Rosie Connolly Quinn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mommamamia that's a very old Ireland POV to have. You don't have to be a certain age to be "settled" with a man and or children.

Reactions: 2
Mommamamia that's a very old Ireland POV to have. You don't have to be a certain age to be "settled" with a man and or children.
Shell be a long time old hahahahaha people are mad settling down young well pre covid they were!

Just listening to Rosie’s stories now and my heart goes out to her. She’s young and healthy so hopefully this turns out to be nothing but it must be an awful time for her. I’m glad she shared cos I’m defo gonna check myself more throughly today.

Reactions: 20
Fair play to her for addressing it. It’s more than likely a cyst, very common. I wouldn’t wish the anxiety and worry on anyone. Hopefully she gets good news

Reactions: 7
Wow well done to Rosie for addressing it. I hope it's nothing sinister.
She's right when she says all the material things are meaningless if you don't have your health.

Reactions: 12
Just listening to Rosie’s stories now and my heart goes out to her. She’s young and healthy so hopefully this turns out to be nothing but it must be an awful time for her. I’m glad she shared cos I’m defo gonna check myself more throughly today.
I'm not familiar with the south's healthcare system but why is there such a delay for the scan? I found 2 lumps and a dent last October and after a week waiting on the checkup I had a scan, then a mammogram the same day (in NI, all clear thank God) and I'd have been demented waiting much longer for it to be checked- it's exactly like she said- it's like you breath in and can't breath out til it's checked.

Reactions: 1
The age for mammograms really should be lowered to 30. More and more I am hearing about women in their early 30’s with a BC diagnosis. Not trying to scare anyone or Rosie and her consultant seems to be very positive, and they usually know by feeling it. But it’s just something I’ve thought about for a while. I had a similar experience and was told I was too young for a mammogram and would have to go privately for a scan if I wanted it investigated further. Although it’s rare to get it so young, it still happens and we really should be encouraging women to get checked from the age of 30.

Reactions: 6
It should be lowered, especially if, like Rosie, there's a family history of breast cancer. Hopefully it's a positive outcome for her!

Reactions: 4
No one is too young for a mammogram.If you fund a lump and you are sent to the breast clinic.The consultant will know once he checks it.They usually do the biopsy a mammogram and scan all at the appointment and you get diagnosed there and then.

• Angry
No one is too young for a mammogram.If you fund a lump and you are sent to the breast clinic.The consultant will know once he checks it.They usually do the biopsy a mammogram and scan all at the appointment and you get diagnosed there and then.
No they don’t. I found a lump at 30 and there’s breast cancer in my family and I was only sent for an ultrasound. Was told I was too young for a mammogram.

Reactions: 8
That is not true. I’ve been referred and examined and told I’m too young for a mammogram. Thankfully the lump went away and it was just a cyst but others have not been so lucky.

It should be lowered, especially if, like Rosie, there's a family history of breast cancer. Hopefully it's a positive outcome for her!
People are too young for a mammogram because their breast tissue is too dense. It gets less dense as you get older. So unfortunately there is no point lowering the age.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m prone to cysts underneath my arms and the first one I got was as a teenager, I was terrified but it’s a recurring thing maybe linked to the fact I suffered with acne too? very annoying and painful but thank god it’s not cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with her and I hope everything will be okay ❤ Well done to her for sharing on her platform though hopefully it will help other ladies 🙏🏻

Reactions: 5
It’s changed now, used to be that you got all done in one day but I went through this process a few months ago. I got referred By my gp and First day saw a doc, they feel it and then they refer you for a ultrasound and biopsy. Luckily everything was ok for me but I was so so nervous the morning of that biopsy.

It’s changed now, used to be that you got all done in one day but I went through this process a few months ago. I got referred By my gp and First day saw a doc, they feel it and then they refer you for a ultrasound and biopsy. Luckily everything was ok for me but I was so so nervous the morning of that biopsy.
Wow I got all done in one day just over a year ago. I was so impressed by that, especially with all the worrying you go thru. Poor Rosie, it's such a terrifying thing to have to go thru and fair play to her for highlighting it on her platform

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.