Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a huge fan but she needs to prerecord and prepare work in advance for her paying fans if she wants time off. This is an income, surely having some work set aside incase she can't record or work for any reason makes sense
I really like Rosemary too and don't know why it irritates me so much but the constant talk about needing to up her income and get more people subscribing but then the promised content (particularly on the Patreon) either doesn't arrive when it is supposed to or never materialises. Particularly annoyed me when the episode last week was pulled from a scripted drama podcast, and then the subscriber bonus episode was another one! Also her stories at Christmas about them taking a break from the podcast, which they supposedly "never do"?!

Reactions: 8
I really like Rosemary too and don't know why it irritates me so much but the constant talk about needing to up her income and get more people subscribing but then the promised content (particularly on the Patreon) either doesn't arrive when it is supposed to or never materialises. Particularly annoyed me when the episode last week was pulled from a scripted drama podcast, and then the subscriber bonus episode was another one! Also her stories at Christmas about them taking a break from the podcast, which they supposedly "never do"?!
She needs to realise that we are her income and if she isn't prepared to prepare for breaks that's an issue

Reactions: 5
Have to agree, I was disappointed being palmed off with the “petrified” episodes. I’ll probably unsubscribe from the patreon tbh. Still really enjoy Rosemarys content and the podcast when they post but I don’t feel like the patreon is worth paying for anymore.

Reactions: 4
What’s the news I wonder? Not all good! Wonder are they going fully to Patreon, no more free podcast??

Reactions: 1
Eesh, I dunno how that rant was supposed to come across but...it did not come across well 😬 More than once saying a fiver a month is not a lot of money so stop complaining basically? If that's the case Rosemary you won't miss those fivers so. Comes off sooo unappreciative of the subscribers she does have.

Reactions: 16
I really didn't intend to be insensitive to the fact that they both have a lot going on in complaining about the inconsistency. I love both the podcast and Substack, and really appreciate Rosemary's work. I completely feel for her that she's having a tough time and hope that they are all okay.

That said, I think it seems slightly disingenuous to offer benefits for subscribing and then complain when people hold you to them.

Reactions: 12
Eesh, I dunno how that rant was supposed to come across but...it did not come across well 😬 More than once saying a fiver a month is not a lot of money so stop complaining basically? If that's the case Rosemary you won't miss those fivers so. Comes off sooo unappreciative of the subscribers she does have.
Yea I don’t think it’s going to make anyone that was on the fence stay, or those that have recently cancelled their subscription, sign up again!

Like, fair enough if they’ve done almost all of their bonus episodes but half the selling point of their Patreon is early, ad free, access to the main weekly episode and they’ve missed two this month alone. A random episode of an unrelated podcast doesn’t count in my opinion.

It’s a shame that things are a bit difficult at the moment, but, I don’t know about any of your jobs, but in mine, give me a break I’m really trying wouldn’t be good enough if my boss or colleagues were saying I wasn’t doing what was expected of me 😳

Reactions: 8
Was there a rant? I didn’t see any rant? Has it been deleted maybe?

I’m not sure why she doesn’t have a backlog of episodes that she can use for when she has breaks. Or if she needs the breaks why not do seasons like other podcasts and then she can still have time off. It’s a bit distasteful to come on complaining that she’s having it rough when people working 12 hour shifts can’t just step back. And I understand she is going through a rough time but to come on and berate the subscriber is a bit questionable. Also I think the subscriber made their points in a polite way so I’m not sure why she had to rant about it. Influencers ask for constructive criticism but when they get it they get like this

Reactions: 9
People pay for a service. They don’t receive the service. They withdraw the payment for the service they’re not receiving, and that’s apparently an issue? I don’t really understand why that’s difficult, “bonus” episodes are irrelevant no?
I feel that it’s like me not showing up one day a month, my manager not paying me for the day I didn’t show up and me complaining about not being paid for the day I didn’t show up. I can’t not work and expect to be paid anyway.
I do like Rosemary, and I find that she’s one of the most relatable,but times like this I just don’t understand the rants?

Reactions: 14
Could she get a job in retail or similar or would the visa not allow it? Genuine question!
visa doesn’t allow it, can only work in her field (journalism)
---

The “bonus” paid for patreon episode ceases to be a bonus episode if there isn’t a regular episode that week, bonus suggests additional. I’m a big supporter of Rosemary but those stories come across very defensive. People have said a few times on this thread that they’d be better off storing up a few episodes to be able to roll out when they have to take a week or two off. I follow a few podcasts that took time off over Christmas (podcasts of varying production levels too - from home recorded to studio based) and all of them either pre recorded or released bonus eps of unheard bits.
I have so much sympathy for their situation - Brandon’s job loss and her mum breaking her wrist and not being able to visit at Christmas and various trials and tribulations, but I wish they were able to take constructive criticism and not perceive it as an attack. I’ll keep my subscription for the time being and hope to have a few more eps to listen to soon. I loved the episode with Beatrice’s son, very cute and she seems like such a good mother.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I think she’s completely valided that persons reasoning for unsubscribing and when a few others have said it to, maybe try and see why they feel that way, there’s definitely been more than 6 weeks with a podcast. As others have said, it’s not going to encourage people on the fence to stay when your paying for something and it’s not been delivered. it’s probably one of the most inconsistent podcasts in terms of releases that I listen to.

Reactions: 7
The only thing I don't like about the Patreon is that you have to go in to the email and download it, it is a bit of a faff. I wonder are they running out of topics and that's why they don't have a bank of pre records

The only thing I don't like about the Patreon is that you have to go in to the email and download it, it is a bit of a faff. I wonder are they running out of topics and that's why they don't have a bank of pre records
there’s a way to get it straight to your podcast feed! Go onto the patreon NWMS page, click membership, scroll down to “listen on other podcast apps” and there should be instructions on how to add it to your Spotify/apple podcasts!

Reactions: 3
there’s a way to get it straight to your podcast feed! Go onto the patreon NWMS page, click membership, scroll down to “listen on other podcast apps” and there should be instructions on how to add it to your Spotify/apple podcasts!
On wow super thanks

Reactions: 2