Rosie Connolly Quinn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She blocked me years ago because I asked her about her Aluxe sunglasses being from AliExpress 🤣🤣🤣

I genuinely hope it's just a cyst she has. It's a bloody terrible fight to get. I had to have a mammogram a couple of years ago as I found a lump. GP one day, James's the next getting the mammogram. Scary as hell. Mine was just a cyst. It comes and goes all the time since.

Reactions: 2
Ok if she wants to highlight breast checks / speak about a scare. But it’s a bit dramatic coming on when she hasn’t even had her test results yet. The flowers, prayers etc. is a bit much in my opinion. Hopefully it’ll be a false alarm but this is just like Terrie’s drama a couple of years ago over a “cancer scare” which turned out to be something minor and the actual dramatics and attention seeking was an insult to anyone actually going through cancer

Reactions: 23
I’ll get killed for saying this but Georgie Crawford has a way of making everyone else’s cancer scare/journey about herself and even in her podcasts it always comes back to ‘ when I got sick’ when she is meant to be interviewing others... I get it, it was life changing but Jesus almighty her whole live revolves around it

Reactions: 23
I’ll get killed for saying this but Georgie Crawford has a way of making everyone else’s cancer scare/journey about herself and even in her podcasts it always comes back to ‘ when I got sick’ when she is meant to be interviewing others... I get it, it was life changing but Jesus almighty her whole live revolves around it
I agree. Georgie has already milked her situation To further her profile and career between the SoSu collab, the podcast etc. We get it!
Compared to the likes of Shannen who is going through treatment for third time and is just getting on with it.

I have no doubt this scare of Rosie’s will just be a scare. Hence why these dramatics and overreactions boil my blood. What was the urgency in sharing to her following until she had the actual results back. I wouldn’t even want my family worrying needlessly never mind broadcasting it to the nation

Reactions: 6
I was surprised to hear her say she's too young for a mammogram, I had one when I was 25
I found lumps at 30 and I was given the ultrasound instead of a mammogram so think if you’re under 35 they use ultrasound rather than mammogram to investigate/diagnose

I have no doubt this scare of Rosie’s will just be a scare. Hence why these dramatics and overreactions boil my blood. What was the urgency in sharing to her following until she had the actual results back. I wouldn’t even want my family worrying needlessly never mind broadcasting it to the nation
I dont think that's fair. If she made one person go to the doc with a lump then it's job done for her. I think she did right to highlight it.

Reactions: 19
I dont think that's fair. If she made one person go to the doc with a lump then it's job done for her. I think she did right to highlight it.
I think you’re missing my point. It’s not the fact she has shared that she had a scare/promoted self checking at all... it’s the dramatics of sharing when she doesn’t even know what’s what - it’s provoking flowers and prayers and all the insta huns sharing = publicity and sympathy for Rosie. Having a scare is stressful for anyone of course but people are carrying on like she already has cancer and there’s a big difference between having a scare and actually having cancer. She doesn’t even know the results herself she said but in her sisters post that she reshared it said “her little scare” 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Me too, her talking about it might be the push some one needs to go to thier GP.

Reactions: 5
I agree. Georgie has already milked her situation To further her profile and career between the SoSu collab, the podcast etc. We get it!
Compared to the likes of Shannen who is going through treatment for third time and is just getting on with it.

But, you dont know that it'll just be a scare especially given her family history. She might have encouraged someone to go to the doctor when they were thinking "ah its probably just a cyst", the fact that she is sharing this journey might help even just one person

Reactions: 3
But, you dont know that it'll just be a scare especially given her family history. She might have encouraged someone to go to the doctor when they were thinking "ah its probably just a cyst", the fact that she is sharing this journey might help even just one person
Again missing my point

I think you’re missing my point. It’s not the fact she has shared that she had a scare/promoted self checking at all... it’s the dramatics of sharing when she doesn’t even know what’s what - it’s provoking flowers and prayers and all the insta huns sharing = publicity and sympathy for Rosie. Having a scare is stressful for anyone of course but people are carrying on like she already has cancer and there’s a big difference between having a scare and actually having cancer. She doesn’t even know the results herself she said but in her sisters post that she reshared it said “her little scare” 🤷🏻‍♀️
While I get to an extent where you’re coming from I think sometimes it’s important to share scenarios when you’re actually going through it as opposed to after the fact. A lot of the time influencers or whoever come on and discuss ‘when I had anxiety... when I was going through a bad break up... when I lost my job’ etc but they talk about it with a different perspective and maybe a less serious tone to it. At least Rosie highlighting this now you can see the genuine raw emotions, you can sense her nervousness and that might be the push someone needs to check themselves. I know I checked last night in the shower which I previously wouldn’t have done. Would I necessarily have done that watching her stories about how she thought it was serious but turned out to be nothing? Maybe not because the seriousness and urgency is out of her voice and I’d feel calmed myself as a result. I think people sending her flowers, sharing her story etc is just general nice human nature and what she did yesterday is actually very important. I wouldn’t be her biggest fan but I do applaud this.

Reactions: 9
Ok if she wants to highlight breast checks / speak about a scare. But it’s a bit dramatic coming on when she hasn’t even had her test results yet. The flowers, prayers etc. is a bit much in my opinion. Hopefully it’ll be a false alarm but this is just like Terrie’s drama a couple of years ago over a “cancer scare” which turned out to be something minor and the actual dramatics and attention seeking was an insult to anyone actually going through cancer
I do kind of agree. When I found my lump I didn’t have the luxury of hiding away from the world for a week. I had to put it to the back of my mind and get on with things. She has no coping skills. Yes it’s an awful fright to get and your mind certainly wanders but it’s not right that she had herself in such a state. I know she suffers from anxiety so that might be why. Sharing the news now when she hasn’t even had any results seems a bit premature but they must be certain it’s nothing to worry about. I still think I’d hold off, personally.
The majority of women will at some stage in their lives find a lump. Most of them are completely benign. Yes it’s good of her to highlight this but she should have waited imo.

Reactions: 4
I do kind of agree. When I found my lump I didn’t have the luxury of hiding away from the world for a week. I had to put it to the back of my mind and get on with things. She has no coping skills. Yes it’s an awful fright to get and your mind certainly wanders but it’s not right that she had herself in such a state. I know she suffers from anxiety so that might be why. Sharing the news now when she hasn’t even had any results seems a bit premature but they must be certain it’s nothing to worry about. I still think I’d hold off, personally.
The majority of women will at some stage in their lives find a lump. Most of them are completely benign. Yes it’s good of her to highlight this but she should have waited imo.
Promoting self checking = all for it
Sharing her experience = all for it
Just honestly shocks me that she would be sharing it without knowing if it’s cancer or not.

edit to say I just went back and rewatched her stories again - I think why it annoyed me so much is seeing other people’s over reactions to it/the dramatics. As that’s what made me watch her stories thinking oh god, that’s awful she must have been diagnosed with cancer.

People get way too caught up reposting influencers stories in my opinion

Reactions: 10
Promoting self checking = all for it
Sharing her experience = all for it
Just honestly shocks me that she would be sharing it without knowing if it’s cancer or not.

edit to say I just went back and rewatched her stories again - I think why it annoyed me so much is seeing other people’s over reactions to it/the dramatics. As that’s what made me watch her stories thinking oh god, that’s awful she must have been diagnosed with cancer.

People get way too caught up reposting influencers stories in my opinion
I hadnt seen her stories as I dont follow her... but seeing peoples tags and mentions... the way they were going on I genuinely thought she actually was diagnosed with cancer.. seen one person say poor rosie with her news.. I was like ah tit I hope shes ok... ! Ffs
Ps ... Hopefully she be ok x

Reactions: 9
I hadnt seen her stories as I dont follow her... but seeing peoples tags and mentions... the way they were going on I genuinely thought she actually was diagnosed with cancer.. seen one person say poor rosie with her news.. I was like ah tit I hope shes ok... ! Ffs
Ps ... Hopefully she be ok x
The reaction of others online was absolutely ridiculous, especially when you consider most of us will at one stage in our lives find a lump. You are not alone in thinking that, my friend also assumed she’d been diagnosed with breast cancer.
And yes please god she gets good news

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Agree say nothing until you know the outcome jesus christ how long will she be waiting to know anyway?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.