Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HaggisInMyBin

Chatty Member
The attempt to brighten up the kitchen with the daffodils on the counter made me laugh
Rightly or wrongly, this makes me sad. There’s a child’s bed in the living room but it’s listed as a 3 bed property. The master bedroom is relatively tidy but the other 2 bedrooms seem to be used as storage so the child has no bedroom.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Al Fresco

VIP Member
Twice we were shown around flats a few years ago and the owner/tenant was asleep in bed, curtains drawn and everything.😬

• Haha
  • Wow

Libbie

VIP Member
  • Heart

Libbie

VIP Member
Hahaha, what hilariously bad taste. Those green floor tiles are pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen. I also notice on the map the house is closer to Oldham than Ashton-Under-Lyne. Presumably it would have ruined the owners delusions of grandeur to have the estate agent describe their house as being in Oldham.
I was shocked, barn conversion interior it is not! It looks like the Changing Rooms cast have had a go at it!!! 😂

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
This thread is giving me some relief when I’m getting increasingly angry with house hunting currently 👏🏽 Sadly I didn’t get a screen shot of the one that had framed pictures of Steve Irwin in the living room.
Nothing on your guys level but this below ‘set back from the road’ and ‘well proportioned🤬 kitchen is a hallway, bedroom 2 is 11’6 x 4’8” and the bedrooms lead into each other - £170k madness

7426DF00-2B53-4591-AD6A-82F83CB70695.jpeg
20F7DB9B-C051-46A9-B7FF-BF9B891A14DA.jpeg
78042464-AA9D-46CE-A185-685C87776480.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
I never thought about having a shower in the corner of a bedroom like this, anyone know the likely reason?
It's either swingers (obviously, there's a lot of those on Rightmove) or the Mumsnet Penis Beaker has had an upgrade

• Haha

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
I love this thread. There's some absolute bloody horrors out there and I honestly have to wonder how some houses get in that state.

Our dearly departed boy managed to take pride of place in 2 photos when we sold our house :LOL:

Attachments

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Spacious two bedroom end terrace in a highly sought after location offering excellent development potential. Recent sales of similarly sized properties nearby in good condition have reached superb prices. The house requires a complete refurbishment and is priced competitively to sell hence cash buy only.

The house requires a full refurbishment, and due to the condition is currently uninhabitable, non mortgageable and therefore a cash buy only, sold as seen, and unsafe for viewings. Starting price 99k.

The area isn't actually that great either 😅

View attachment 996517View attachment 996518View attachment 996519View attachment 996520View attachment 996521View attachment 996522View attachment 996523View attachment 996524View attachment 996525View attachment 996526View attachment 996527
How do you let your house get into this state?! Surely it’s hazardous to live in a house like this?

Reactions: 17

50sGirl

VIP Member
The freezer light is still on, so does that mean someone has been/is still living there?! 😱

I think overages should be stopped. Imho they’re basically saying “I can’t be arsed to develop the land but if you decided to do the work then I want part of the profits!” Develop it yourself or sell and let go. They want both their cake and to eat it.

Reactions: 17