Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a lot of respect for her sharing her story and the trauma she may have experienced. My own labour was quite ‘textbook’ and even so there are still aspects I dwell on a few weeks later. So none of my thoughts on this are about putting that aspect down, she clearly went through a tough time that she needs to recover from.

My issue remains this weird perfect vision of her life she is trying to convey with all the baking and relentless positivity on her stories. Maybe she is baking in the early hours - but I bet she’s living off toast between feeds, or really her partner is doing all the cooking so she can focus on the baby. Not saying she needs to make motherhood look negative but a bit of balance might not come across so much like showing off?

Reactions: 4
I’ve just listened to her birth story I’m quite shocked at her lack of education around giving birth!

There’s a lot important stuff I can remember my Community midwife telling me about on several occasions, and from antenatal classes that I’m very suprised she didn’t know!

it certainly seems like she has had an idea of a perfect home birth in her head, and didn’t anticipate that it might not be like that, or even research hospital births at all.

I like Rhiannon but I think thats terrifying and quite naive I’m glad she’s doing a podcast about it. I hope it makes more people who don’t want to have hospital births at least research procedures and possibilities.

I’m all for hypnobirthing, but I doesn’t seem like it is giving women the knowledge or preparedness for when things don’t go to plan. I think people need to go to midwife led nhs antenatal classes, I don’t think yoga teachers are really qualified and it can be so dangerous.

Reactions: 2
Sounds like her birth was very similar to mine. I had forceps in theatre and an episiotomy. I lost three pints of blood afterwards (didn't have a clue at the time, was only told later). It's strange because I felt (and still do feel) like the whole thing was a massively positive experience for me. A few days after coming out of hospital I did have a wobble where it sunk in that I'd lost a lot of blood and it was close to being in scary territory.

The midwives all joked I was the calmest person in the room in theatre (I did hypnobirthing but am generally quite a calm person anyway) but I can imagine that maybe others in the same scenario might be freaked out. Nevertheless, we don't all go and make podcasts about it as a result. I don't think I've ever spoken to a woman with a 100% straightforward birth story, everyone has their own challenges during labour and post partum - hers aren't unique or special.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have a lot of respect for her sharing her story and the trauma she may have experienced. My own labour was quite ‘textbook’ and even so there are still aspects I dwell on a few weeks later. So none of my thoughts on this are about putting that aspect down, she clearly went through a tough time that she needs to recover from.

My issue remains this weird perfect vision of her life she is trying to convey with all the baking and relentless positivity on her stories. Maybe she is baking in the early hours - but I bet she’s living off toast between feeds, or really her partner is doing all the cooking so she can focus on the baby. Not saying she needs to make motherhood look negative but a bit of balance might not come across so much like showing off?
Exactly! Why does she think it’s so important to share her birth story but not the reality of life with a newborn? Most people are not posing with a smoothie whilst breastfeeding in the middle of the street for the gram and baking banana bread and looking immaculate whilst doing so. Many women with newborns around the same age will be feeling like they are failing because they haven’t even found time to have a shower or eat let alone bake lactation cookies!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her birth was very similar to mine to, and I wouldn’t consider it traumatic at all. Tbh at the time I thought it was pretty normal. Since then, both of my best friends have had very similar births.

I’m just so surprised that she is so surprised that it didn’t go to plan! She seems like an intelligent person who would understand that childbirth doesn’t work like that. It’s very strange!

The thing is, when you do a podcast the series would have been mapped out ages ago for the people who sponsor it and she has guests on every week who would have been booked in advance so this episode was always going to be about her birth story. So if she had had her home birth like she wanted would it have been a really braggy episode about having the perfect labour because she did yoga everyday? Or maybe I’m being cynical here but maybe there was always going to be a *story*

Reactions: 7
The thing is, when you do a podcast the series would have been mapped out ages ago for the people who sponsor it and she has guests on every week who would have been booked in advance so this episode was always going to be about her birth story. So if she had had her home birth like she wanted would it have been a really braggy episode about having the perfect labour because she did yoga everyday? Or maybe I’m being cynical here but maybe there was always going to be a *story*
Totally agree. I reckon she wants to bill herself as a natural mummy guru. She is definitely reading here judging from her recent posts!

• Haha
Still not announced the name of her son even though she gave it away By accident in an insta story! Is she trying to create a big build up? Is she trying to be exclusive??? She isn’t a celebrity.

Still not announced the name of her son even though she gave it away By accident in an insta story! Is she trying to create a big build up? Is she trying to be exclusive??? She isn’t a celebrity.
the midwife referred to the baby as Zachary in the podcast.
Personally, I don’t see why she should share the name. Maybe it’s a privacy thing but wasn’t bothered if people found out or not but didn’t want to release the name in a post ?

Reactions: 1
the midwife referred to the baby as Zachary in the podcast.
Personally, I don’t see why she should share the name. Maybe it’s a privacy thing but wasn’t bothered if people found out or not but didn’t want to release the name in a post ?
Oh I didn’t waste my time listening to the podcast 🙉

Reactions: 1
I always find it a bit strange that her husband is not on social media yet he is happy for her to put his child all over social media and basically be used as a tool to increase engagement with her page and therefore her brand and business. It’s not even just a few pictures of him, she constantly puts him on her stories even if she is just talking about her podcast so there’s no need to show him for that.

I always find it a bit strange that her husband is not on social media yet he is happy for her to put his child all over social media and basically be used as a tool to increase engagement with her page and therefore her brand and business. It’s not even just a few pictures of him, she constantly puts him on her stories even if she is just talking about her podcast so there’s no need to show him for that.
I agree. She always has him lurking somewhere in one or more of her stories. Just strange.

did anybody see her stories promoting the podcasts with her baby in the sling and his head leaning so far back, he was almost falling out of the sling? it was really uncomfortable. i don't have children but i'm certain thats not how you hold a newborn? (screenshot attached)

also no posts about black lives matter. shocking.

Attachments

• Wow
I just got blocked for asking why she has said NOTHING about BLM, aside from just posting a black grid post and story

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Classic didn’t want to disrupt her grid with posting the bare minimum a black square.. I also noticed his head flung back in that sling.. didn’t look good!

Yeah I saw the sling thing too. His head looked so unnatural flung back like that and there’s no way that his head would have been supported as she moved around without her having her arm under his head so she might as well have just been holding him at that point. Also those stories were just about her podcast or something so again no need for him to be in them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.