Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it really upsetting that she is using social media to make fun of her child's handwriting. How is the child going to feel when they see that? No wonder they have behavioural issues, they must have zero self esteem.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ah, but the child is a genius historian, so her handwriting is a mark of achievement.

Spelling, in any language (Old World, New World) is out of fashion, honny

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How’s she getting to Church for Ash Wednesday? Should we expect a disproportionate barrage of twitter abuse to Pope Francis about disabled access?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How’s she getting to Church for Ash Wednesday? Should we expect a disproportionate barrage of twitter abuse to Pope Francis about disabled access?
Every Catholic church I've been to has disabled access. If you need help to get to church then someone in the congregation will help, and certain groups it's part of their mission (eg the lay members of the St Vincent de Paul Society) to assist people to access the Sacraments. However, it has been known for people to complain for the sake of complaining...

• Haha
Not many people are on board with this, out of 21.7k followers

Probably the 11 tweet thread about handbags is the milkshake that brings all the bis to the yard
Isn't there something distasteful about this justgiving? A jokey challenge all about her?

Reactions: 5
Someone said earlier “expect prolific tweeting” and she certainly has been all over the place since the weekend. My favourite was an argument about Dickens. Then the mysterious visit to A and E. And the petition about benefits not being stopped for disabled benefit claimants if they find love.

• Haha
Isn't there something distasteful - about her?
ftfy
too short
---
Every Catholic church I've been to has disabled access. If you need help to get to church then someone in the congregation will help, and certain groups it's part of their mission (eg the lay members of the St Vincent de Paul Society) to assist people to access the Sacraments. However, it has been known for people to complain for the sake of complaining...
The priest will come round and see you! But how could she make that into a disability discrimination rant?

Reactions: 3
Surely I cannot be the only one chortling at her slant on “my kids such a know it all gobshite that she has just been excluded from her favourite lesson”.

I simply can’t imagine where her offspring gets her smug and sanctimonious behaviour from.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The priest will come round and see you! But how could she make that into a disability discrimination rant?
I bet she'd be livid that the priest turned up on his timetable, not hers. Stopping in after saying Mass, on his way to the nursing home, the next church, the hospital, not necessarily on a Sunday, becauce goodness me but priests are busy, won't be good enough for her.

Reactions: 3
I mean my daughter did the stone age in year 3 (aged 7-8) as did other friends kids at other schools so I'm skeptical it actually happened

Reactions: 9
Also really not on from the school. They need to address the behaviour, not exclude them from lessons. Hopefully she's talking shite as per usual.

Depends. If she's saying stuff like 'how stupid are you?', it's definitely a behavioural issue and she'd be less prone to upsetting everybody - and ensuring that nobody likes her - if she's diverted into something she won't be disruptive in.

Although was LO not the home educated one? Sounds like somebody got themselves an Attendance Order if so.

Depends. If she's saying stuff like 'how stupid are you?', it's definitely a behavioural issue and she'd be less prone to upsetting everybody - and ensuring that nobody likes her - if she's diverted into something she won't be disruptive in.

Although was LO not the home educated one? Sounds like somebody got themselves an Attendance Order if so.
I think RN who is secondary age (and more useful at home) has been withheld from school attendance.

Definitely RN in home education.

I wonder how the assignment around Billy Joel's "we didn't start the fire" ended up?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

It’s really difficult to “sit out” a set of lesson
in a primary school class so I’m sceptical about RMs turn of events.

The only time I’ve ever seen it with children who didn’t have their own 1:1 was the occasional child with an injury for PE (generally they’d go along to the hall and still be the “teachers assistant” even if not participating) and the few children whose parents withdrew them from RE/the sex part of PSHE. There was prep in place for the latter, the former you could supervise in the classroom that wasn’t being used by the rest of the class, but having one child out of all of the history time for presumably the rest of term when there’s likely not really anywhere else to put her would be a massive headache for the school… much easier to try to behaviour manage in class.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.