Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I notice there has been another oblique rattle rattle. An entirely improbable list for a chomping trip. Improbable to the point of being a lie (in my opinion, your honour) and I base this on having two kids in Guides and one doing their DofE. That was a bit pricy (Decathlon did alright out of me that week) but we did not need all the things she is saying she needs.

It’s ok though - because apparently the kid can go commando if they run out of pants. Just the ticket for a year 5/6 girl with body confidence issues that’s about to (or already has) hit puberty. Nice one, you ghoul of a woman. Can order sadness junk food and a £12 pack of beer but not a four quid multi pack of pants from the supermarket. 😞
you’re so right. I so hate the trope of “poors shouldn’t have fun or be allowed to indulge” but in my very honest and genuine lived povvo experience, i would much have rather my mam sorted out my teen sanitary type (or clothing where possible) issues than buying a pack of beer. And the way she speaks it’s like she’s always teetering on the edge of not even being able to scrape a meal together.

She claims to be flying the flag for the disadvantaged but she is inadvertently or just brazenly shitting all over it. I really can’t work her out!

ETA i’m sorry if this comes across as crass, just i have lived the genuine not knowing where meals are coming from, not being able to afford ANYTHING, i may be completely off but she somehow makes it appear that it’s her choices at times that leave her kids without, and that’s something that i can not and never will be able to get on board with. imo feeding yourself and kids are absolute non negotiables. new pets, nail varnish and other frivolous tit goes out the window when times are that hard .

Reactions: 13
I'd also say that all these things that are purchased to make them feel better, and because they deserve it... well, they don't seem to make them feel better anyway!

What are we going to use as thread title for #4?
Screenshot_20220607-103207_Notepad Free.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
If her daughter's hair is that ruined, that is her fault for neglect.

She shouldn't have prioritized a 2 hour zoom call over chewing gum in hair; it gets worse with every movement, and with oil, only takes a few minutes to get out.

Perhaps the child has a knotty hair type, like me. Anyone other than my mum (who I inherited my hair from) was really awful to me about my hair simply because it is ugly. They acted like it's appearance was my fault, would accuse me of not brushing it, and when I was little if they brushed it they would painfully rip through it with those hard plastic brushes, I would lose loads of hair and lots would break off. The only thing that goes through my hair is a bristle brush, and it has to be done gently from bottom to top. I have type 2C hair that is very clumpy, frizzy and knotty rather than the glossy uniform waves that is accepted for type 2 hair. It is just ugly/unfashionable. But there is nothing wrong with it, and never was.

• Heart
  • Sad
On a happier note - I believe we have our next #ThreadTitle and it HAS to be RoadsideMum - Utterly Tasteless Exploitation.
Re thread title suggestion - as usual her own words 🙄
Always applicable in her case.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yet I was thinking every single choice on @Wooh s list is just perfect. “where’s the zine, Shakespeare” absolutely takes the biscuit for me. I feel like typing it at the end of every single diatribe in 30 parts that she shares.

BTW -Trigger Warning -Potential sexual abuse.
She has shared a post referring to choking and her wishing the law change could be retroactive. Not gonna screenie it.
Genuine question - why is it that all the grifters have had everything happen to them (among with all the diagnoses that don’t come with visible symptoms). Honest to god, they have, to a woman, histories of every calamity and it makes me feel utterly UTTERLY horrible even questioning why that would be - which, of course is the point, and straight out of Monroes playbook of “shut down the argument by being unquestionable”. It always reminds me of David Brent doing the “How to deal with a complaint” role-play in Training Day and he ends it horribly by saying “I think there’s been a rape”.

Anyway - I am going to go and sit on the naughty step for daring to speak the unspeakable (because I so desperately want to believe all women and I know it is probably because I have just been incredibly lucky in my life - and I am showing my privilege by even saying it out loud. Sorry for the ramble - mods can delete if they want and I would understand.

My new thread title choice is “Where’s the ‘zine, Shakespeare?”

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Screenshot_20220607-114549_Twitter.jpg

Why yes, RSM, they are people too.

As are:

-People who politely disagree with you on Twitter
-Your children's teachers
-Your children
-Other mums at the yacht club
-NHS call handlers
-People who work in kebab shops and speak another language
-Utilita Energy customer service reps
-Other underpaid employees at the various targets of your ire

Anyone I've missed?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 1324828

As are:

-Your children
-NHS call handlers

Anyone I've missed?
BIB probably covers those poor women who ran the Healthy Eating course. All apparently called Lavinia (the hilarity!), all posh and thin, and all shocked by feisty working class hero RSM with her zinging red hot takes on everything.

Her being all #bekind is wierd 😂

• Haha
View attachment 1324828

As are:

-Your children
-NHS call handlers

Anyone I've missed?
Supermarket workers who are probably not taking photos of her walking.

Reactions: 4
Late entry thread title!

Let me tell you in excessive detail
Screenshot_20220609-212501_Chrome.jpg

It's 18 tweets about a broken washing machine. Do you want screenies? Kids ruined the knob, the hurt and suspicion will last for years, Roadside Dad will fix it but psychological warfare will ensue, Tories are bad

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Hi all, I came across this page while Googling because I have followed RSM for ages and always liked her until I saw this on my timeline. Thought it was a mistake but I went to her 'likes' and it was there. Just thought it was interesting that a self-professed Tory-hater is liking tweets from a conservative politician, and I don't think her followers are aware that she holds transphobic views. Honestly considered DMing her to ask if this was some kind of misunderstanding but this thread has really opened my eyes to what she's actually like.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 15
It seems to me that she'd be a lot better off financially if she yeeted her horrid children who keep breaking everything she can't afford to replace.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm a complete slattern and even I can manage to shove clothes in a machine and turn it on.

She'd better watch out or she's going to run out of kitchen appliances she can pretend the kids have broken. She's done the oven and the washing machine, will it be the fridge next?

She's getting a lot of mileage out of this two hour zoom call :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
Hi all, I came across this page while Googling because I have followed RSM for ages and always liked her until I saw this on my timeline. Thought it was a mistake but I went to her 'likes' and it was there. Just thought it was interesting that a self-professed Tory-hater is liking tweets from a conservative politician, and I don't think her followers are aware that she holds transphobic views. Honestly considered DMing her to ask if this was some kind of misunderstanding but this thread has really opened my eyes to what she's actually like.
What the duck

It's not liked now, so clearly she's read this or it was a mistake? Erggh

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The washing machine is fixed. Gosh, Roadsidemum is a knob

Screenshot_20220610-060626_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What the duck

It's not liked now, so clearly she's read this or it was a mistake? Erggh
She does read here - before she had a public row with one of the other minor characters in life’s dramas, RSM admonished her for reacting about things here. It’s some time ago but there are receipts knocking about somewhere here. They read avidly and quietly (and, in the case of a minor drama queen, not so quietly) fume about our presence.

Hi Molly,

nice to have you here!

she isn’t for the faint hearted, and, as evidenced even today, there isn’t as much jollity here as over on the mother thread (RSM is borderline abusive in my humble opinion and there’s no jolly japes like literally lying whilst pretending you literally can’t lie)… but you will certainly have your eyes opened to how easy it is to cream off anything from £6k to £60k in a matter of days/weeks when pretending to write a book, so there is that!

oh, and you will also see how easy it is to get any and everything paid for by well meaning and gullible people - it’s quite astonishing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
The first two threads were hilarious, because there were many dramatic peacocks amongst the turkeys.

Teachers doing a difficult job during the pandemic, too

Teachers doing a difficult job during the pandemic, too

Reactions: 3
‘As I walk down the High Street, working class old men hide in alleyways. They possess no teeth, making noise like snails on the Doritos which I cannot afford and remind me I must make do with supermarket only brands. I pull my children, Reg and Ron, behind me. They fight, like Katie Price’s knockers in a crop top, wailing ‘feed me, mama’. We enter an Iceland, it’s dim light like the industrial factories of yore, that once were here, but are no more. Where the sales assistants scrabble the hide the chicken kormas from my gnarled hands and the patrons move slowly round the aisles on mobility scooters like dodgems in a fairground. I check my pocket for loose change to feed my undernourished bairns, but realise I only have enough to buy myself a double sausage and egg McMuffin on Monday morning whence my charges will offloaded to other caretakers. A sly smile cracks my countenance as I recall an apple I threw in the bin the day before and think, ‘nay, you shall not go hungry today, my feral offspring. Not today’.’

That’ll be 250 quid, thanks.
This post lives rent free in my head.

It's honestly genius.

• Haha
  • Heart
RSM: "the kids paint the knob with nail varnish sometimes"
Washing Machine: *knob won't turn because it's stuck with nail varnish*
RSM:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.