Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair I’m wearing maternity knickers right now - I gave birth yesterday and am finding them a lot more comfortable! (Sorry tmi!) 😅

Reactions: 2
To be fair I’m wearing maternity knickers right now - I gave birth yesterday and am finding them a lot more comfortable! (Sorry tmi!) 😅
I hope you have posted a picture of you wearing them to Instagram otherwise what’s the point?! 😂 congratulations on your new addition!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used the maternity knickers - they were useful but hardly Instagram material. The trend of influencers trying too hard to show the 'real' side of labour is irritating. No one ever thought it would be glamorous in the first place, they're breaking a taboo that they've invented for themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
when I had my 3 children, ( many moons ago). I had huge maternity pads as well as bulky breast pads as I leaked continuously whilst breastfeeding ( could have fed the whole village and needed bras made by Harland and Wolff!)
there's no way I'd have photographed myself....I was just relieved that both I and my daughter had survived a traumatic delivery ...I managed to breastfeed all 3 of mine for a total of 5 years without social media ( had an emergency caesarean, planned CS and VBAC)....detest all these instagrammers/ Instamums thinking they've invented childbirth and breastfeeding

• Heart
Reactions: 3
when I had my 3 children, ( many moons ago). I had huge maternity pads as well as bulky breast pads as I leaked continuously whilst breastfeeding ( could have fed the whole village and needed bras made by Harland and Wolff!)
there's no way I'd have photographed myself....I was just relieved that both I and my daughter had survived a traumatic delivery ...I managed to breastfeed all 3 of mine for a total of 5 years without social media ( had an emergency caesarean, planned CS and VBAC)....detest all these instagrammers/ Instamums thinking they've invented childbirth and breastfeeding
Totally off topic but how did you feel breastfeeding your second? I tried with the first and it didn’t go great and I’m due my second but already feel guilty at the thought of having to spend so much time feeding the baby that my first born gets neglected! Not sure how to navigate this!
Rhiannon is definitely trying to strike a balance between being something to aspire to whilst being relatable at the same time. She comes across as neither to me. Just a fake,game hungry desperado who is surely in the privileged position of taking some time off for maternity leave. If she was so good at her job she wouldn’t need to worry about taking time away but she is so terrified of being irrelevant that she will forego this previous time with her baby.

Totally off topic but how did you feel breastfeeding your second? I tried with the first and it didn’t go great and I’m due my second but already feel guilty at the thought of having to spend so much time feeding the baby that my first born gets neglected! Not sure how to navigate this!
Rhiannon is definitely trying to strike a balance between being something to aspire to whilst being relatable at the same time. She comes across as neither to me. Just a fake,game hungry desperado who is surely in the privileged position of taking some time off for maternity leave. If she was so good at her job she wouldn’t need to worry about taking time away but she is so terrified of being irrelevant that she will forego this previous time with her baby.
elder daughter was 21/2 when her sister was born and I'd try to include her wherever possible ....when I was breastfeeding I'd get her snuggled in beside me with story or we'd watch a film...I also got her into nursery couple of days a week so she got to play with friends, while I got 1-1 time with baby
when son was born, I'd been breastfeeding feeding daughter for 21/2. Years ....right up until I gave birth! .....although only feeding her at night and for comfort...once I had her brother she decided she did not want to bf any longer....just do what fits in with your life and pleas don't feel pressurised into fitting into a social media 'guru'
i may not have had a perfect childbirth experience first time round, but parenting is so much more than those perfect squares on Instagram, so please don't get sucked into their vacuous lives

Am I being daft here but does she have lash extensions?! Assuming she’s not putting on strip lashes every day with a newborn?

Am I being daft here but does she have lash extensions?! Assuming she’s not putting on strip lashes every day with a newborn?
Yes and they're ridiculously fake looking for her appearance, overly-long, too harsh and dark looking and they make her look like Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street. :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Oh god , she's standing , breastfeeding on a street corner now ....I breastfed all 3 of mine ( for total of 5 years ) and never felt the need to get my norks out on the street....might have caused an accident 😂

• Haha
Oh god , she's standing , breastfeeding on a street corner now ....I breastfed all 3 of mine ( for total of 5 years ) and never felt the need to get my norks out on the street....might have caused an accident 😂
This always looks so contrived so it’s either a case of making the child wait until she is outside and then feeding or shoving the boob in the kids face so that she can parade herself on insta.

Reactions: 1
I got caught out a few times while out with my son when I was breastfeeding. I sat on a curb side and fed him discreetly. I did not stand up for attention or use it as an insta opportunity.

Reactions: 5
You can tell there was no other point to that story, except to say, 'Look at me, I'm breastfeeding in the street!'. Recipe stuff added on as an afterthought.

Reactions: 4
I love that she always says she can’t give any individual advice then publicly thanks two healthcare professionals who have obviously given her advice for free without knowing her full history!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
You can tell there was no other point to that story, except to say, 'Look at me, I'm breastfeeding in the street!'. Recipe stuff added on as an afterthought.
I'm usually all for freedom of choice and feeding baby anywhere, anytime he/she has a need. However am I alone in finding it really distasteful to video oneself breast feeding?

I'm an advocate for #fedisbest but generally the best bit about feeding, regardless of whether it's breast or bottle, is being able to look down at your beautiful offspring and creating a moment of bonding. This is just completely and utterly underminded by talking into a camera recording an insta story. It's disrespectful to the baby, the act and blessing of being able to feed and highlights a complete lack of understanding how important face to face contact is during feeding.

She might think she's reaching a wider audience now but I think she's isolating a small percentage of women who are surviving infertility. She's over exposing aspects of her life to stay in focus but I don't think what she's sharing is doing her image any benefit.

If she, in her position with her own successful business and husband who is financially stable, isn't able to take a break from work/social media after birth, then I find that extremely sad. I feel sorry for her having to maintain a polished image instead of just being (a bedraggled, sleep deprived, hormonal new mummy but, regardless, just being and relishing life's simple and short-lived pleasures).

• Heart
I'm usually all for freedom of choice and feeding baby anywhere, anytime he/she has a need. However am I alone in finding it really distasteful to video oneself breast feeding?

I'm an advocate for #fedisbest but generally the best bit about feeding, regardless of whether it's breast or bottle, is being able to look down at your beautiful offspring and creating a moment of bonding. This is just completely and utterly underminded by talking into a camera recording an insta story. It's disrespectful to the baby, the act and blessing of being able to feed and highlights a complete lack of understanding how important face to face contact is during feeding.

She might think she's reaching a wider audience now but I think she's isolating a small percentage of women who are surviving infertility. She's over exposing aspects of her life to stay in focus but I don't think what she's sharing is doing her image any benefit.

If she, in her position with her own successful business and husband who is financially stable, isn't able to take a break from work/social media after birth, then I find that extremely sad. I feel sorry for her having to maintain a polished image instead of just being (a bedraggled, sleep deprived, hormonal new mummy but, regardless, just being and relishing life's simple and short-lived pleasures).
Spot on. Everything is for show but occasionally she’ll post a pic of her with a caption about how she’s so hard done by, yeuch!

You're not alone - my boy is 11 weeks and I'm breastfeeding him after a rough start. There have been a few times where I've fed him in public and I confess I thought I would be more shy about the whole thing. But there's a big difference between feeding your child in public when they need it and whipping out a camera to film the event. There's something about the way some influencers show off when breastfeeding that comes across as extremely smug and attention-seeking. Would she have filmed the same scenario if her boy was bottle-fed? Doubt it.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.