Rosemary MacCabe #2 not a rave thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had to listen to the agony aunt episode. It was worse than I expected. Rosemary should never give advice again. They started by asking people to give as much detail as possible. Maybe you should reply to the person directly and ask them beforehand? research I believe it’s called, the thing they said they would like to hire someone to do. No chance they’d do it themselves, between the two of them to build up the flimsy podcast that should be a hell of a lot more connected than it is. She advised a mother with very young kids who hadn’t had sex with her husband in months to ask a family member to watch the kids and go for lunch with her husband. The smug privilege of this woman to be surrounded by family! Has she any idea how lucky she is to have help so close by and then assumes that it is the norm for everyone.
They also suggested that another woman considering quitting full time employment to stay at home with kids and also do part time freelance accountancy work should take a career break, and work freelance during it. Completely against the point of a career break and would likely get her fired! Rosemary is dangerously immature and both of them are completely uninformed and spreading terrible and incorrect facts as ‘advice’. Marian Finucane was even referenced as still doing Liveline. It was 25 years ago Beatrice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I used to love the podcast but I tried bits of a few different episodes the other day and just couldn't get into it

Reactions: 3
I do still like the pod and Rosemary generally but jeeeez the episodes where they discuss red carpet outfits like the recent Oscars etc are just rubbish.
I haven't been over analysing other people's clothing choices since I was in my teens.
I get that the Oscars are a huge accolade in the industry but as a woman I'm my early 40s I'm far more interested on life stories and day to day happenings with a helping of family life than celebrity fashion choices.
I like the dynamic they have together as sisters but really feel sometimes that it leans back into what would have piqued my interest years ago and not now, chatting about TV shows and giving spoilers and red carpet looks is all a bit tired. I feel its becoming more irrelevant to me and I would have thought I'm roughly the age bracket that they would be targeting.
Overall though I generally do enjoy the podcast just not the more pop culture ones where they look at celebrity life but the episodes they chat about their own family life and happenings are very good.

Reactions: 5
They are highly educated but absolutely clueless when it comes to common sense knowledge or even general knowledge. They talk about the possibility of Elon Musk becoming US president, but this is impossible given he was not born in the US. They wonder why credit cards in Ireland don’t offer rewards like points when it is banned to discourage getting into debt. The podcast is completely rudderless and not investing even one extra hour in it, be it research or planning, means they will never increase their patreons.

Reactions: 12
They don’t fit!!! Jesus, she’d be better off with no glasses than with glasses that don’t fit. I buy my glasses online and the measurements are very specific. This ones’ ‘duck it it’ll do’ attitude extends to every part of her life.
---
Give me strength. And a teeny tiny violin.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Firmoo, couldn’t fault them. My prescription is not strong and I’ve been wearing glasses for 30 years. Take extra care with the measurements so you don’t end up like Rosemary and have them pinching your nose. Also spend on the lenses eg coatings.

As for her subscribers going down; does she not get that she is irrelevant now? Her feckless, thoughtless, without consequence spending is disgusting. Sitting in her car wondering where she will eat for breakfast after spending God knows how much on therapy as well as childcare for her self care. I spent €140 on groceries this week and Im dreading next week because the kids won’t be in school and will need 100s of snacks as well as entertaining for two weeks! And crying about her appearance? Please. This is the woman who happily poses naked or in a bikini for tens of thousands of people on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Did she? Good for her, is she staying in Fort Wayne?

Listened to the latest podcast, Bourjois were gone but are back in Superdrug.

Reactions: 1
What is the point to that podcast, is it just a mishmash of random topics?
Yes and it will get even worse when Beatrice goes back to work. Rosemary is re-re-re-watching One Tree Hill. When she gets around to Girls5Eva in ten years time her mind will be blown.

Reactions: 4
Now I'm no expert in podcasts but surely there needs to at least be a consistent theme or point, not just a spoken version of what's app tit chats between two sisters