Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
So I got a bit bored while my baby naps and created a compilation of our dream property (hope no one takes offence it’s just a bit of fun)

sort after location
Low maintenance garden
Original features
Spacious family lounge
Possibly a kitchen / wheelie bin storage area
Sweeping stair case
Main bathroom in need of modernising
Mesazzine master suite with en-suite with clever use of space
Two generous guest bedrooms
Viewing essential

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

littlepup

VIP Member
This isn’t the end of the world it’s just a bit odd.
The rest of the house is pretty normal then the bath has a matching wardrobe!?
8D484340-B4E3-436F-A523-81AB4012DF07.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29

AsHagrid

"We are proud to bring to the market this three-bedroom one bathroom semi-detached family home." Are you, though?? :sick:

Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 11.52.56.png

• Haha
Reactions: 29

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Could you even fit a single bed in that?

Years ago in work we used to have a monthly competition to find the most awful houses on rightmove. Winners were the purple monstrosity and the house with a shrine in the garden. 😂

edit to add a link to the purple monstrosity. www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2013/nov/18/looking-to-mauve-house
Bleurgh that's horrific but I'm biased because I hate the colour purple, by far my least favourite colour after grey.

Anyone remember this one that was doing the rounds this time last year, with the body buried in the garden?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
None at the moment but I'll post when I see one. I'm thoroughly fed up of all the estate agent cliches though when describing houses, it's like when someone starts work at an estate agent are they handed a sheet with all the stock phrases they must use in their adverts?
- In need of modernisation
- Well presented
- Located in the ever popular x
- Viewing advised (stating the obvious)
- The discernible buyer
- Properties are always "boasting" something - boasting period features etc

• Haha
Reactions: 27
A different kind of gem but I love seeing pets in house photos 🥰 look at this cutie!

This cat is beautiful. I hope it’s the cats bedroom…no one else allowed.

It’s not my style of room but it’s well done. Share away any more cute pets. Made my night.

Can you remember when someone saw their cat in next doors photos when the house went up for sale. Was all over social media at one point!

E7CAB363-C294-4392-8D3D-C2B91C703CD2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Ah man I hope this thread takes off. I’ve seen some right comedy properties. Going to get on Rightmove and have a look 😂 the best one I’ve seen was someone’s lounge where they painted a fresco on the ceiling ffs

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

BelleAmie

VIP Member
I can never understand people not tidying up before the estate agent comes round to take photos! Makes a bit more sense in rentals (tenant is leaving doesn’t care less) but if you’re trying to sell your home why is it a mess 😭
That’s what I used to think. But then I thought - what if they did tidy and it was actually worse before?! 😟

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

TicketyTock

Anyone with a spare £225k for this one bed 408 ft gatehouse in York at the entrance to Grimston Park Estate ?

View attachment 1042227
View attachment 1042229

View attachment 1042236

This sounds mad but I actually like that !

• Heart
Reactions: 24