Rosie Londoner #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought she chose this lifestyle of travel, money and celebrity acquaintances to thumb her nose at the ex and other meany girls throughout her life. Hollywood is a viper's pit, she's probably alone most of the time - even if she had a nanny to mind the child what would she do with herself? (drink) If they buy a house near Mummy, she'll have family around but nothing to make her followers envious. This is a case of Be Careful What You Wish For.

IMDB has the film in post production til April 2022. Someone has very recently snuck in to add that PJ is a producer on the Enzo Ferrari film. Hmm. haha
Oh she will find a way to reinvent herself like she always does. She will portray the perfect village life with her new range rover, dogs, hunting trips etc. She can finally have her own AGA and film herself drinking tea while lecturing others on the proper way to be British.
Be careful what you wish for is exactly what's happening here.

Reactions: 6
Oh she will find a way to reinvent herself like she always does. She will portray the perfect village life with her new range rover, dogs, hunting trips etc. She can finally have her own AGA and film herself drinking tea while lecturing others on the proper way to be British.
Be careful what you wish for is exactly what's happening here.
Yes, this. There will be plenty of pub visits and village fêtes.

Reactions: 3
Cricket and picnics in the orchard
Baking lemon drizzle and serving it on blue and white crockery and nice cup of tea mmm 😋 whilst rain is lashing outside. We might even get a voiceover in her totally British accent! And Americans all going… Omg I love England. Can we have a recipe and how do you make an Earl grey? 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Baking lemon drizzle and serving it on blue and white crockery and nice cup of tea mmm 😋 whilst rain is lashing outside. We might even get a voiceover in her totally British accent! And Americans all going… Omg I love England. Can we have a recipe and how do you make an Earl grey? 😴
while continuing with the americanisms and american spellings :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
Sorry to disagree. Americans like me think she is a play acting, snobby, ridiculous stereotype of a modern British woman. We appreciate her country in spite of “ Rosie the Londoner”.

Reactions: 8
Isn't it about time she bought a new domain?
The Londoner brand is a bit of a joke - it might have been great at the beginning when she actually offered tips for restaurants etc, but that's ages ago.
I think she will follow the suit of Julia, and get herself a domain with her own name - as soon as she relocates back and moves into her new 'forever' home. In her case though, nobody will EVER know how to spell the new name and its completely unusable as email address :oops:
If she's smart she would pay some branding agency to help her with the transition, although I doubt she is willing to spend money on it when she's raking it in anyway.

Reactions: 7
I think this is part her problem: that she has an ‘if it’s not broke then why fix it?’ mentality, when actually it’s failing to evolve which has held her back and why unlike others who started in the social media space at the same time she doesn’t have the collaborations, books, or even that many ads.

Even her follower numbers seem to have stayed relatively stagnant over the years (and to be honest I query how many of these and her ‘likes’ are genuine, but that could be me just being suspicious when it comes to social media!)

Reactions: 10
I think this is part her problem: that she has an ‘if it’s not broke then why fix it?’ mentality, when actually it’s failing to evolve which has held her back and why unlike others who started in the social media space at the same time she doesn’t have the collaborations, books, or even that many ads.

Even her follower numbers seem to have stayed relatively stagnant over the years (and to be honest I query how many of these and her ‘likes’ are genuine, but that could be me just being suspicious when it comes to social media!)
That's true. She puts minimum effort into everything she does, and why shouldn't she. She gets paid anyway.
She has a large audience and has been doing this for many years, yet she has ZERO to show for it (apart from her bank balance).
She would like everyone to think that she doesn't need the money or is not dependent on this income.

She'll fly over London and type her usual "Oh London how I've missed ye!". Then she Mummy will make a roast, romp with Custard, and sit by the fire claiming to be finally content. Her brother and new wife will visit, but she won't show them because it takes attention away from her.

After a few days of silence, she'll make a feeble attempt at pretending to be happy back in old Blighty. A visit to an Olde Antique Shoppe for some more blue and white plates, a luncheon with Mummy somewhere dull with lashings of tea and buttery scones.

Her seasonal depression will kick in resulting in either total silence or a visit to Greece (with her mother). A possible visit from the husband will result in being sick under a garden tree for months and... voila! New bambino and hopefully many more to follow, so she can finally be happy with everyone playing in the garden while she sunbathes. And drinks rosé.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sorry to disagree. Americans like me think she is a play acting, snobby, ridiculous stereotype of a modern British woman. We appreciate her country in spite of “ Rosie the Londoner”.
I’m not saying all Americans but I have actually lived in Notting Hill for years, way before Notting Hill came out and then after the film was released there was an influx of Americans in the area. Plenty who absolutely fall for all the cliches and think Brits are like characters from Notting Hilll and Holiday. So Rosie caters perfect for those types.

Another example of that is a Instagramer who is American, has moved to Notting Hill. She does all the cliches constantly. It’s absolutely nauseating. Goes on and on about Royals, British tea, the weather. List goes on…

Reactions: 9
She'll fly over London and type her usual "Oh London how I've missed ye!". Then she Mummy will make a roast, romp with Custard, and sit by the fire claiming to be finally content. Her brother and new wife will visit, but she won't show them because it takes attention away from her.

After a few days of silence, she'll make a feeble attempt at pretending to be happy back in old Blighty. A visit to an Olde Antique Shoppe for some more blue and white plates, a luncheon with Mummy somewhere dull with lashings of tea and buttery scones.

Her seasonal depression will kick in resulting in either total silence or a visit to Greece (with her mother). A possible visit from the husband will result in being sick under a garden tree for months and... voila! New bambino and hopefully many more to follow, so she can finally be happy with everyone playing in the garden while she sunbathes. And drinks rosé.
This is too funny!! Well said.

I’m not saying all Americans but I have actually lived in Notting Hill for years, way before Notting Hill came out and then after the film was released there was an influx of Americans in the area. Plenty who absolutely fall for all the cliches and think Brits are like characters from Notting Hilll and Holiday. So Rosie caters perfect for those types.

Another example of that is a Instagramer who is American, has moved to Notting Hill. She does all the cliches constantly. It’s absolutely nauseating. Goes on and on about Royals, British tea, the weather. List goes on…
No worries….I agree some Americans dig the accent and scone recipes.

Maybe that’s why she’s buying so much crockery on a theme?!

I know we’re lamenting the fact she’s too lazy to have her own lines and ranges, but CAN U IMAGINE Rose T-v-S British homeware?! I’m from the pottery capital of the world and, I swear, if she so much as SNIFFS around here!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Maybe that’s why she’s buying so much crockery on a theme?!

I know we’re lamenting the fact she’s too lazy to have her own lines and ranges, but CAN U IMAGINE Rose T-v-S British homeware?! I’m from the pottery capital of the world and, I swear, if she so much as SNIFFS around here!
She is not going to do anything like that, too lazy.
She does see herself as some sort of domestic Goddes, so it wouldn't surprise me if she was thinking of doing a book of all the stolen recipes she's used over the years, including the famous scandal of slutty brownies.

can we make a bingo card and see how quickly we can tick these off? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She is not going to do anything like that, too lazy.
She does see herself as some sort of domestic Goddes, so it wouldn't surprise me if she was thinking of doing a book of all the stolen recipes she's used over the years, including the famous scandal of slutty brownies.
I can imagine her doing a RosiexDunoon limited run collaboration, or something (oooor maybe being an over-inflated brand ambassador for someone, like Sam and Nic Chapman [Pixiwoo] were for RealTechnique brushes) and passing it off as her own collection. It would echo the mis-portrayal of the ownership of the new LA house and her penchant for being fuzzy on the details (a la slutty brownies) perfectly!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.