Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have an 8 week old and have to disagree. I haven’t found it hard at all. Every baby is different and this “just you wait” narrative people spew onto pregnant women is so so negative.
Yes, 1000 times this. You get pregnant and it’s ‘just you wait til you’re in your 3rd trimester and can’t walk or sleep’ then ‘just you wait til you have a newborn’, then when you’re past that it’s ‘just you wait until they start to walk’, then ‘just you wait til they hit the terrible twos’ etc etc. The worst part of the early days with my son was the sheer amount of shite from other people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have an 8 week old and have to disagree. I haven’t found it hard at all. Every baby is different and this “just you wait” narrative people spew onto pregnant women is so so negative.
It's not a 'just you wait' narrative. Fantastic that you're finding it easy, good for you. But you are definitely in the minority. The reality is that it's a major life transition for most people and a lot of women (including me) struggle because people like you paint it as sunshine and lollipops, and IMO that is far more damaging than being honest about how shite it can be for the first while.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
It's not a 'just you wait' narrative. Fantastic that you're finding it easy, good for you. But you are definitely in the minority. The reality is that it's a major life transition for most people and a lot of women (including me) struggle because people like you paint it as sunshine and lollipops, and IMO that is far more damaging than being honest about how shite it can be for the first while.
Comparison is the thief of joy here.

Reactions: 17
Comparison is the thief of joy here.
A bit like parenting teens sometimes. I think she will be a great mum. She is also wise prepping mental health and anticipating the bumps along the way. She genuinely seems so content at the moment.

Reactions: 9
I think no one should be ashamed to share their parenting experiences. I'm 17 years into my adventure so there are incredible lows and highs and you never stop learning and growing.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think no one should be ashamed to share their parenting experiences. I'm 17 years into my adventure so there are incredible lows and highs and you never stop learning and growing.
Yep - couldn’t agree more. 3 kids in, my eldest is only 8 so not as far in as you are but have learned enough to know we never know it all - every single child is different and every parents experience is valid. I get the impression this is something Rosemary will know from Bea.

My god the parenting Olympics are exhausting.

Reactions: 4
She hasn’t even had the baby yet and she’s already been criticised for what kind of mother she will be. Christ! I’m not even going to bother list all the reasons why I think she’ll be grand because it’s irrelevant, stop judging new mothers. And stop judging mothers to be.

Reactions: 11
She hasn’t even had the baby yet and she’s already been criticised for what kind of mother she will be. Christ! I’m not even going to bother list all the reasons why I think she’ll be grand because it’s irrelevant, stop judging new mothers. And stop judging mothers to be.
I like you think she'll be grand too. Most of us generally are . . . she'll also be incredibly honest and not sugar coat it either. Though has anyone here seen Mrs Makeups latest baby. OMG he is the cutest. He 'almost' made me clucky.

Reactions: 1
I just find it amazing how she was so set on not having children years ago, did she ever go into what changed her mind on it? So happy for her though. I’m only 23 and don’t have much maternal instinct for babies and can’t really see myself having them but idk will it kick in for me like it may have for Rosemary haha

Reactions: 2
I just find it amazing how she was so set on not having children years ago, did she ever go into what changed her mind on it? So happy for her though. I’m only 23 and don’t have much maternal instinct for babies and can’t really see myself having them but idk will it kick in for me like it may have for Rosemary haha
Could just be something as simple as being happy and content with life and has met the right person. I’ve had friends say similar things about never wanting kids because of whatever situation their life is at in that moment, it would be an actual nightmare to invite kids on top of that. But as life progresses and things settle and you get more content you might change your mind.

• Heart
Who's comparing anything? I'm simply stating my truth and my experience, and my original post was expressing concern that Rosemary would be okay, because it's hard for *most* people.
You were comparing the majority of new mothers v the minority of new mothers in your previous post. Thats a comparison

Reactions: 1
She had a fertility check years ago and was told her chances of getting pregnant naturally were very low so I think she had accepted it as being her fate. But also yeah, for most people, I do think your perspective changes as you get older and life changes for yourself and those around you. In my 20s I was certain I didn't want kids, now in my 30s I do want them.

Reactions: 6
Maybe it will and maybe it won't. I don't want kids, can't stand them, would never even consider having one. I'm extremely happily married, have the life to be honest and we've never wanted kids.

I know some people that have said they wish they thought more about it and that sort of thing, I'm bleeping thankful I knew I didn't want them instead of just having them when we got married or bought our first place or whatever.

Rosemary doesn't annoy me about the baby thing, I'm delighted for her that she seems to have found happiness.

• Heart
people change at various stages of their lives. I see someone has explained rosemarys position, but for yourself, you could stick to what you feel now, or have some madness happen that makes you change how you feel about kids. I never wanted kids, ended up having one quite young, didn’t want anymore and haven’t had anymore. I have occasional pangs of broodiness but then spend time with friends who have small kids and that sorts that out for me 🙈🙈🙈 my kid is now a fully fledged adult and I like my sleep and lifestyle too much to compromise it again.

I guess my point is it’s ok to change your mind even for someone who has been vocal about not wanting kids, and it’s ok not to change your mind also.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I never wanted a husband or kids in my 20s. Its all down to personal choice whether you do or don't or even change your mind (though its much harder change your mind if you have had them . . . take it from the mother of two teen sons ;-) there is no return address )

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Who's judging anybody? Once again, I said in my original post that I think she's in for a shock when the baby arrives. Which I fully stand by. Where did I say that she won't be a good mother? Nowhere. Stop putting words in my mouth, please.

Also, do you know her personally? I'm guessing you probably don't. And neither do I. So we're both just basing our opinions on what we know of her online persona. And my opinion is no less valid than yours on that front.

You were comparing the majority of new mothers v the minority of new mothers in your previous post. Thats a comparison
Eh, no. Someone else above was comparing their experience to mine, saying that they found it easy. I did not find it easy. Nobody's experience is less valid than the next person. So why are you trying to invalidate my experience for the sake of Rosemary? I hope she finds it a breeze and she takes to motherhood like a duck to water. But if she doesn't and she's 'honest' about it (and good for her), you'll all be back here whistling a different tune saying that it's not fair how motherhood is painted so positively by everyone! Bunch of hypocritical gobshites.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Did anyone see her story last week calling out influencers that moan and moan about how busy a day they've had and they idiotically share their to-do list and it's like "call the bank and insurance, book a holiday" ie all the stuff regular folk squeeze into their lunch hours... I roared :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

So glad someone said it cause there is nothing more ludicrous, drives me up the wall!

• Haha
Reactions: 16