Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is 100% on here invested & contributing to all the threads. She was all over boards back in the day and wangled her way into Reddit using a friends account as well. She is a dose and a half that one.

Reactions: 6
Not showing for me that’s strange

It was from about 2 weeks ago so not sure why people are suddenly talking about it now.

Also not sure why Rosemary is taking about it now, going by the reference in the post about her having lost all the weight it was probably from a few years ago💁🏻‍♀️

I’m not aware of there being another thread here about her, but open to correction. This one is largely positive.

Reactions: 4
That post that she shared was made on a Faces by Grace thread can't remember correctly but I think someone made a comment on Rosemary's weight on it and got called out as she is pregnant.

duck that, Im really considering stopping patreon for her. Would rather give the money to Beatrice 😂

Reactions: 3
Ah look, if someone called me a fat ugly pig I'd have said a lot worse than what Rosemary said in her post. I'm all for calling out behaviours but when it gets personal and targets people's bodies and looks then I think it's a step too far.

In fairness to her, she's very aware of her mad spending, addiction to takeaways, laziness, etc., she calls herself out on all those things and more in her writing and the podcast with Beatrice. She's not like a lot of the others who think they're God's gift and never put a foot wrong.

I am a fan so conscious my opinion may be considered biased but I don't think she's aware that there is a rave thread because if she was I really think she would have referenced it.

Reactions: 16
Just wondering what are the thoughts on the insta post she put up about the negative stuff about her on this?
It’s disappointing. I thought she was better than that. She used to do things like this back in the day but I thought she was beyond that now. There are loads of people on here who have her back and like her. It just seemed like a cheap grab for attention. Having said that, the comment was actually awful and I don’t blame her for being hurt by it. I just fail to see where she was going with the whole “this would have upset me years ago but not anymore” angle, meanwhile posting it on her Instagram, ergo it clearly still upsets you.

Reactions: 7
Ah look, if someone called me a fat ugly pig I'd have said a lot worse than what Rosemary said in her post. I'm all for calling out behaviours but when it gets personal and targets people's bodies and looks then I think it's a step too far.

In fairness to her, she's very aware of her mad spending, addiction to takeaways, laziness, etc., she calls herself out on all those things and more in her writing and the podcast with Beatrice. She's not like a lot of the others who think they're God's gift and never put a foot wrong.

I am a fan so conscious my opinion may be considered biased but I don't think she's aware that there is a rave thread because if she was I really think she would have referenced it.
But this is the rave thread. If she found the other posts by searching her name she would have found this too.

Reactions: 1
I'd have to disagree, I think she's human and one of the first things she'd do would be to come here and look for other posts about her - I'm assuming she didn't find the original one herself and that someone alerted her to it, but maybe she did happen across it while reading the site herself, who knows. She's a journalist/writer after all so I just wouldn't believe she didn't do any further reading here, and if she didn't, dropping an incendiary post on her insta without any wider context would be less than stellar journalism. Unless you're just looking for content that suits your narrative.

I think occasionally even when you're a fan of someone you can have an issue with something they've done or said, without making you a hater. Or a sad duck (thanks insta).

Reactions: 5
I'd have to disagree, I think she's human and one of the first things she'd do would be to come here and look for other posts about her - I'm assuming she didn't find the original one herself and that someone alerted her to it, but maybe she did happen across it while reading the site herself, who knows. She's a journalist/writer after all so I just wouldn't believe she didn't do any further reading here, and if she didn't, dropping an incendiary post on her insta without any wider context would be less than stellar journalism. Unless you're just looking for content that suits your narrative.

I think occasionally even when you're a fan of someone you can have an issue with something they've done or said, without making you a hater. Or a sad duck (thanks insta).
I agree with you 100%. The weekend she posted that she was discussed but not on this thread. She was mentioned on the Faces by Grace's thread where again people were praising her, someone made a comment about Rosemary's weight and were immediately called out on it and you also have this thread where up to a afew days before Rosemary's Instagram rant people were again praising her and saying how much they enjoyed her content and that they were genuinely happy for her which is why I thought her post was so left of field.

It was , imo, as other people have said incidary. It showed a one side argument and only one person's comments. You could see from Rosemary's posts that she has read here at some point as her arguments that she used as examples of people defending the site were very similar to comments I have seen here.

Tattle gets a bad name because of a few posters who always take it too far. They make derogatory comments about aspects of a person's life that I feel sometimes should be left out but more than likely those people that make those comments would do the same in 'real life'. The people on her page that jumped to her defence said I guarantee that people on here have Be Kind on their social media when the irony of that is laughable 😂

For the most part I like Rosemary. If she does something that I don't agree with I tend to ignore. I was for want of another word completely baffled by her rant as the timing just seemed off when there was some many compliments here aswell. Anyway for want of being labelled a ' sad duck' I'll end this post cos I have rambled for long enough 🙈😂

Agree with most of the above. I like Rosemary and think fair play to her calling out that comment. That was not a fair comment and regardless of what you think of tattle that kind of carry on is wrong. I replied similarly to the faces thread and got a mod.warning but I genuinely think that comment was such bullshit.
I think it’s so easy to say “well don’t read it then”. But I highly doubt most of us would have the ability to do that (geez I definitely wouldn’t be able to resist!)

Screenshot of a tiny bit of her Patreon.

I think Rosemary was perfectly entitled to feel awful about that comment that was posted about her on another thread.

It was horrible and I don't know what I would do if that was written somewhere about me. (Reading what is said about plussized/fat women on this gives me enough to think about and is really bad enough for my mental health - even though I still read it and then go on to imagine that my friends and colleagues are probably thinking the same about me- that's another story).

She reads Tattle and couldn't not fail to see the overwhelmingly positive thread about her but didn't mention it on her post? I find that hard to get my head around 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I agree with you 100%. The weekend she posted that she was discussed but not on this thread. She was mentioned on the Faces by Grace's thread where again people were praising her, someone made a comment about Rosemary's weight and were immediately called out on it and you also have this thread where up to a afew days before Rosemary's Instagram rant people were again praising her and saying how much they enjoyed her content and that they were genuinely happy for her which is why I thought her post was so left of field.

It was , imo, as other people have said incidary. It showed a one side argument and only one person's comments. You could see from Rosemary's posts that she has read here at some point as her arguments that she used as examples of people defending the site were very similar to comments I have seen here.

Tattle gets a bad name because of a few posters who always take it too far. They make derogatory comments about aspects of a person's life that I feel sometimes should be left out but more than likely those people that make those comments would do the same in 'real life'. The people on her page that jumped to her defence said I guarantee that people on here have Be Kind on their social media when the irony of that is laughable 😂

For the most part I like Rosemary. If she does something that I don't agree with I tend to ignore. I was for want of another word completely baffled by her rant as the timing just seemed off when there was some many compliments here aswell. Anyway for want of being labelled a ' sad duck' I'll end this post cos I have rambled for long enough 🙈😂

For the record I never had Be Kind on my profiler or anywhere else, purely because I thought the bleeping irony of it overall, and also because it was being peddled in memory of someone who died after being up for DV charges. I don't believe in sugar coating my opinion of someone just because they've passed away, heartless and all as that may seem

Reactions: 6

I think Rosemary was perfectly entitled to feel awful about that comment that was posted about her on another thread.

It was horrible and I don't know what I would do if that was written somewhere about me. (Reading what is said about plussized/fat women on this gives me enough to think about and is really bad enough for my mental health - even though I still read it and then go on to imagine that my friends and colleagues are probably thinking the same about me- that's another story).

She reads Tattle and couldn't not fail to see the overwhelmingly positive thread about her but didn't mention it on her post? I find that hard to get my head around 🤷‍♀️
That's just it. By all means call out that crappy comment as it was unwarranted but why not balance it and say while there was this negativity there was also over whelming positivity 🤷🏻‍♀️

For the record I never had Be Kind on my profiler or anywhere else, purely because I thought the bleeping irony of it overall, and also because it was being peddled in memory of someone who died after being up for DV charges. I don't believe in sugar coating my opinion of someone just because they've passed away, heartless and all as that may seem
I agree . I never got the whole Be Kind argument because for the most people who were pushing it were anything but kind🤷🏻‍♀️The instahuns jumped on it and used it almost like a mantra but rather than achieving anything it was just used to silence people if they were calling them out or criticising shady behaviour.

I posted before about Caroline and while it's terrible that anyone, celebrity or not, feels that the only way out for them is to take their own life , she had other issues a part from being vilified by the press

Last edited:

Because Rosemary is doing it for attention. Yes the comments about her were absolutely horrible and I'm not condoning them but saying "oh I've a whole thread of people saying nice things about me" is not exciting, it's boring and doesn't draw anyone's attention. She has always been one to stir up controversy for the sake of it and this is the same.

But this is the rave thread. If she found the other posts by searching her name she would have found this too.
OK,so maybe she has seen it. Even so, it doesn't mean she has to refer to it. If I wanted to call out a particular behaviour I wouldn't end my statement by acknowledging all the people who don't do it. Like if I wanted to rant about people breaking red lights I'd say just that, I wouldn't end it by saying 'of course there's loads of people who don't break red lights so well done you'.

Also, perhaps she knows that even though we rave about her we are also most likely ranting about others and she just doesn't want to condone any part of it. 🤷‍♀️

She has always been one to stir up controversy for the sake of it and this is the same.
What kind of controversy? Genuine question, not to defend, I'm solely interested to know.

OK,so maybe she has seen it. Even so, it doesn't mean she has to refer to it. If I wanted to call out a particular behaviour I wouldn't end my statement by acknowledging all the people who don't do it.
Actually in her case I think it does. She's presented what she likely knows is only half of a bigger story and allowed comments to sit on the post calling Tattlers sad fucks etc. all the while likely knowing that there's a little tribe of us who support her, celebrate her successes, enjoy hearing her good news and support her financially via her Patreon etc. If she didn't make a living from writing, social media engagement with her 42.4k subs, and the funds from her Patreon supporters I'd say 'so what?, but she's facilitating the takedown of a lot of people who she knows are in her corner for a clickbaity incendiary post that is only a tiny part of her Tattle presence. By all means have the dialogue about trolling, body shaming, bullying etc. but it's irresponsible of her (as a professional journalist and someone who is actually directly benefitting from some of us here) to allow the conversation to go unchecked without noting that 'there's also a small group of them who speak really positively about me and I have a thread on there supporting me the whole time which is nice'.

You might not think it's a big issue but it would make me question her ethics big time. She can easily add a little note or follow up comment to clarify but hasn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Actually in her case I think it does. She's presented what she likely knows is only half of a bigger story and allowed comments to sit on the post calling Tattlers sad fucks etc. all the while likely knowing that there's a little tribe of us who support her, celebrate her successes, enjoy hearing her good news and support her financially via her Patreon etc. If she didn't make a living from writing, social media engagement with her 42.4k subs, and the funds from her Patreon supporters I'd say 'so what?, but she's facilitating the takedown of a lot of people who she knows are in her corner for a clickbaity incendiary post that is only a tiny part of her Tattle presence. By all means have the dialogue about trolling, body shaming, bullying etc. but it's irresponsible of her (as a professional journalist and someone who is actually directly benefitting from some of us here) to allow the conversation to go unchecked without noting that 'there's also a small group of them who speak really positively about me and I have a thread on there supporting me the whole time which is nice'.

You might not think it's a big issue but it would make me question her ethics big time. She can easily add a little note or follow up comment to clarify but hasn't.
We'll have to agree to disagree so because I really don't think it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Those who support her on Patreon etc are of more value and importance to her than any comments here, good or bad, and she recognises them regularly on her platforms. I for one don't feel in any way offended that she didn't acknowledge this thread. The purpose of her comment was to focus on body image and how people are targeted for it and to turn it into a 'how dare she not acknowledge us' is just bizarre imo.

Reactions: 4