Rochelle Humes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand it can be upsetting for someone to see. But it’s like a lot of things - the audience isn’t all going to relate or want to see it. The thing is, someone who’s managed to breastfeed shouldn’t have to hide it either just because others didn’t breastfeed and feel bad about it. I don’t know anyone who’s had an easy ride with it. It’s either gone down the pan or it’s taken off and worked. Everyone’s journey is unique. With my first, oh boy I struggled for weeks it was horrific trying to get it off the ground. It did take off in the end and i was so proud of myself for persevering. Second baby I was definitely at an advantage as I was very knowledgable on how to get it going. I posted the odd Insta photo and will always share the odd interesting/support bf post.
With Rochelle, she’s probably sharing just to put the feelers out for ads and freebies🤦🏼‍♀️. Notice how she’s shared Medela - what TF happened to Elvie? Elvie do bottles too.
What annoyed me was ‘breast is best’ comment. I absolutely support bf. But there could be women who see that post and are really struggling. This time last year, my baby was 4 days old. I wasn’t in a good place, hormones everywhere and my baby wasn’t feeding and I didn’t know why, I was devastated. A comment like that would have broken my heart.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 5
I might of missed it but she gave no hints she was topping up with formula until today did she? Obviously no judgement here about feeding (it’s exactly how I fed my little one too) but it’s another classic example of only telling half a story. We had the full up elvie pump shots which seemed a lot for a baby that was only a few weeks and most likely on the boob more than off so the formula feeds would help explain that. Also buying a brand new medela on top of the elvie is what most mums can’t ever imagine doing, so much money!
I noticed that too. So she has bf’d, pumped (which is a huge ball ache task!), and topped up. Boobs won’t be getting the right messages at all - unless she’s been absolutely like clockwork with the pumping.

What annoyed me was ‘breast is best’ comment. I absolutely support bf. But there could be women who see that post and are really struggling. This time last year, my baby was 4 days old. I wasn’t in a good place, hormones everywhere and my baby wasn’t feeding and I didn’t know why, I was devastated. A comment like that would have broken my heart.
[/QUOTE]
Day 4 is just horrific isn’t it 🥴

Reactions: 1
I noticed that too. So she has bf’d, pumped (which is a huge ball ache task!), and topped up. Boobs won’t be getting the right messages at all - unless she’s been absolutely like clockwork with the pumping.
[/QUOTE]
Day 4 -day 7 was a rollercoaster day 1-day 3 were the best days ever. I honestly never really thought I had hormones but I cried on day 5 because my partner bought us breakfast and didn’t get me a latte, he got me filter coffee.

Day 4 -day 7 was a rollercoaster day 1-day 3 were the best days ever. I honestly never really thought I had hormones but I cried on day 5 because my partner bought us breakfast and didn’t get me a latte, he got me filter coffee.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah days 3-5 for me this time - my boobs were swollen but baby couldn’t latch onto my swollen hideous nipples and all I did was cry and swear. Midwife happened to visit and calmed me down. Instant coffee vs latte - yep latte for sure!

She can top up with dairy free formula if she had to,she has options,she makes it
Sounds so dreamy few days
Ago,and showing
Her pump volume-This proves
To me that elvie pump is
Gifted,is crap
And is
Not doing a good enough job if Rochelle wants to make sure her boobs empty
Properly in order to make more milk -she's had to go
Purchase another pump. It is such a hard journey, rose tinted glasses haven't stayed on. Glimpse of
Reality in a usually fake world.

Reactions: 3
I might of missed it but she gave no hints she was topping up with formula until today did she? Obviously no judgement here about feeding (it’s exactly how I fed my little one too) but it’s another classic example of only telling half a story. We had the full up elvie pump shots which seemed a lot for a baby that was only a few weeks and most likely on the boob more than off so the formula feeds would help explain that. Also buying a brand new medela on top of the elvie is what most mums can’t ever imagine doing, so much money!
this also proves that as wonderful and amazing and life changing (*eye roll) the elvie pump is it’s clearly not up to the job of producing a lot of milk efficiently. These influencers and celebs who rave about the elvie when they got it free and it costs £400 or something for a double one really makes me mad. Vulnerable new mums who want to do anything they can to feed their kids as best they can think this is something they should invest in only to discover the people raving about it used formula top ups on the side. Which I have no issue with as both my kids were mixed fed.

She can top up with dairy free formula if she had to,she has options,she makes it
Sounds so dreamy few days
Ago,and showing
Her pump volume-This proves
To me that elvie pump is
Gifted,is crap
And is
Not doing a good enough job if Rochelle wants to make sure her boobs empty
Properly in order to make more milk -she's had to go
Purchase another pump. It is such a hard journey, rose tinted glasses haven't stayed on. Glimpse of
Reality in a usually fake world.
my first son had dairy allergy and I chose to give him dairy free formula. Rochelle can and should do whatever she wants to for her baby but she’s sharing her experience, I presume, to let other mums know what their choices might be, so to not even mention the option of dairy free formula and to just slap a ‘breast is best’ caption on her post is irritating.

Reactions: 6
I understand it can be upsetting for someone to see. But it’s like a lot of things - the audience isn’t all going to relate or want to see it. The thing is, someone who’s managed to breastfeed shouldn’t have to hide it either just because others didn’t breastfeed and feel bad about it. I don’t know anyone who’s had an easy ride with it. It’s either gone down the pan or it’s taken off and worked. Everyone’s journey is unique. With my first, oh boy I struggled for weeks it was horrific trying to get it off the ground. It did take off in the end and i was so proud of myself for persevering. Second baby I was definitely at an advantage as I was very knowledgable on how to get it going. I posted the odd Insta photo and will always share the odd interesting/support bf post.
With Rochelle, she’s probably sharing just to put the feelers out for ads and freebies🤦🏼‍♀️. Notice how she’s shared Medela - what TF happened to Elvie? Elvie do bottles too.
I think it’s a difficult subject and on the one hand, it’s her IG and of course she should be able to tell people she’s BF. But when you have a large platform (and I think that by now showing her children when she hadn’t before, she’s aiming at the parent market) then I think you do have a certain responsibility to be more neutral (for want of a better word) and say “fed is best”. Because woman can’t BF - it didn’t work for me - and the failure I felt because “breast is best” was unreal. She has an unobtainable lifestyle but where people might say “I could never afford to buy the stuff she has”, they may say “I SHOULD be able to breastfeed like her”.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Spot on. She’s only telling the bits she wants people to be envious of, especially anything Chanel. Remember the old saying ‘ money can’t buy you class’ she’s a perfect example.

this also proves that as wonderful and amazing and life changing (*eye roll) the elvie pump is it’s clearly not up to the job of producing a lot of milk efficiently. These influencers and celebs who rave about the elvie when they got it free and it costs £400 or something for a double one really makes me mad. Vulnerable new mums who want to do anything they can to feed their kids as best they can think this is something they should invest in only to discover the people raving about it used formula top ups on the side. Which I have no issue with as both my kids were mixed fed.

my first son had dairy allergy and I chose to give him dairy free formula. Rochelle can and should do whatever she wants to for her baby but she’s sharing her experience, I presume, to let other mums know what their choices might be, so to not even mention the option of dairy free formula and to just slap a ‘breast is best’ caption on her post is irritating.
I agree-My daughter too-I've done both,it's all so hard but the term breast is best is going to stir up opinions and the poor
Poor ladies in a mental struggle with their
Choices ,it's such a can of worms she should know better than to
Even label that can of worms in one caption.

Reactions: 2
Her comment... breast is best. She is only a couple weeks in. I get so annoyed. What is with celebs and sharing everything. We get it, you're giving BF a go. I BF so it's not a hurtful subject for me, more just upsetting that she uses that term. Just feed your baby and no need to share this.
She just always comes across as smug doesn’t she, no matter what she’s talking about whether it’s that she managed to shower, some new boots it’s always this smug face. I breastfed so I have no trauma in relation to feeding, but I’m finding her so irritating about the feeding. Is it because she didn’t breastfeed the girls that she’s feeling super flashy/smug about it this time? It’s bizarre, I just don’t know how this woman is successful I cannot find her relatable in any way, wouldn’t want her as a friend. She’s as dull as dishwater.

I love seeing positive messages about breastfeeding on Instagram and I follow lots of extended feeding pages. I do agree it’s her page and she should be proud. But there’s just something about the way she speaks and smirks it’s just smug all the time and patronising.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I thought she did to someone else when she started seeing Marv? I thought she was with a footballer from a low tier team then when she knew Marvin from jls liked her she dumped him but there was a slight overlap between the two? I could be wrong though. I also think (but could be wrong) that when she had their 1st daughter in an interview she said it gave off the vibe that it was Marvin who didn't want their child plastered all over the internet and wanted to keep her private? Plus, I think this was in the days before Instagram & "influencers" took off, then it was more selling your pics & stories to Hello Mag and that and he didn't want that. Always got the vibe she did want it. But maybe him being the main breadwinner cos she wasn't so big earning then & he was the most famous out of them that she went with he wanted. But now, with her various presenting roles & if he has cheated and she found out she maybe now holds the cards and put her foot down and told him they would be posting about their children now? I don't think it's a coincidence they suddenly decided this round about the time she had a children's hair care line to come out. The excuse their cousins were on social media doesn't wash with me, how would their kids know? And if they did why would that bother them. Don't let see that their cousins are on social media, don't show them your social media & they won't know or explain that it's different for them cos you have many fans & possible stalkers so it's best they are kept offline. There's no excuse for cheating, but I do feel Rochelle is materialistic, shallow & braggy. Behind closed doors she may be becoming unbearable to live with, but he seems the type to stay - for his image & his children. I don't think they are the still happily & in love married couple they portray themselves to be. I do agree TV, Movie & entertainment world needs more diversity & representation of black people but I hope more black artists (particularly presenters) become more known as I feel Rochelle only gets gigs cos there's so few of black female presenters to choose from. She's an awful presenter - bland & boring. I had to stop watching the Ninja show as I was fed up of them showing her running alongside the contestants screaming with her facial expressions... Should have showed the family & spectators instead of her so much.
Derailing from the BF subject and going back to this post. I really would like to see some fresh talent from female women of colour in entertainment but two people I can think of I would like to see in Rochelles place are Aj Odudu and Alesha Dixon both beautiful and have big personalities. But I think they definitely go with Rochelle and Marvin because of the family image and sadly we just don’t have other black british celebrity couples. She’s bleeping annoying and doesn’t even deserve her place on TV because she’s completely talentless.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Derailing from the BF subject and going back to this post. I really would like to see some fresh talent from female women of colour in entertainment but two people I can think of I would like to see in Rochelles place are Aj Odudu and Alesha Dixon both beautiful and have big personalities. But I think they definitely go with Rochelle and Marvin because of the family image and sadly we just don’t have other black british celebrity couples. She’s bleeping annoying and doesn’t even deserve her place on TV because she’s completely talentless.
You make a good point. I still can’t believe that out of S Club Juniors and The Saturdays she’s the most successful, she’s so DRY.

Reactions: 9
Spot on. She’s only telling the bits she wants people to be envious of, especially anything Chanel. Remember the old saying ‘ money can’t buy you class’ she’s a perfect example.
Wonder if she’s ever nipped into Primark or Aldi. Would love to know.

Reactions: 2
Wonder if she’s ever nipped into Primark or Aldi. Would love to know.
Definitely, she’d never admit it though!! It’s only in the past couple of years she’s become snooty and a show off imo

Reactions: 8
So apparently going into boots and buying something that’s on offer is ‘embarrassing’, alright Rochelle we know you can afford things full price with all your money and designer clothes...

Reactions: 11
So apparently going into boots and buying something that’s on offer is ‘embarrassing’, alright Rochelle we know you can afford things full price with all your money and designer clothes...
“I bought it because it was on offer how embarrassing ”

Can someone please explain this sentence to me I genuinely don’t understand it 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Well done Rochelle, you’ve said the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard on Instagram. “I bought it because it was on offer, how embarrassing”
WTAF 🤔🤷🏽‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Trying so hard to be relatable but she goes and offends everyone who go and buy something on clearence all the time and says it’s embarrassing

Crikey Rochelle 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

God can this women get any more ridiculous, how embarrassing buying something on offer, 😡

Now she's taking credit that Boots have sold out of the stuff, just waiting now for a ton of the stuff to arrive at her door from Boots as a #gift

I dislike this women more everyday.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.