Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unless the kid has some additional needs, like sensory issues with brushing her hair, there’s no need for it to get into the state where it has to be cut off in the first place. I think RN is still primary? So it’s down to RSM to make sure she’s brushing her hair properly, not let it get so tangled that the only option is to cut it off. I mean, surely that’s weeks if not months worth of neglect. That poor kid having her for a mother. She’s a lazy and abusive vile hag.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That's abuse. Why is she so cruel?

Not so long ago, in Catholic Ireland, the church would often separate families, taking children into orphanages if the parish priest deemed the parents couldn't care for them (often happened if one parent passed away for example). It happened to a relative of mine, she was taken away around age 5 to the nuns after her mother died in childbirth. Her father had put her hair in two ponytails. When she arrived to the nuns she was understandably upset and crying for her mother. One nun decided to cut off one of the ponytails to teach her a lesson of some sort? A cruel, spiteful, vicious act and one that immediately that sprung to mind reading RSM's tweet. No doubt RSM feels completely justified in her actions. Odious woman.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Unless the kid has some additional needs, like sensory issues with brushing her hair, there’s no need for it to get into the state where it has to be cut off in the first place. I think RN is still primary? So it’s down to RSM to make sure she’s brushing her hair properly, not let it get so tangled that the only option is to cut it off. I mean, surely that’s weeks if not months worth of neglect. That poor kid having her for a mother. She’s a lazy and abusive vile hag.
If it’s true and RN tells their teacher the reason behind the haircut, RSM will have social services knocking on her door shortly.

Especially if, as she’s hinted (maybe outright said?) before, she’s already on their radar.

Reactions: 9
There's a bit more to the thread which provides context

Screenshot_20220606-052053_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220606-052112_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220606-052129_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220606-052251_Chrome.jpg

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
If it’s true and RN tells their teacher the reason behind the haircut, RSM will have social services knocking on her door shortly.
Unlikely unless things have hugely changed

I had a similar adopted mother and despite pre adoption reports suggesting the adoption not go ahead it did

it was on a Brownie trip they found all the tangles in my very thick hair I was too small to brush it properly and my mother never bothered

it would need to be more to get SS involved IME

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Could these screenies be put behind a spoiler for a content warning for parental abuse? Sorry I can't read it any other way.
Almost all of the extra context would just provide more cause for concern IMO.

IF they are really absolutely so incapable of looking after it that it ends like she says, with chunks cut out etc, then cutting it short would not be the worst thing in the world if it’s a decent/normal style (ie not skinhead on a girl, not obvious bowl cut to humiliate the child, basically neatly done) but letting it get to the described state and only noticing then is absolutely a massive red flag for neglect.

Reactions: 12
Perhaps be an adult and parent your child. This is horrible.

I don’t understand why they need to have their hair tied up when they sleep?

Reactions: 11
There's a bit more to the thread which provides context

View attachment 1320800
[/SPOILER]View attachment 1320801
View attachment 1320805View attachment 1320806
Hmmm. I don't see how she thinks this justifies her earlier tweets? Maybe the child wouldn't 'wreck' their hair if they weren't so regularly treated to RSM's outbursts. Hair damage could be a stress release or a method of control for a traumatised child. Honestly, she's just awful.

Reactions: 14
Unlikely unless things have hugely changed

I had a similar adopted mother and despite pre adoption reports suggesting the adoption not go ahead it did

it was on a Brownie trip they found all the tangles in my very thick hair I was too small to brush it properly and my mother never bothered

it would need to be more to get SS involved IME
She’s hinted before that there’s been previous involvement and she tells stories as if the kids are carers (if this is true, even if unofficial the teachers will know) both of which make SS involvement more likely. It depends where she lives, the services vary wildly but the teachers would be expected to report it and SS should at least make an attempt to follow it up if it is.

Things have changed quite a lot in the last ten years, there are still horror stories and stories like yours but they are getting fewer. Of course even one is still too many though and I’m really sorry that happened to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I definitely think context is important - thanks Wooh for the follow up tweets. Thing is, I think even she thought her first two tweets might come across as unhinged verging on abuse and only followed up after reconsidering her first two tweets. So, for me, the context is she crossed a line and is now trying to add information to dilute her awfulness.

I have my fingers crossed it’s all attention seeking nonsense as most of her drivel is.

Reactions: 13
Yes exactly @FlashBoof, fingers crossed it's just RSM angrily tweeting nonsense to herself after feeling het up about one of the kids' hair getting tangled. Or even better, the whole thing's a lie!

Could these screenies be put behind a spoiler for a content warning for parental abuse? Sorry I can't read it any other way.
My apologies for upsetting you, I'm sorry I didn't think of that

On a lighter note, RSM being lovely to her followers as usual
Screenshot_20220606-082141_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220606-082212_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
My apologies for upsetting you, I'm sorry I didn't think of that

On a lighter note, RSM being lovely to her followers as usual
View attachment 1321327
Hey of course you didn't upset me at all. It was RSMs words. You can be both caring and exasperated, but this was a tirade of contempt.

Sorry if I've accidentally tagged anyone while trying to form my thoughts in unfinished posts

Reactions: 7
Just want to circle back to the “two hour zoom meeting” she casually dropped in to that vile thread of nonsense… would bloody love to know what that was about… Just chucking a few ideas out there but it’s gotta be something on the lines of

(a) Iceland board of directors- problematic korma
(b) Catherine- Let me in the boat club pls
(c) Zine contributors - Where is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Blimey. Now RSM (in another hopes to go viral 15-tweet thread about food) reminds us that children need, nay, MUST, feel your loyalty. Pick a lane, lovey.

Screenshot_20220606-110754_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220606-111316_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel like she must know that her previous rant didn’t land like she perhaps thought it might, so this appears to be an extremely transparent attempt at reminding people she is a good person/mum. (She is neither)

Wowww that was a chilling read. I am a teacher and if a child told me or any other teacher that their parent cut their hair off as a punishment, it would be an immediate report to the safeguarding lead...

If the childs hair genuinely was damaged beyond repair and the only solution was to cut it all, I'd expect sadness from the parent, rather than whatever bizarre emotion that was...

Reactions: 20
Wowww that was a chilling read. I am a teacher and if a child told me or any other teacher that their parent cut their hair off as a punishment, it would be an immediate report to the safeguarding lead...

If the childs hair genuinely was damaged beyond repair and the only solution was to cut it all, I'd expect sadness from the parent, rather than whatever bizarre emotion that was...
Also can't lack of interest in personal appearance or hygiene be a symptom of other things eg depression?
I don't know how old this poor child is but wouldn't a caring parent try to work out if something else is going on?
Knowing what a dreadful parent RSM seems to be she would probably resent her children having MH struggles. Takes attention away from her.

Reactions: 13
I notice there has been another oblique rattle rattle. An entirely improbable list for a chomping trip. Improbable to the point of being a lie (in my opinion, your honour) and I base this on having two kids in Guides and one doing their DofE. That was a bit pricy (Decathlon did alright out of me that week) but we did not need all the things she is saying she needs.

It’s ok though - because apparently the kid can go commando if they run out of pants. Just the ticket for a year 5/6 girl with body confidence issues that’s about to (or already has) hit puberty. Nice one, you ghoul of a woman. Can order sadness junk food and a £12 pack of beer but not a four quid multi pack of pants from the supermarket. 😞

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.