Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, something just occurred to me - notice how she never talks about having a period, shaving her leg hair, dealing with PMS? Are we supposed to imagine that she's a pure Victorian child who doesn't have those or is it her choice not to include them in her videos?

Reactions: 16
the 47293 children’s books and cereal boxes I read in 2020
i don't want to steal your genius idea but please note this down somewhere and bring it up again as a thread title when we're on page 40

Reactions: 29
Even when she is focussing on them it seems to only be for an hour - hour and a half at a time which confused me slightly, I was an editorial assistant for an academic journal during uni and the expectation for both myself and from them was that I’d be doing like two full days a week kind of thing, and was the same even when I was working remotely
What is she doing for this internship again? Haven't watched her latest content in a while tbh
The internship I was doing for my degree in 2019 was 20 hours a week for 6 months and there weren't any less demanding opportunities.

Reactions: 1
What is she doing for this internship again? Haven't watched her latest content in a while tbh
The internship I was doing for my degree in 2019 was 20 hours a week for 6 months and there weren't any less demanding opportunities.
She’s transcribing some letters IIRC

Reactions: 4
Hey, something just occurred to me - notice how she never talks about having a period, shaving her leg hair, dealing with PMS? Are we supposed to imagine that she's a pure Victorian child who doesn't have those or is it her choice not to include them in her videos?
In Ruby's defence, she may not be comfortable about talking about periods etc - which is fine, not everyone wants to be open about that kind of stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
She needs to freaking post already, I’m currently watching a documentary on haggis 🙄 (yeah I could read a book but I’ve had a bev or two, what of it)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
If she doesn’t start posting again soon I’m worried we’re going to start talking about daddy bones again :ROFLMAO: :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
If she doesn’t start posting again soon I’m worried we’re going to start talking about daddy bones again :ROFLMAO: :sick:
I feel like I’m going to spend the rest of my life atoning for having come up with this moniker 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Please, no more talk about Daddy Bones. Erimentha would not approve!

Previous recaps

Chapter 29
Very short chapter. After discovering that it was Kimberly in the Pantry with the Sack of Undulating Flour, Ella has now finally realized the terrible truth: her older sister is also Erimentha's "mystery bully"! She doesn't say anything for the rest of the bonding day. Erimentha believes Ella is siding with Kimberly, and so she has lost her only friend. There's no mention of the friend Erimentha made a fake volcano with. She's been missing in action since the first few chapters, along with Erimentha's sense of modesty, and any sign of a plot in this book.

Chapter 30
  • Erimentha considers calling in sick but goes to school. Ella reassures her that she still wants to be friends. She has confronted Kimberly privately about it all. Kimberly is sorry, and Ella thinks it is genuine and that she really does feel ashamed about her dabbles in psychopathy.
  • Erimentha tells Ella that now it's all over, she's happy to forget about it and put it all behind her. She promises she won't go to a teacher about it. Once Ella is gone, Erimentha thinks about how unfair it is that Kimberly will never be punished for what she's done.
  • Later on, Kimberly intervenes to defend Erimentha from another of their "peers" teasing her. Erimentha does not feel relieved but empty, "like a felt tip pen which has been used so harshly that all of its ink has been lost."
Chapter 31
Erimentha tells Ella that Kimberly is a changed person and has behaved all week. Ella is overjoyed. Erimentha is still thinking about how unfair it is that Kimberly will never be punished. She reminds herself of her pastor's sermon about turning the other cheek but finds it hard. Still, she promises Ella that she will never never ever tell and get Kimberly into trouble...

• Haha

Previous recaps

Chapter 29
Very short chapter. After discovering that it was Kimberly in the Pantry with the Sack of Undulating Flour, Ella has now finally realized the terrible truth: her older sister is also Erimentha's "mystery bully"! She doesn't say anything for the rest of the bonding day. Erimentha believes Ella is siding with Kimberly, and so she has lost her only friend. There's no mention of the friend Erimentha made a fake volcano with. She's been missing in action since the first few chapters, along with Erimentha's sense of modesty, and any sign of a plot in this book.

Chapter 30
  • Erimentha considers calling in sick but goes to school. Ella reassures her that she still wants to be friends. She has confronted Kimberly privately about it all. Kimberly is sorry, and Ella thinks it is genuine and that she really does feel ashamed about her dabbles in psychopathy.
  • Erimentha tells Ella that now it's all over, she's happy to forget about it and put it all behind her. She promises she won't go to a teacher about it. Once Ella is gone, Erimentha thinks about how unfair it is that Kimberly will never be punished for what she's done.
  • Later on, Kimberly intervenes to defend Erimentha from another of their "peers" teasing her. Erimentha does not feel relieved but empty, "like a felt tip pen which has been used so harshly that all of its ink has been lost."
Chapter 31
Erimentha tells Ella that Kimberly is a changed person and has behaved all week. Ella is overjoyed. Erimentha is still thinking about how unfair it is that Kimberly will never be punished. She reminds herself of her pastor's sermon about turning the other cheek but finds it hard. Still, she promises Ella that she will never never ever tell and get Kimberly into trouble...
For once I agree with Erimentha!!

Reactions: 3

Previous recaps

Chapter 29

Chapter 30
Chapter 31
How long is this book?? And does anything at all happen in it? Like does it have a plot or anything similar to it? Lmao

I feel like I’m going to spend the rest of my life atoning for having come up with this moniker 😬
The fact that their surname is Bones somehow makes it sound even dirtier lmao thanks I hate it

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I honestly see him more as Uncle Bones! The somewhat cool uncle at a first glance who later tries to convince you to vote tory 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So from what I gather Ruby has just stopped organising the Zoom calls without telling anyone? Not very organised of her
The admins also don’t have any way of contacting her personally and don’t feel it’s their place to organize it (I agree, that’s her job).

I guess Roobee likes the clicks and the attention but REALLY doesn’t like interacting with ”fans” (pretty sure that’s how she perceives her followers) if she can’t even delegate what she clearly isn’t organized enough to do herself.

Reactions: 14
The admins also don’t have any way of contacting her personally and don’t feel it’s their place to organize it (I agree, that’s her job).

I guess Roobee likes the clicks and the attention but REALLY doesn’t like interacting with ”fans” (pretty sure that’s how she perceives her followers) if she can’t even delegate what she clearly isn’t organized enough to do herself.
She should wind that group down so people aren’t left waiting, then. It’s unfair on the fans. I wonder if she feels intimidated academically by the fans. Has anyone been part of the zoom calls, what’s the discussion been like?

Reactions: 7
She should wind that group down so people aren’t left waiting, then. It’s unfair on the fans. I wonder if she feels intimidated academically by the fans. Has anyone been part of the zoom calls, what’s the discussion been like?
I agree, the group is clearly full of a lot of people who are really interested in being part of a book club and she just doesn’t give a duck. Maybe during summer when she has more time she can put a bit more effort in.
The zoom calls aren’t bad tbh, I went on one and the discussion flowed nicely but it was quite obvious that Ruby hadn’t really read the book properly haha

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.