Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do really enjoy the podcast but I unsubscribed before Christmas as I felt it was quite inconsistent and the topics were kind of going stale but I didn’t message them or leave a comment to say that! I do get they are busy but as many have said, make a bank of episodes - even mini episodes! I hope they take it as constructive criticism, people obviously want to hear them/pay them

Reactions: 4
Completely bewildered as to why anyone actually pays to listen to any of these narcissistic tools shiteing on (Jack Monroe another case in point) but fools and their money…. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I listened to that rant earlier and tbh I'm embarrassed beyond belief for Rosemary. I really do like her but she came across like an utterly spoiled brat and unprofessional. Take the criticism on the chin and maybe do something about it rather than getting up in arms to the people that pay or have at some point paid for the pod. She comes across like a total snowflake tbh and I'm not surprised she has never enjoyed on well in the traditional working environment if that's her response to a genuine grievance from a paying patron. Oh we do our best but I'm busy and have x y z going on doesn't cut it when you are providing a paid service. The dismissive attitude has really annoyed me. She might want to take a look at the like fo the 2 johnnies....I'm not their biggest fan but if they are one thing its consistent. I dont think they have missed a Monday morning pod in years and that's probably part of their success.

Reactions: 17
I listened to that rant earlier and tbh I'm embarrassed beyond belief for Rosemary. I really do like her but she came across like an utterly spoiled brat and unprofessional. Take the criticism on the chin and maybe do something about it rather than getting up in arms to the people that pay or have at some point paid for the pod. She comes across like a total snowflake tbh and I'm not surprised she has never enjoyed on well in the traditional working environment if that's her response to a genuine grievance from a paying patron. Oh we do our best but I'm busy and have x y z going on doesn't cut it when you are providing a paid service. The dismissive attitude has really annoyed me. She might want to take a look at the like fo the 2 johnnies....I'm not their biggest fan but if they are one thing its consistent. I dont think they have missed a Monday morning pod in years and that's probably part of their success.
Even blindboy, who has the pod maybe 3 years now hasn't missed a single week.

He does have a Patreon but doesn't provide a paid tier of content.

On the one hand, I get that they're busy and real life gets in the way and so on but it's a level of unpreparedness that has reared their head more than anything. It wasn't a nice rant and I don't think Bea would be happy with it.

Reactions: 5
Completely agree.
She's acting like she's putting out episodes as some sort of favour to her Patreons when they are literally paying for a service that is not being delivered.
And then when one of her subscribers voices their opinion, she throws her toys out of the pram and goes on about how busy she is :rolleyes:

I like Rosemary, but as you said - she comes across as a total spoilt brat.

Reactions: 18
Beatrice has been let go from her job. She’s the only earner in her house - must be very stressful. Wonder how many jobs in high end fashion there are in Fort Wayne?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Beatrice has been let go from her job. She’s the only earner in her house - must be very stressful. Wonder how many jobs in high end fashion there are in Fort Wayne?
Has she said this? That is stressful, I think she's used to a high salary too. Didn't know the husband didn't work.

Has she said this? That is stressful, I think she's used to a high salary too. Didn't know the husband didn't work.
It’s on this weeks podcast - I would definitely say used to a high salary to support 4 kids and a husband and at times her sister too
---

Y

Yes I think she did!! I'm devestated for Beatrice!!
I think she did too. It’s awful - what if she needs to move elsewhere for work? Disaster for them as Brandin can’t go anywhere

Reactions: 1
Oohh that's so scary for them. The podcast has so much potential to be lucrative. Get on tiktok and share snippets (pucci story etc), to reach more people and maybe get more sponsors (but please no Dyson ad every 2 minutes, I stopped listening after that). Beatrice and Rosemary are so creative, they can definitely think of ways to monetise this while times are tough. A Mr and Mrs game for siblings which friends/sisters from other misters could use too? Lean into the sarky nature of the pod and do funny/crappy daily affirmations every day on tik tok as an antithesis to all the 'positive vibes' shite online which is the last thing you want to see when you're at you're lowest.

I'm brainstorming here but hope to god something works for them and Beatrice doesn't have to move.

Reactions: 6
Oh no poor Bea. That's awful and such a shock. Hopefully she gets some severance pay to keep her going for a while.

I always noticed rosemary rarely plugged the podcast on her insta. And it's brilliant

Reactions: 1
Gutted for Beatrice she really loved her job and seemed to be very good at it and well liked. I wouldn’t like to be in their situation at all. Living in the states can be so precarious

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1927375 800k a year for the last four years, not too shabby 😯
Reading that it looks like 800k over 4 years, not each year, which would put her on 92k salary and 108k in I'm assuming bonuses, bik (or whatever they call in in the states) so 200k a year ish.

That seems decent enough but pay is fairly strange there, I know friends of mine that are in roles here for 50/60k that are earning 120-150k there.

Reactions: 2