Rightmove gems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this house in south london is very cool but the low ceilings make me feel so claustrophobic!

Fascinating! What a weird house, I don't quite get it. It looks as if it's been squatted in for a bit, but maybe I am just not familiar with south London chic.

Agree re the low ceilings - it all feels CRAMPED, especially the garden. Not much outside space for two million quid!

Reactions: 5
Fascinating! What a weird house, I don't quite get it. It looks as if it's been squatted in for a bit, but maybe I am just not familiar with south London chic.

Agree re the low ceilings - it all feels CRAMPED, especially the garden. Not much outside space for two million quid!
And especially with those low hanging lights, just emphasises the low ceilings. It is weird because I imagine it is a pretty old building which usually have high ish ceilings. I live in a new build which has low ceilings but even then not that low!

Reactions: 3
That is so weird!
Why would you have 3x hot tubs? In the brochure it's reference as a family spa room.
Very odd.
Also why has one of the bedrooms got 2x double beds in? And in photo 5 there was one of those emergency exit signs like you have in public buildings.
The hot tubs don't even match 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
this house in south london is very cool but the low ceilings make me feel so claustrophobic!

That's fantastically colourful and quirky (I hate that word!) without being tit, in my opinion. But £2million is insane. I don't know anything about London prices, but I doubt something that size would be more than £700k here.

That's fantastically colourful and quirky (I hate that word!) without being tit, in my opinion. But £2million is insane. I don't know anything about London prices, but I doubt something that size would be more than £700k here.
No even for London prices that is mad for the area. I live nearby and I assume the property has been or will be on the market for ages with the estate agent trying to convince viewings that Deptford is up and coming and about tomorrow triple.in price. From.the decor i assume the tenants are artists who lived there because it was (relatively) cheap and the owners are now trying to sell it hoping they can make loads of money

• Heart
Reactions: 9
some of Peckham is so bougie now. though not where my mum lives!
here’s a much better use of 2 million quid in the same area. Another artist house. love the garden
That is beautiful! Most definitely lived in by a gay man - I'm seeing a painterly version of Nigel Slater inhabiting that. Beautiful - I particularly like the bookshelves in the bathroom.

That is beautiful! Most definitely lived in by a gay man - I'm seeing a painterly version of Nigel Slater inhabiting that. Beautiful - I particularly like the bookshelves in the bathroom.
I love all the books.
Not entirely sure about some of the colour combinations, the stairs in particular I'm not a fan of the red and yellow. And the kitchen looks too sterile.
Lovely garden though.
The owner has turned a nice profit as well, that house was bought for £363k in 2002 :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: 7

I don’t mind this but A) everything looks grubby - whoever buys it will need to give it a proper fumigation!
B) Mr Lazarus used to be a painter and decorator, as such every room in our house has been prepped, sanded, and fully ready for paint before the brushes have come out of the shed.
As a result I can spot a tit paint job from 50 paces - every room in this house has a tit paint job. When I look at houses now, I think ‘how much work would Mr Laz need to put into this to bring it to his standards’ and for this one it’s a lot. Our home isn’t decorated to everyone’s taste, but everyone who’s been in it comments on the finish of the paintwork 😂
Ours is Victorian. He took a burner to every single doorframe, skirting board and dado rail, scraped off every piece of paint or varnish, bringing them back to their original wood before painting them. Total pain in the tit but worth it so that our house doesn’t look like this!

Reactions: 8
A little too close in proximity to the neighbours, but this is lovely 😍

---
I enjoy seeing homes that belong to architects

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1

I found a lot to like about it, just not those perilously high outside bar stools, far too casually placed near the terrace wall. I see certain death in every photo they appear in (which seemed to be every third photo or so, weirdly).

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.