Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TeaLover49

Rio makes me sick. I have cancer of bowel, so have a stoma bag. I'm also incontinent, so wear pads.
When my boyfriend came with me to all my hospital appointments, admissions and chemotherapy sessions, I asked him did he still want to be with me because my sex life with him is over.
I've had leaks and accidents. I'm embarrassed and ashamed. I'm 49 and in a care home with months to live. I haven't seen him since March as care home is on lockdown, so no visitors allowed, not even my daughter.
And yet he still wants us to get married. He surprises me by buying me gifts delivered to me (massive smart TV, a huge Teddy bear, clothes and underwear-coz I go through a lot.) He says he never wants to loose me. We've been together 7 years this month. He calls me, he calls my daughter, he calls care home.
He sees what I went through before going into care home and has helped me so much.
When I had operation for stoma bag, he wanted to see it. I broke down and didn't want to for fear of putting him off me. But he wasn't disgusted. He knew operation saved me.
I almost died last summer (daughter saved my life) and he refused to leave my hospital room. I was there a week.
I'm a lucky, lucky lady. I've a boyfriend who just worries about me, which I hate because I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and grow old with each other.
Before going into care home, he used to love running round hospital grounds with me in wheelchair, frightening the crap out of me (handy, with a stoma bag LOL!)
To think Rio played around while his wife, the mother of his children, was dieing shows he's just got no heart, no compassion, no feelings whatsoever.
I keep fighting though. I will see boyfriend hopefully soon, and spend proper quality time together. I had lost weight, but put more on. Cancer has spread, I'm on so much medication. But I will see him, and daughter, again soon.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 243

HH43

My friend was seeing rio for a long time before she found out he was cheating on her, with Kate and two others - with Kate a long time before my friend met him. I can tell you I’ve heard him on the phone to her, I’ve seen the messages and things he said about her and cheating on her, and some horrible things he said about other people. Don’t believe the image they portray - he is a nasty individual and a narcissist- he blamed all of his appalling behaviour on his wife passing, but you’ll see (as she did after leaving him) that he was at a music festival only a week or so after his wife died... he’s stone cold. He cheated just before their wedding...but works very hard to improve his saintly persona. I know my friend cared for him, and was with him, Even though most sensible people wouldn’t go near him, but he promised her the world (obviously) she met his sons and family - all very privately - even when he suggested they go public - the way he treated her throughout and when the affair broke, was nothing short of disgusting. I read news about the affairs, the violent attacks on women (guardian)... he’s a bit of work and a serial cheat - which was proven in the high court. The stories I could tell you!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 138

Chinwag

Remember him never claiming his wife publicly until she was dead.

Constantly cheated on her, orgies, prostitutes, girls on the side, high court injunctions/gagging orders the lot.

Then comes out when she’s dead and starts playing the devoted grieving husband, haha fuck off.

Girls talk to their mates, story goes Kate was the lucky (ha!) side piece that got promoted.

He went for the one who was simple enough to keep in her place while fitting in with the household and keeping her weight down and can glam it up enough to fit his trophy wife goal.

Kate is in for a lifetime of mistreatment, cheating, emotional loneliness and heartbreak nothing to envy there.

Kate unfollowed him and was posting subliminal messages at him via social media days before their
wedding.

He’s made her give everything up in return for a ring and nice house basically like i said above, nothing to envy there.

Hope Kate leaves and finds someone decent, but she’ll probably waste her life with him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 95

DoctorWho

Chatty Member
Absolutely DISGUSTING excuse for a man!! I know of girls that have slept with him when his wife was dying.

kate is just a fame hungry desperate cunt . I pity her!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

Chinwag

Oh god just remembering how Kate actually put out a public statement that she was “drawing back from public life” to focus on her private life with Rio, like she was someone super important or an A lister. She was literally just quitting TOWIE.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70

WallacesDog

My friend was seeing rio for a long time before she found out he was cheating on her, with Kate and two others - with Kate a long time before my friend met him. I can tell you I’ve heard him on the phone to her, I’ve seen the messages and things he said about her and cheating on her, and some horrible things he said about other people. Don’t believe the image they portray - he is a nasty individual and a narcissist- he blamed all of his appalling behaviour on his wife passing, but you’ll see (as she did after leaving him) that he was at a music festival only a week or so after his wife died... he’s stone cold. He cheated just before their wedding...but works very hard to improve his saintly persona. I know my friend cared for him, and was with him, Even though most sensible people wouldn’t go near him, but he promised her the world (obviously) she met his sons and family - all very privately - even when he suggested they go public - the way he treated her throughout and when the affair broke, was nothing short of disgusting. I read news about the affairs, the violent attacks on women (guardian)... he’s a bit of work and a serial cheat - which was proven in the high court. The stories I could tell you!
Is she cabin crew?
I've heard of the girl (FOAF) crew who was his booty call before during and after his first wife.
she had the gall to contact him when the poor woman died to "offer her condolences" they ended up hooking up 🤢
I incredulously watched his documentary on his loss. Poor, poor children.
I have no sympathy for the current wife.
You lose them how you win them.

I hope so as does he. Not a big wedding, something small like we always wanted. But the way things are, we have no idea. Which is why I'm trying so hard to fight this, to eat properly (though I have lost a lot of weight) and to walk around as much as possible (as cancer started from bowel to lungs then pelvis now down my left leg) with my zimmer frame.
Everytime he calls me, he says he can't wait to be with me, as we've never been apart this long. But, as they say, absence makes the heart grow stronger.
It's the thought of being able to cuddle my daughter and boyfriend is what keeps me going.
What Rio has put his children through makes me sick to my stomach. And one day, they will find out what a sleaze bag their father is.
Thank you for sharing here and at the very, very least adding context and comparison to the Ferdinand Story.
I say the very least as you have stopped many of us in our tracks.
There are few words of comfort from strangers behind a screen. I just want you to know FWIW that I truly believe that in this life, the love we make is the love we take.
Energy cannot be destroyed, just transformed.
That immeasurable unconditional love you share will go on.
Best wishes tea lover. Thanks again for sharing your story. Don't give that Ferdinand another thought now, he doesn't deserve another second of your head space.
Concentrate on all that love you have from your adoring partner and daughter x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

TeaLover49

Big, big hugs and love to you all. Thank you for your kind words. It's things like this that keeps me going. Yes, I am a very fortunate person to have someone as wonderful as my boyfriend (he used to be my boss in security, so he's finding it difficult seeing me go from being fit and active to needing a zimmer frame and wheelchair).
It's just really heartless what Rio does with so many women. Not giving a damn about how this could affect his children. They lost their mum in such a tragic way at such young ages and yet he just cannot man up and be a dad to them, to support them, to be there for them.
I was married for 19 years and 9 years ago my husband just collapsed and died in front of me and my daughter at home. She was 14. It was so sudden. So cruel. No goodbyes, nothing. And she was utterly heartbroken. And I was there for her every step of the way, because I didn't want her to suffer.
I met boyfriend 16 months after husband died. And that was through work. I wasn't looking for love or a relationship. But me and him just clicked. My husband was a widower and said if anything should happen to him, for me not to be alone as I have a lot of love to give.
She gets on brilliantly with boyfriend. Sometimes they gang up against me. They laugh so heartedly, it cheers my heart. Their birthdays are a day apart too.
But after husband died, I didn't dare think I could feel this way, especially after 19 very happy years. And I couldn't do that to my girl. But she likes him, my dog (who died 2 years ago) liked him. So I knew I had their approval.
I don't know how Rio can look in the mirror, look at his children and not feel anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Mancnet

VIP Member
I worked with someone who used to shag Rio when his wife was still alive. It was all a bit seedy as to where they met up and she also shagged a few other footballers so not sure if he was passing her around. She’s got a child now...no father on the scene but seems to have a fair bit of money to splash about.....

• Wow
Reactions: 65

Elledoc82

VIP Member
I really don’t get the attraction to him. The absolute state of him he was lucky enough to get one wife, how the fuck did he have the cheek to cheat on her? Let alone all the other shit he got up to. He treated his late wife like shit even on her deathbed, now him and Kate have the cheek to use her death to cash in and play the roll of doting parent/stepparent to her children. The pair of them have no shame, I just hope the children are genuinely happy, feel secure and well loved.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Ezra84

I watched the video they released telling the kids she’s pregnant. And it’s so clear how happy those kids are and how they are happy at that news. Such a lovely film.
Whatever I think of him I hope those kids enjoy the time with their new sibling. They must really love Kate regardless of how we think/feel

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Nelly

He was in his car next to me at the traffic lights, it was not Kate sitting in the front passenger seat, it was a dark haired and duck lipped woman, he turned left I went straight ahead, this was before lockdown.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 63

CrystalM

absolutely loving this thread.
As an old friend of Kate’s (back in the towie days) all I can say is, she looks like the hired help of the family. Her and Rio aren’t in a happy marriage, she’s just landed on her feet in terms of money and a ready made family. He’s never there, he’s always away “working”, doing god know what with god knows who, and I think the saddest part of all of that is, Kate knows. She just settles for it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

TeaLover49

Thank you for sharing your story. You both sound like a remarkable couple. Will you have the chance to marry, do you think?
I hope so as does he. Not a big wedding, something small like we always wanted. But the way things are, we have no idea. Which is why I'm trying so hard to fight this, to eat properly (though I have lost a lot of weight) and to walk around as much as possible (as cancer started from bowel to lungs then pelvis now down my left leg) with my zimmer frame.
Everytime he calls me, he says he can't wait to be with me, as we've never been apart this long. But, as they say, absence makes the heart grow stronger.
It's the thought of being able to cuddle my daughter and boyfriend is what keeps me going.
What Rio has put his children through makes me sick to my stomach. And one day, they will find out what a sleaze bag their father is.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Raininvain

VIP Member
Hes been noted for being a serial cheat for years, loads of women have been to the papers and its been printed. I remember one woman saying that she had been seeing him for ages and had an abortion to him. When she met up with him all her could say to her was do you want to see my penis?. Its not right that the BBC do all these sickening programmes about him and his life. Fuck right off. Its disgraceful, hes such a cunt. I don't get the attraction hes a dog but hes rich and famous.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Ladyloulou35

It’s his wonky lips that turn me off, as well as the fact that he is serial cheater, liar and all round arsehole.

• Haha
Reactions: 57

DoctorWho

Chatty Member
When I watched the Kate and Rio documentary then I couldn’t believe that Kate kept crying and I did wonder how on earth she can say she is so happy when she cries all the time, she just seemed to me to be the nanny, the chef and the cleaner and I didn’t like his Dad either, his behaviour has to have come from somewhere and I am blaming Dad.
id cry too if I was married to that ugly bastard x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

AngryBird101

VIP Member
When I watched the Kate and Rio documentary then I couldn’t believe that Kate kept crying and I did wonder how on earth she can say she is so happy when she cries all the time, she just seemed to me to be the nanny, the chef and the cleaner and I didn’t like his Dad either, his behaviour has to have come from somewhere and I am blaming Dad.

• Sad
Reactions: 51
I do believe that the wee girl said that, kids say the funniest things and I don’t think Kate would tell a lie like that in all honesty, the little girls mum is dead and I just can’t see it.
Kate filmed the little girl crying for her dead mummy, at her grave, pushing her towards the mic and asking her to repeat what she said - all so people could hear it. Can you imagine doing that to a child?????? That wasn’t accidental: the whole thing was an intrusive desperate bid to be liked and get paid. All the daily mail commenters hated it and there were so many complaints. I wonder how much of their fee went to charity? Or to the salary’s of the the people who cared for her?!! Don’t be so naive. They filmed the kids being told pictures of their mother would be taken down!!! Talk about PRIVATE AND NOT FOR SHARING. It was all utterly unnecessary and quite disgusting - complete violation of trust and care for kids who DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM... they still believe in Santa for goodness sake!!!!. LET THE KIDS GRIVE ALONE. Their mum was never in the public eye - respect that! they could have done 100 things privately but chose to film it and sell it. The kids are clearly pawns in a sick game.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51