Rosie Londoner #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The cynic in me thinks that she doesn’t post Lily’s face because Lily is the spitting image of PJ and isn’t as ‘blogger cute’ or on brand for her as some of the other influencer’s kids out there. I’m not sure that it has anything to do with privacy for her kid, after all Lily has a ginormous digital footprint already for a two year, including having her full name plastered out there and details of her every waking move since birth.

Also that was a short af trip to see Julia.

Reactions: 10
The cynic in me thinks that she doesn’t post Lily’s face because Lily is the spitting image of PJ and isn’t as ‘blogger cute’ or on brand for her as some of the other influencer’s kids out there. I’m not sure that it has anything to do with privacy for her kid, after all Lily has a ginormous digital footprint already for a two year, including having her full name plastered out there and details of her every waking move since birth.

Also that was a short af trip to see Julia.
I don't think that's true. Every mother thinks her kid is the cutest ever, so it won't be the reason. More of a concern for privacy coming from PJ's side.

Julia's kid wasn't certainly the 'cute' blogger material when she was born, but that didn't stop her from exploiting her online. When she grows older she will be able to read all the things written about her online, because her mother chose to make her life a public discussion topic.

Reactions: 4
I like that she's not showing her daughter's face... yes, I may know her name and all that but if I saw that kid around I'd have no idea who she is and that is the point of it.

Reactions: 5
I like that she's not showing her daughter's face... yes, I may know her name and all that but if I saw that kid around I'd have no idea who she is and that is the point of it.
She used to show her daughters face - there are pictures of her from last year where you can see her clearly. Eg one where they are both wearing red coats & standing beside a pillar box

She used to show her daughters face - there are pictures of her from last year where you can see her clearly. Eg one where they are both wearing red coats & standing beside a pillar box
I think quite a few influencers now do show children’s faces as babies or young toddlers but then stop when they develop their features and are more likely to be recognisable.
I notice Rosie has stopped showing Lily’s face which I think is good. It’s terribly how much Julia is exposing her little girl and she’s got 1.2 million followers. I have no idea how these people sleep at night. I’d be totally paranoid.

Reactions: 9
Is the guy lifting up her daughter in the latest grid post PJ or Thomas? Looks a bit slim to be PJ unless he’s had the old photoshop treatment 😂

Reactions: 1
I think quite a few influencers now do show children’s faces as babies or young toddlers but then stop when they develop their features and are more likely to be recognisable.
I notice Rosie has stopped showing Lily’s face which I think is good. It’s terribly how much Julia is exposing her little girl and she’s got 1.2 million followers. I have no idea how these people sleep at night. I’d be totally paranoid.
I agree, I think it's fine when they're babies or very young as they change so much. But what Julia is doing is plain wrong, especially since her brand is about feminine fashion, not kids fashion. The constant oversharing of the child's pictures is more suited for her family circles, not a business Instagram account. I wonder when all these new generation Instagram kids grow up, how would they feel about their image plastered all over the media and not having any say about it.

Reactions: 8
Agree regarding Julia, the address of her house has been well documented before and little Clementine is plastered all over her insta. I would feel very nervous about that.

Rosie seems more careful with location sharing but I personally don’t really know why she bothers not to show Lily’s face, she’s shown enough of her previously plus plenty of profile shots that it’s very easy to know what she looks like. I’d certainly recognise her.

Reactions: 2
I agree, I think it's fine when they're babies or very young as they change so much. But what Julia is doing is plain wrong, especially since her brand is about feminine fashion, not kids fashion. The constant oversharing of the child's pictures is more suited for her family circles, not a business Instagram account. I wonder when all these new generation Instagram kids grow up, how would they feel about their image plastered all over the media and not having any say about it.
Plus Julia talked about not wanting to show their daughter on SM before Clementine was born! I remember her GOMI thread discussing this when she first started showing Clem lots. I wish she had stuck to her plan.

Reactions: 1
Plus Julia talked about not wanting to show their daughter on SM before Clementine was born! I remember her GOMI thread discussing this when she first started showing Clem lots. I wish she had stuck to her plan.
I think she wanted to share one or two, and then quickly realized how much more engagement she gets out of her. After that, it's really hard to go back. What's even sadder is the fact that they most likely don't even need the money, they could comfortably live on the income they have without sacrificing the privacy of their kids.
Somewhat related, but barefoot blonde had a major meltdown a few weeks ago about people discussing the development of her kids (or the lack of it) and their appearance on gomi. It is very naive to think you can plaster your kids all over the internet and they will be immune to mean comments.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think she wanted to share one or two, and then quickly realized how much more engagement she gets out of her. After that, it's really hard to go back. What's even sadder is the fact that they most likely don't even need the money, they could comfortably live on the income they have without sacrificing the privacy of their kids.
Somewhat related, but barefoot blonde had a major meltdown a few weeks ago about people discussing the development of her kids (or the lack of it) and their appearance on gomi. It is very naive to think you can plaster your kids all over the internet and they will be immune to mean comments.
I think all of these people are just addicted to the attention and validation, it is not even about money. I would say I respect Rosie for not letting her daughter to be photographed but I bet it is her husband who has insisted, if she could she would be doing the same as julia, imo anyway

Reactions: 10
I actually feel a bit sorry for our Rose, Julia appears to have completely edited her from her life despite being with her. She’s always given me mean girl vibes (let’s not even start on Rose and karma and her general bonkers) but not one picture. Although maybe they don’t fit the grid?

Reactions: 6
I actually feel a bit sorry for our Rose, Julia appears to have completely edited her from her life despite being with her. She’s always given me mean girl vibes (let’s not even start on Rose and karma and her general bonkers) but not one picture. Although maybe they don’t fit the grid?
I think she didn't show her in stories almost at all?

I guess the censoring of a husband and a child makes it rather challenging to take a video or photo when they're always together. The grid post will certainly come when they had a chance to pose properly for the gram in coordinating outfits. Julia is obsessively strict about her brand presentation and not one color will be out of place when she posts something 😅, who cares about friendship, gotta stay true to the grid layout.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So Julia's posted about a billion stories of Blackberry farm, of the idyllic time she's having with her daughter and husband... and nothing about Rose. We know from Rose's story they're doing the same things including eating the same lunch. If Rose hadn't mentioned she was there with Julia, we wouldn't know. Quite sad.

Reactions: 12
It is pretty sad, here she is painting an idyllic getaway with friends but there’s crickets on the other side. It’s always been this way with their friendship, very one sided. As much as Rosie harps on about being best friends, she goes weeks and days with barely a photo or story and suddenly she is with Julia and it’s all posed pictures with carefully curated outfits and landscapes. It absolutely feels like she uses Julia’s platform to boost her own.

So Julia's posted about a billion stories of Blackberry farm, of the idyllic time she's having with her daughter and husband... and nothing about Rose. We know from Rose's story they're doing the same things including eating the same lunch. If Rose hadn't mentioned she was there with Julia, we wouldn't know. Quite sad.
Gosh just seen Rose’s reel. I wonder what that friendship is really like, off camera. Julia is more then happy to tag Gadabout woman but not Rosie. So strange.

Which does make me think that Rosie is forcing this friendship and Julia is just guilt tripped so is going along with it.

I mean I don’t know. Maybe they have this amazing friendship but somehow it doesn’t seem that way despite the idyllic reel.

Reactions: 2
That reel was so stagged and sad. Especially since the only person excited in it is Rose, Julia looks like she doesn't give a damn and is just following Rose's direction. Watching the back of their heads as they stare at the forest, while Rose giggles like a little girl about the invisible squirrels.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.