Ruby Granger #11 A book a day will not keep the ignorance away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
- ruby said she'd move back to Exeter for a month, came back home after just under three weeks: is it because of the Delta variant, because she can't play pretend as a victorian child or because her parents are worried?
- her book reviews are terrible and more of a proof that she didn't read the book rather than she did
- she can't be bothered to spell check and check the pronunciation of words
- she looks more unhealthy each month
- keeps saying she reads tons of book, 2/3 are short books for children, the rest she even admits to not reading fully...

Reactions: 29
Has a maybe pretty unhealthy relationship with her housemate, Blakeney who seems lovely
Still very poor video ideas and video editing
Even when she was in Exeter kinda play acted a Victorian child with purchasing stuff from an antique shop, like a tiny toothbrush jar thing and postcards , and reading kids books
Had a very interesting visit from her YouTuber friend Molly and they had a disgusting looking meal of pikelets and peas or should we say picolays and building a den with a list of rules that included “no adults allowed” when they are women, in their 20s

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I thought it was interesting to compare Ruby and Blakeney's views on the same book. Blakeney sounds fun and like she actually enjoyed and understood the book. Ruby, on the other hand..her review just sound so try-hard, like she's trying to write a personal statement.
Typical of Ruby to call out a long dead author who’s renowned for her cultural impact for not following letter writing rules 😂 Genuinely think that’s how I would sum her up to someone who’s never heard of her

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I thought it was interesting to compare Ruby and Blakeney's views on the same book. Blakeney sounds fun and like she actually enjoyed and understood the book. Ruby, on the other hand..her review just sound so try-hard, like she's trying to write a personal statement.
nooo how is Ruby talking about contemporary letter writing etiquette rules? She’s so twee.

Blakeney’s review is shorter but much more personal. It’s how I’d describe a book to a friend. Ruby sounds like she’s squeezing in an academic lecture.

I mean it’s GoodReads Ruby, it’s not that deep

Typical of Ruby to call out a long dead author who’s renowned for her cultural impact for not following letter writing rules 😂 Genuinely think that’s how I would sum her up to someone who’s never heard of her
maybe I misunderstood the letter writing part 😂

Reactions: 29
Ruby's sounds like you've been tasked with writing a book review in year 8 and you have to mention three literary devices so she's slammed them in, whereas Blakeney's actually gives me a bit more of a sense of what the book is about.

Reactions: 38
Well I know which one of them I would actually like to discuss the book with lol

Reactions: 22
Like the others mentioned, Ruby's sounds like she's desperately trying to reply to hometask prompts by using the vocabulary from the prompts, because she doesn't really understand the terms OR the book. Maybe hasn't read it at all.

Reactions: 12
Yeah like, I'm just gonna criticize every single epistolary novel I read from now on because they didn't include a page with the stamp and the address for each letter lmao
Like it's literature, it doesn't need to follow real-world rules.

Reactions: 19
Yeah like, I'm just gonna criticize every single epistolary novel I read from now on because they didn't include a page with the stamp and the address for each letter lmao
Like it's literature, it doesn't need to follow real-world rules.
Yeah, like sometimes the whole POINT of literature is not following society's rules, to let people now how you want the world to move forward and all that. A safe place to express opinions that otherwise weren't tolerated. Of course that goes over Ruby's head as well.

Reactions: 13
Blakeney’s reviews always make her come across like a normal person who’s had her own thoughts and feelings about a book. Ruby’s reviews are always highly performative - she’s obviously conscious that she has lots of followers who will be reading her reviews. I would much rather she treat it like a personal diary, just recording how she felt, rather than worrying about what others will think. Especially given what she does write makes her look an idiot 🤦‍♀️

It looks like Blakeney just read a bunch of the same things Ruby just read - I hope she hasn’t got Stockholm Syndrome. Shout if you need help Blakeney!! Codeword pikelet!

I will include a special mention of the start of her review of Howards End, which is not only genuinely amusing, but sounds like something we would say about Ruby.
8D007DEC-57E7-45E4-A81E-7DBD4C326053.jpeg

I am once again left wondering how these two are friends.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Funny how she had to make sure to mention that she already read it at the tender age of thirteen to remind everyone what a mature, progressive prodigy she was.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Re. The music playing at the start of her new video (again shes not at University!!! shes just staying in Exeter, wish she'd stop putting that in every single title), dunno what that music is called but she puts it in everything and its so out of place 😭😭😭 Ruby stop pleaseeeee

• Haha
Reactions: 17
so Ruby took a picture of every single meal they've had... that doesn't look healthy/normal to me, considering her meals are not exceptional, it feels more like a tracker/ to control her habits...

also said she reflected on veganism - whilst having honey tea?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My crystal ball worked again i said she had only gone back to pack up the house

Reactions: 6
My crystal ball worked again i said she had only gone back to pack up the house
She did say she was going to be staying for a month and only ended up staying two weeks, so either she’s as bad at ’rithmetic as she is at the other two R’s, or something came up and she ended her stay sooner than she had meant to. Of course packing up the house was part of the reason, I don’t think anyone doubted that.

She’s decided her dissertation topic! Here’s hoping she’ll share 😁

Reactions: 9
1B6819E3-EF28-4825-AF1A-504F6597FB34.png

i’m sorry but this frame made me laugh 🥲
(yes i’m immensely immature, sorry😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.