Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're not alone - my boy is 11 weeks and I'm breastfeeding him after a rough start. There have been a few times where I've fed him in public and I confess I thought I would be more shy about the whole thing. But there's a big difference between feeding your child in public when they need it and whipping out a camera to film the event. There's something about the way some influencers show off when breastfeeding that comes across as extremely smug and attention-seeking. Would she have filmed the same scenario if her boy was bottle-fed? Doubt it.
Yes,where are the influencers whipping out the iPhone to video themselves bottle feeding? The smugness with these people is unreal. Breastfeeding your baby does not make you a better parent. I’m also an advocate for fed is best and don’t understand why if you need to feed your child that the Instagram story can’t wait until you are finished? What point are they trying to prove with breastfeeding while recording? It’s pathetic.

Reactions: 6
Yes,where are the influencers whipping out the iPhone to video themselves bottle feeding? The smugness with these people is unreal. Breastfeeding your baby does not make you a better parent. I’m also an advocate for fed is best and don’t understand why if you need to feed your child that the Instagram story can’t wait until you are finished? What point are they trying to prove with breastfeeding while recording? It’s pathetic.
There was utter uproar on The Positive Birth Company’s post about fed is best, I honestly can’t understand why some people get their knickers in a twist!

I think Rhi is trying to project an earth mother image with the breastfeeding, especially as her birth didn’t go to plan. I was honestly expecting her to be bragging about having a 10 minute Labour with zero pain relief, probably in the middle of a forest or something 😂 so maybe that’s why she is overcompensating?

I also find her admission about baking odd (thouhh maybe I’m jealous, as the mother of a newborn Ibadekt have time to take a shower let alone bake 😂🙀)

Reactions: 2
There was utter uproar on The Positive Birth Company’s post about fed is best, I honestly can’t understand why some people get their knickers in a twist!

I think Rhi is trying to project an earth mother image with the breastfeeding, especially as her birth didn’t go to plan. I was honestly expecting her to be bragging about having a 10 minute Labour with zero pain relief, probably in the middle of a forest or something 😂 so maybe that’s why she is overcompensating?

I also find her admission about baking odd (thouhh maybe I’m jealous, as the mother of a newborn Ibadekt have time to take a shower let alone bake 😂🙀)
Jesus I went and read a few of the comments on the PBC post-yikes! Really got some peoples back up! Glad she didn’t take it down though,some people were just going crazy!!

I think giving the small amounts of info Rhiannon has given about her birth I really think she could have done with some time offjust to get over things-it did sound like a bad birth. I had a straight forward,all be it very long birth,but was still pretty traumatised by it!’

Ahhhh so now we know why Rhiannon has been dropping her little hints about her traumatising birth story. It’s to create interest in the series finale of her podcast all about her birth story! You know, the one she’s been too traumatised to talk about.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ahhhh so now we know why Rhiannon has been dropping her little hints about her traumatising birth story. It’s to create interest in the series finale of her podcast all about her birth story! You know, the one she’s been too traumatised to talk about.
Oh ffs I should have seen this coming :ROFLMAO: also I just watched those stories and find it so weird that she's sat in a busy park filming herself talking about her podcast and birth story. Surely the people nearby must be thinking she's a bit of a twit? Granted the whole vlogger thing hasn't really come to my area but I'm pretty sure I'd have people laughing at me if I went and did that round here!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Her podcast is called food for thought,why does she feel the need to discuss her birth story on it?! So cringey,is nothing sacred ffs

Her podcast is called food for thought,why does she feel the need to discuss her birth story on it?! So cringey,is nothing sacred ffs
Such a narcissist 😂 could go on any of those mummy podcasts and chat about it instead but Shes choosing to do it on her own podcast which is meant to be about nutrition?!
Lol sorry what Is she thinking.

Reactions: 3
Such a narcissist 😂 could go on any of those mummy podcasts and chat about it instead but Shes choosing to do it on her own podcast which is meant to be about nutrition?!
Lol sorry what Is she thinking.
Perhaps she likes her banana bread and blueberry muffins with a side of placenta

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can’t be bothered to listen - does anyone want to give a summary!? 😂
I thought I'd take one for the team and listen (need a bit of a distraction at the moment). I'm 40 seconds in and I have so many regrets. So far it's just a massive ad for a pushchair - her Bugaboo has "become part of the family" jesus christ :rolleyes:

Update: within the first 2 mins she's referred to herself as a best-selling author and founder of London's leading nutrition clinic. The music is also ridiculously annoying.

Another update: this is stupidly petty but I wish she'd learn to pronounce birth (not birfff) if she's going to talk about it for an entire hour.

Don’t get me wrong, Having forceps in theatre is a horrible experience. Many of my friends have had this situation (although not in the middle of a pandemic which I’m sure heightens things) but is that it?
What about the part where the medical team ‘brought her exhausted body back to life’ like she mentioned in her thank you nhs *cough - massive teaser for her podcast -cough* post.
It’s never nice when things don’t go to plan, but she thought doing yoga while she was pregnant meant she would have the perfect labour and life just isn’t like that. I’m sure her birth was long, tiring and painful but so are most births that do go to plan.
Forceps in theatre is not ‘traumatising’ watching your newborn being resuscitated in front of you and casually being told that if you hadn’t gone to hospital for reduced movement that day your baby would be dead is.
I haven’t listened to the podcast so if there’s more to it than that and I’m wrong then fine but isn’t it weird that every minor celebrity/reality star/influencer has a horrific birth story that they milk for all it’s worth.

Having forceps, on the surface of it, may not seem traumatic. But I assure you, it can be. 5 years later, I am still troubled by my labour and I still cant look at my sons baby pictures without crying.

Id imagine it was not being informed that compounded her feelings; not having the process explained. I personally had a doctor shout at me for consent, after calling me the wrong name. Its layered.

I just skipped through it so don’t have the exact details but it went something like this:
- she was planning on a hypnobirth at home but she ended up in hospital when her waters didn’t break fully. Things weren’t progressing after a few hours so they did a forceps birth (I think, wasn’t listening properly). After the birth she said she hadn’t slept for about 3 days and was hearing voices thinking the staff were telling her she was a bad mum and would take the baby from her. It was some sort of psychosis and she had to have therapy for it but it’s gone away now.
Oh and she also had an episiotomy. she cried several times during the podcast and it all just seemed very self indulgent

Id imagine it was not being informed that compounded her feelings; not having the process explained. I personally had a doctor shout at me for consent, after calling me the wrong name. Its layered.
She put in her thank you nhs post thanking the consultant obstetrician for her clarity in sharing the action plan so I think she was well informed about what was going on and can imagine it would be horrifying if you haven’t been made aware of what was going on and as I said forceps in theatre is a horrible situation to be in.
However, I do think that Rhiannon has been overplaying her ‘traumatic’ birth to make people listen to her podcast just like every other minor celebrity so they can make money with an ok magazine deal about their horrific experience.

Reactions: 1
She put in her thank you nhs post thanking the consultant obstetrician for her clarity in sharing the action plan so I think she was well informed about what was going on and can imagine it would be horrifying if you haven’t been made aware of what was going on and as I said forceps in theatre is a horrible situation to be in.
However, I do think that Rhiannon has been overplaying her ‘traumatic’ birth to make people listen to her podcast just like every other minor celebrity so they can make money with an ok magazine deal about their horrific experience.
No doubt its allowed extra attention to her podcast.

She said on that chat that it wasnt clearly explained why they had to go to theatre for the forceps, I was going off that. Id forgotten about her thank you post. It does sound like she had a difficult labour, and influencer or not, if some feels traumatised by it, I dont really think its anyones place to dismiss that. But I am aware that ive been triggered by it all, so I may well be over sensitive

• Heart
No doubt its allowed extra attention to her podcast.

She said on that chat that it wasnt clearly explained why they had to go to theatre for the forceps, I was going off that. Id forgotten about her thank you post. It does sound like she had a difficult labour, and influencer or not, if some feels traumatised by it, I dont really think its anyones place to dismiss that. But I am aware that ive been triggered by it all, so I may well be over sensitive
As someone who has had a traumatic birth I would never want to dismiss that and I’m sorry if you feel like I have. Labour and birth is not easy! I just can’t get my head around her on the one hand having this horrific experience and on the other hand being all lighthearted posing in her mesh knickers and all her smug mummy baking banana bread posts.

As someone who has had a traumatic birth I would never want to dismiss that and I’m sorry if you feel like I have. Labour and birth is not easy! I just can’t get my head around her on the one hand having this horrific experience and on the other hand being all lighthearted posing in her mesh knickers and all her smug mummy baking banana bread posts.
I suppose its just a magnified version of new mums pretending theyre ok when theyre not? But she does have a platform and product to sell so its all a marketing tool as well.

Thanks for the recaps I couldn’t bring myself to listen as I was afraid it would be too triggering for me. Everyone has their own perception of what a traumatic birth is, it can be straight forward and still traumatic or overly complicated and women can deal well with it.

my issue with this is her saying one thing and doing another. If her birth was so traumatic that she needed counselling she wouldn’t be breast feeding on street corners, baking banana bread or doing a damn podcast so soon after her experience. I am 3 weeks post partum and only really coming to terms with my birth experience (and I thought everything was great for the first week until I came down off the hormones) and will probably do some kind of talking therapy down the line. I know everyone is different and deals with things in their own way but I call bullshit to her story. It’s all just narcissistic to get attention

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.