manuscript" = "single sheet of paper, folded in half."

Reactions: 7
I’m not sure that Ruby understands what can happen to you when hospitals get involved with eating disorders… I think she is in for the rudest shock when things like forcible tubing (very painful and traumatising), loss of rights etc. in the end even your parents don’t get a say if you’re out under the act. So many mental health nurses are overworked bullies and they’re not going to care how much money you have or how sheltered a life you’ve had. To be honest, I cannot see ruby coping if it came to this. I feel like I will never be un-traumatised from what became years of hospital admissions. I don’t mean to make the post sound self pitying - I’m out of that cycle now ✌🏽 - I’m merely quite concerned that she has no idea the horrors that await her if she doesn’t turn this around ASAP. I wonder if anyone else has considered how she would cope in such an environment?
Oh but you know mummy and daddy are going to pay out of pocket for only the gentlest of care for their ✨dainty✨ little ✨genius ✨fairy✨ princess ✨

• Haha
And didn't she go back and upload a revised version of the book to make Erimentha a scholarship student (and thus a poor, deprived underdog) after people criticised it, but changed absolutely nothing else? So she didn't bother proofreading, editing and revising it before publishing. Then she was quick to edit it to make herself look more humble, but didn't take that opportunity to correct the sloppy mess of mistakes riddled throughout. Her lazy incompetence knows no bounds.
She also changed some other things: Erimentha was even nastier/sneerier in the old version if you can believe it. But yep, it seems she didn't fix any errors.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I've just travelled home and the crowd's in Birmingham Town centre are crazy
I can picture Ruby sulking in a tea room in Bath going these football fans are not fitting in with me pretending to be a roman going to the baths one off them said my shield was getting in there way

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Glad you’re doing better, I have a similar background.

Hospitalisation can be traumatic af and I think you’re right, she has no idea how bad it can get. I mean, why should she know? She’s read a few ED books but I doubt they can capture how utterly horrific it can get.

She’s clearly lost weight and she *might* be playing a “game” with herself at how low she can go/ hitting a certain bmi or weight but the ED will step in and she’ll blink and not know what happened.

Even on private non NHS wards she’d be around women of all ages, creeds and temperaments. With drug addictions, personality disorders (often EDs go with other illnesses) and all desperately ill. I can’t picture how she’d cope in that scenario either. If she’s not managing she needs to get help now and save herself the sheer mental and bodily agony...

Reactions: 12
I can picture Ruby sulking in a tea room in Bath going these football fans are not fitting in with me pretending to be a roman going to the baths one off them said my shield was getting in there way
Hahahaah I would love to see how Ruby would respond to football fans at the moment! My flatmate and I were screaming and shouting running around our front room, I guess if Ruby lived with anyone like that it would be counted as bullying right? (Btw it’s coming home!!)

I just don’t get the whole reading whilst brushing teeth thing. You’re supposed to brush for about two minutes so honestly, how much reading is she actually getting done versus trying to balance the book and the toothbrush, losing her place, finding it again and then wiping the toothpastey gunge off the book/Kindle or whatever. I know she’s doing it as part of her ‘can’t waste a moment, 120% productive persona‘ but they’re two such odd things to combine and I can’t believe she’s doing either properly.
I used to read whilst brushing my teeth and I think I did it because I couldn’t bear to be alone with my thoughts for even 2 minutes. I’m starting to think Ruby has the same mindset

Reactions: 14
Hahahaah I would love to see how Ruby would respond to football fans at the moment! My flatmate and I were screaming and shouting running around our front room, I guess if Ruby lived with anyone like that it would be counted as bullying right? (Btw it’s coming home!!)
It was crazy on the train everyone was cheering

Reactions: 3
I have wondered about this and I think part of the problem is that Ruby doesn’t see herself as an adult and perhaps has quite an adolescent view of EDs and their treatment. She’s read a lot of YA lit about it, according to her Goodreads, and the adult novels she’s read about EDs definitely seem to be on the more romanticised ‘pale and fragile women‘ end of the spectrum. I’m not saying that treatment in an adolescent MH/ED unit is a breeze but I think, if that’s what Ruby’s hoping for, she’d be in for a hell of a shock if she ended up getting herself admitted to an adult unit.

It'll be an exact recreation of that time she huffed and sulked because her housemates were having a loud conversation in the evening in their own home but because Ruby wanted to study alone they were expected to be silent.

"Can you believe these uncultured swine? Don't they know I'm trying to soak in the culture of the city?"

This following a trip where, after attending museums and independent bookshops purely for the Instagram photo op, Ruby proceeded to spend most of her day browsing Waterstones and not buying anything.

She then moved on to the nearest coffee shop, where she ordered only a free hot water and used this to make her own tea. She proceeded to take up valuable table space for several hours while ordering nothing further and tipping the staff absolutely nothing.

The beleaguered staff looked on in confusion as she changed seats at the same table at least four times and changed her outfit at least three.

They finally asked her to leave when she started twirling in the aisle, gazing wistfully at a stain on the ceiling and talking to herself in a strange language that resembles English, but contains words that nobody else could fully recognise or understand.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes!!! Mr Bs is one of my favourite bookshops, I get reading spas from them every year from my birthday and they’re always amazing! Would seriously highly recommend to any book lovers in the UK. And there’s a Toppings in St Andrews where I studied and it’s one of my happy places. I graduate this summer (on Thursday I think!!!) and I’m still in St Andrews partially because I want to go to Toppings as many times as possible before I have to leave 😭 Bath is such a wonderful city, but surprise surprise Ruby hasn’t bothered to find that out.
the Toppings in St Andrews is the best place and I love it so much, small world! Wishing you the best for your graduation!!!!!

It's sad how surface-level and performative her interest in most books is, honestly. It seems like she's missing out on so much.

Also, the Erimentha recaps are absolutely giving me life. I cannot understand why she is still publicising the book in the description box of all her current videos - how could she not have realised what an absolute hot mess it is?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I noticed on her most recent Instagram post that there were a few comments from her followers asking her to be honest about her weight loss and if she's struggling with an ED, with even someone saying that her content is too triggering for them to consume anymore and that they're going to be unfollowing her to take care of their own mental health. I wonder if those comments will be deleted by her too just like the ones that were posted on her Yoga video.

I wonder if her eating habits are triggering for Blakeney? I honestly hope not, and I really hope that their house mate relationship / friendship isn't some sort of unhealthy duo where they both bounce off of each others similar struggles and mental health issues. I used to struggle with an ED when I was in my adolescent years, and if I had a housemate like Ruby I think even not coming from a background of disordered eating, it would be really triggering to be around someone like her and eat without guilt.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Also, the Erimentha recaps are absolutely giving me life. I cannot understand why she is still publicising the book in the description box of all her current videos - how could she not have realised what an absolute hot mess it is?
I mean, we could ask the same question about everything she puts out into the world. She doesn't care, so long as she gets money from it.

Previous recaps

Will Erimentha denounce Kimberly? Or Kimberley? Or will she stay silent forever? Will we never again hear about Erimentha's meticulously dated file that forensically logs every instance of Kimberl(e)y's villainry?

Chapter 32
In the end, Erimentha never needs to decide whether to keep her self-imposed promise not to denounce Kimberly. Instead, it turns out that
Kimberly's mum goes snooping in her internet history and finds the Erimentha hate-site that Kimberly made, complete with photo-shopped pictures of Erimentha.

Erimentha's parents are told. They confront Erimentha with the revelations and weirdly have classical music playing in the background while doing so. In a rare instance of modesty, Erimentha tells the reader she is unable to work out whether the string instrument she hears is a cello or a violin. You'll never know now.

Her mum apologizes for making her invite Kimberly over and asks why Erimentha didn't tell her. Erimentha cries but kindly doesn't point out that her mum chose to guilt trip her into inviting her bully over for the sake of relations with a woman she's not even friends with. She tells them she hadn't wanted Ella to learn that her sister Kimberly was a bully.

The headmistress brings them in for a formal meeting. Kimberly (not Kimberley today) is there and has been crying. She has confessed and now apologizes to Erimentha.

After a few more meetings, Erimentha decides to hand over her log of "everything which happened, filed and dated meticulously". The headmistress praises Erimentha and tells her she is "very clever" to have kept it. Erimentha reminisces about how she didn't really want to hand over the file but she told Ella earlier that the headmistress wants evidence (even though Kimberly has confessed), and so Ella then gave her blessing to hand it over.

The headmistress says if Erimentha doesn't feel safe, they will expel Kimberly. Erimentha says she does not want Kimberly to be expelled. The headmistress asks her why, and Erimentha says she thinks Kimberly is truly sorry and won't do it again.

Naturally, the school's headmistress decides to base this important decision solely on Erimentha's judgement. As a result of Erimentha's intercession, Kimberly ends up not expelled but put in solitary confinement the next week and ordered to help in the canteen for the rest of the term. Ella later thanks Erimentha for her kindness. She tells Erimentha that Kimberly is actually a shy and anxious person who struggles to make friends and so would have suffered terribly from expulsion. No doubt Kimberly's future biographers will accord special emphasis to this pivotal moment years later after she is inevitably arrested for a spree of serial killings.

Only the epilogue left now...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I noticed on her most recent Instagram post that there were a few comments from her followers asking her to be honest about her weight loss and if she's struggling with an ED, with even someone saying that her content is too triggering for them to consume anymore and that they're going to be unfollowing her to take care of their own mental health. I wonder if those comments will be deleted by her too just like the ones that were posted on her Yoga video.

I wonder if her eating habits are triggering for Blakeney? I honestly hope not, and I really hope that their house mate relationship / friendship isn't some sort of unhealthy duo where they both bounce off of each others similar struggles and mental health issues. I used to struggle with an ED when I was in my adolescent years, and if I had a housemate like Ruby I think even not coming from a background of disordered eating, it would be really triggering to be around someone like her and eat without guilt.
Does Blakeney have ED issues too? I hadn't realised. I thought it was just Molly. Hope she's doing ok.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.