Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Started a thread as couldn't find one.

I follow Roxy from time to time, found initially for hair tutorials but she seems to have moved onto Insta travel content too.

I saw this picture today and I am convinced the swing, and her hands and back have been photoshopped? Roxy and the swing seem to be superimposed onto the background? Thoughts?

Edited to add: lots in the comments agree with this view. I'm all for adding a brightening filter or upping contrast but I can't believe influencers are still photoshopping like this!

Reactions: 3

Yel

Chatty Member
It looks fake and those swings are usually all lined up on a hill side road, not near a waterfall.

Bali is one of the worst places in SE imo. Namaste is a real trigger word in Bali, people get so pissed off by the vapid tourists in Ubud.

Reactions: 3

suprnatural

so the photoshopped pics were part of a 'i faked going to bali' video, should have guessed!

Reactions: 2

BinglyBong

VIP Member
Im sad this thread isn’t as active as some others as, while I don’t think she’s exactly problematic, she’s just so irritating and I need people to share that with lmao. Her latest video just wasn’t it.
I cannot stand her. Her voice is annoying, shes fake, her make up is terrible, she has dodgy lipstick and just everything about her is cringeworthy

Casperron

VIP Member
Is it just me who thinks she looks half dead
Literally she is so pale and her hair colour doesn’t suit her
She looks tired

yoyosupker

I commented on her Instagram post which is a nasty gal ad asking if she supports fast fashion and she blocked me 😂
This!! Really grates on me, as I actually quite like her and enjoy her videos, also love the fact she’s vegan also, but really bothers me that she’s always doing fast fashion (especially wish) hauls!

Meena.styles

Has anyone seen her doja cat x pretty little thing review? I felt she was very sloppy with the fact that she had no clue how to wear the outfits. If your going to review something you should do your research and know how to wear the clothes. Its a useless review otherwise. She said she already sent the clothing back clearly she wanted her money back so couldn't re film. Her videos are just becoming sloppy with not much effort. Thought she seemed alright but after reading this thread aswell feel I will unsub. She seems fake and doesnt put the effort in that she should with videos. Literally getting paid to do nothing !

M.fairy

Chatty Member
I understand going for the funeral for sure.

I just don't think they should be going out for days out in the city. Especially vlogging when it's not actually still safe to do so when the infection rates are still high
It litterally takes 19+ hours to drive to Poland so of course she’s going to have to stop off somewhere. Infection rate in Germany is very low, and everything is open. If it wasn’t safe things wouldn’t be open. Germany and Uk are too different countries. She’s not breaking any rules.

Has anybody else checked her Youtube channel recently?
I stopped watching her for ages... her and Matt finally got married (in Switzerland) are now building a new house. I am quite pissed off about the old one.
They bought the last house like 6 or 7 years ago and renovated numerous rooms to be all modern, which now looks shithouse in comparison with the rest of the house (in my opinion) and only completed it last year (I assume that is why they did the renovating), before moving again. I am curious to know if anybody else thought it looked bad.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Matt seems like such a wet blanket. He gives me weird vibes. I find roxi comes across as quite fake, in a forced happy sort of way. I haven't watched any of her videos in a while as I've grown a bit tired of her content. Has anyone ever bought anything of her website?

The weird ass candles they’re buying and re-selling?
It’s like one step up from a market stall.
I do find Matt a bit uncomfortable to watch because HE’S so uncomfortable, they both are, they seem jumpy and like they’re hosting a breakfast morning show together trying to remember what to say without having to read the autocorrect
It’s so forced when they’re sitting together “chatting”
I stopped watching when they used to go out on those hover board things just for the camera shots 🤦‍♀️ and the camera makes me feel sick if I’m actually watching and not just listening.
I watched the proposal video but, I hate saying this, underwhelming 😐

justapossum

Hello, I am new here. Had to create an account just so I could post on this thread.. I am surprised there aren't more comments here!
Roxy was one of the first youtubers I started watching, and I liked her at the beginning... then I bought some Loreal make up that she *highly* recommended and it was the worst product I have ever purchased. Then I realised she worked with Loreal and her opinions were all fake. A lot of people in the comments also called her out on it, when she did a video promoting Loreal's collaboration with some famous girl (can't remember the name - this was years ago), the products were bad and overpriced and a lot of people said they wished she had been honest about them, but it was painfully obvious she was so biased.
Also, petty thing - her voice drives me insane. It's like she's always shouting.

suprnatural

Agree re the photoshopping of the picture, especially around her hands as you mentioned.

I quite like Roxi but her now-fiancé gives me weird vibes. Not overly keen on him.

I watched their engagement vlog and had to fast forward through most of it because of the editing and the vast quantities of drone footage. It's down to personal preference I guess but I like raw vlogs, just camera in hand doing their business not mini wannabe James Bond movies.
Probably going to unsubscribe from the vlogs channel.

justapossum

I know what you mean, the girls sit right on her stomach. She needs to shorten the straps lol
I mean, I'm all for saying "down with the patriarchy, burn all bras" ... but she's wearing them... just, badly.😂
Yes! It's like she's wearing old granny bras!

• Haha

Wednesday Addams

I can't stand her, oh my god. She seems so fake with her always present smile. I don't believe people who always smile.

Victoria sponge cake

Chatty Member
Roxi needs to chill out getting mad at people commenting that she faked the picture, her original post on insta was completely random so of course people are going to think she’s doing yet another “I faked this and my subscribers believed me” video. Hers and Matts replies to people on insta have sounded so bitchy. Like why not just say you’ve gone home for an emergency/ essential trip in the first place?

Attachments