Rosie Connolly Quinn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would think a consultant has a concern re her lump being cancerous, they would have arranged for a more immediate scan.. It seems odd that she has to wait for a follow up app, normally you attend the breast clinic and are scanned there and then no waiting around. That to me suggests this is simply a scare and hopefully nothing more.. Consultants are generally frank and do not beat around the bush with these kind of things.

Reactions: 3
I would think a consultant has a concern re her lump being cancerous, they would have arranged for a more immediate scan.. It seems odd that she has to wait for a follow up app, normally you attend the breast clinic and are scanned there and then no waiting around. That to me suggests this is simply a scare and hopefully nothing more.. Consultants are generally frank and do not beat around the bush with these kind of things.
Privately you see a consultant for consultation then get sent for tests and back for consultation. Leave the girl alone.

Reactions: 4
Privately you see a consultant for consultation then get sent for tests and back for consultation. Leave the girl alone.
I speak from personal experience and prior attendance at a private breast clinic. I am merely thinking out loud. I wish Rosie nothing but the best.

Reactions: 3
I speak from personal experience and prior attendance at a private breast clinic. I am merely thinking out loud. I wish Rosie nothing but the best.
She said that the consultant put her mind at ease a bit more based on what they said, so perhaps its not as urgent as other scans. Hopefully for the reason you say, that its a cyst and not cancerous.
An awful worry.

Reactions: 1
That is not true. I’ve been referred and examined and told I’m too young for a mammogram. Thankfully the lump went away and it was just a cyst but others have not been so lucky.
Yes the consultant will know by the feel of the lump and after the ultrasound if you need a mammogram.Regardless of age.

Ok if she wants to highlight breast checks / speak about a scare. But it’s a bit dramatic coming on when she hasn’t even had her test results yet. The flowers, prayers etc. is a bit much in my opinion. Hopefully it’ll be a false alarm but this is just like Terrie’s drama a couple of years ago over a “cancer scare” which turned out to be something minor and the actual dramatics and attention seeking was an insult to anyone actually going through cancer
Agree.For some reason all these bloggers jump on the bandwagon when its national whatever day or mth it is.You wonder if the stories are fabricated.I wish rosie well i hope she dosent have breast cancer

Last edited:
Yes the consultant will know by the feel of the lump and after the ultrasound if you need a mammogram.Regardless of age.
Right but that’s not what you said, you said “no one is too young for a mammogram”, which is not the case clearly given my experience, the experiences of other women here and even the experience of Rosie herself. If the consultant seems the lump to be nothing worth investigating then you won’t be sent for a mammogram because of your age. That is the point I’m making. It’s only if the consultant thinks the lump is sinister that you’ll be sent for one. The problem with a system like that is it doesn’t consider the outliers who will be under 35 and the lump is more sinister than the consultant initially suspected. And that is concerning. I don’t know why you keep insisting that mammograms are par for the course for the under 35 when experience tells it is not the case. Some women don’t even get an ultrasound. Just an examination and that is all.

Reactions: 4
Right but that’s not what you said, you said “no one is too young for a mammogram”, which is not the case clearly given my experience, the experiences of other women here and even the experience of Rosie herself. If the consultant seems the lump to be nothing worth investigating then you won’t be sent for a mammogram because of your age. That is the point I’m making. It’s only if the consultant thinks the lump is sinister that you’ll be sent for one. The problem with a system like that is it doesn’t consider the outliers who will be under 35 and the lump is more sinister than the consultant initially suspected. And that is concerning. I don’t know why you keep insisting that mammograms are par for the course for the under 35 when experience tells it is not the case. Some women don’t even get an ultrasound. Just an examination and that is all.
My point been the consultant will send you for a mammogram regardless of age.If there is suspicion of cancer.From my own experience i know also.Having been attending the breast clinic since last march and seeing all younger girl having mammograms.

Yes the consultant will know by the feel of the lump and after the ultrasound if you need a mammogram.Regardless of age
I don’t want to jump on you but this is also not true from my own experience. Consultant felt lump was “sure” it was a cyst but sent me for mammo anyway. He was wrong... it was cancer Stage 3 Grade 3
They may have an idea from the feel of a lump but can never be definite without further investigation

I had triple assessment all in same day (consultation, mammo & ultrasound & biopsies) but have had friends who have been like Rosie and others had consultation and sent off to come back for mammo & further investigations. It depends on how busy the clinics are on the day you go

Anyway hope Rosie gets the all clear

Reactions: 6
I don’t want to jump on you but this is also not true from my own experience. Consultant felt lump was “sure” it was a cyst but sent me for mammo anyway. He was wrong... it was cancer Stage 3 Grade 3
They may have an idea from the feel of a lump but can never be definite without further investigation

I had triple assessment all in same day (consultation, mammo & ultrasound & biopsies) but have had friends who have been like Rosie and others had consultation and sent off to come back for mammo & further investigations. It depends on how busy the clinics are on the day you go

Anyway hope Rosie gets the all clear
Obviously different consultants and different breast clinics operate differently.

I d
My point been the consultant will send you for a mammogram regardless of age.If there is suspicion of cancer.From my own experience i know also.Having been attending the breast clinic since last march and seeing all younger girl having mammograms.
I have been sent for mammograms under 35 because of my family history and they also would absolutely do an ultrasound and MRI if anything was questionable. But I don’t live in Ireland. Sometimes it might depend on the doctor honestly and whatever healthcare system you are in. I know it’s a sensitive topic for many but I absolutely would be requesting an MRI or ultrasound if they adamantly refused a mammogram. I’m sorry but you can’t trust a doctor ( no matter how good you may think they are) to say the lump feels bad or good by touch. You need some sort of screening. But everyone is different I know. Personally I would need the proper medical reassurance.

There is no way that a doctor can confidently say 100% by feeling a lump if it is breast cancer or not. Aside from anything it leaves them open to huge liabilities if they are wrong. The appropriate screening and scans are required. I’m glad Rosie has highlighted the issue and I do hope she gets the all clear 🙏🏻

Reactions: 9
I’ll get killed for saying this but Georgie Crawford has a way of making everyone else’s cancer scare/journey about herself and even in her podcasts it always comes back to ‘ when I got sick’ when she is meant to be interviewing others... I get it, it was life changing but Jesus almighty her whole live revolves around it
Yep definitely, even when poor Jayde was on it and knew she was dying, Georgie kept on talking about herself

Reactions: 7
I actually felt sorry for Rosie the other day, but it’s amazing she came out about having a lump next day it was she can’t wait to show us her new creation and now it’s back to full on #ad. This is why the world is so messed up and no one cares about the next person. She is so materialistic and vain. Also can someone tell me why she never ever seems to dress remi. She always seems to be in babygros

Reactions: 15
I thought it was interesting when she was giving her lump update she mentioned she had a word with her agency about taking a break for a week because it wouldn’t feel right to “come on and be selling things when I didn’t feel right”..
she’s just a saleswoman at this stage. And yes her partnership must have ended with dripping gold. Funny how once these collaborations end they are never mentioned or heard of again when they were the best thing since sliced bread while they could flog it. None of them have an ounce of sincerity.

Reactions: 13
I thought it was interesting when she was giving her lump update she mentioned she had a word with her agency about taking a break for a week because it wouldn’t feel right to “come on and be selling things when I didn’t feel right”..
she’s just a saleswoman at this stage. And yes her partnership must have ended with dripping gold. Funny how once these collaborations end they are never mentioned or heard of again when they were the best thing since sliced bread while they could flog it. None of them have an ounce of sincerity.
And it’s mad how people fall for it. I personally would have said nothing nd not have worried friends nd family but she does strike as someone who needs to be talked about I think it makes her feel validated. I’d hate to be like that.

Reactions: 7
What happened to all the treatments Rosie and Sue were getting on their skin from Monica Tolan. That came to an abrupt stop 😂

Reactions: 6
The dermatologist told her to stop using tan on her face. Jesus she was flying through that wonder water all summer and saying how unreal it was for her skin. Fast forward a few months she’s being told off for using face tan and on anti biotics for cystic acne. Obviously that tanning water is pure muck. Rosie strikes me as the type of person who always likes to have people feel sorry for her. There’s always some big dramatic story. I don’t know. I think there’s something false about her tbh. She’d happily sell you any old crap (Monica Tolan, so Sue etc) and hail it as the best thing ever and then no mention of it again once she’s stopped being paid

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.