Rhiannon Ashlee

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what I originally thought, but as a response to a comment about why her mum doesn't come to Doug's parents house, Rhiannon says they couldn't this year because it'd make 4 households!

Also just want to clarify I'm not being the lockdown police or anything haha, I genuinely just don't want her to get attacked by people (and also, if I'm reading the rules wrong, and Rhiannon is actually right, it could make a difference to my own family's plans, so I'm genuinely interested)
From what I understand, if you form a support bubble with another household that counts as one household for the Christmas period. For example, my boyfriend and I are spending the Christmas period with his family this year. We are technically going to be 4 households getting together, but because his mum lives alone and is also a key worker, she formed a support bubble with her sister who lives a few houses away, so they count as one household, officially making it 3 households for Christmas instead of 4.

I’m loving Rhiannons Vlogmas, she is the only one I watch. Just find them so calming, real and normal.

Reactions: 21
I've recently started watching her again. Was just wondering. Does she not see her dad? I'm sure he used to be mentioned?

Reactions: 1
I've recently started watching her again. Was just wondering. Does she not see her dad? I'm sure he used to be mentioned?
he used to live a bit further afield either Brighton or Bournemouth but this was a good few years ago

Reactions: 2
I like Rhiannon, I think we all do here, this thread is by no means nasty!
Does anyone else feel irrationally annoyed that they use the ceiling light in the living room AND don't have curtains?!😂
I am sad I know but have been thinking of the things I'd love to do to that living room...
Curtains, even if just floaty as they have the blind
A patterned rug
Radiator cover with frames etc on
Art on walls
A lamp where the tree goes, over the chair for reading
Cupboard/shelving in alcoves for books etc
A mantelpiece for flowers and candles

Voila, your home is no longer bare!!

Reactions: 11
I definitely like her too. Her daughter is soo well behaved and seems so easy to handle which makes me feel a bit jealous/a failure. My son is the same age as Delilah and nothing like that. He would be impossible to film 🙈

Everything she owns from the tiniest cooking utensil is so in keeping with her aesthetic, she is obviously very much a perfectionist. Maybe that’s why she can’t work part-time alongside YouTube even though it seems like she’d have time now her daughter is at school...

Reactions: 8
I like Rhiannon, I think we all do here, this thread is by no means nasty!
Does anyone else feel irrationally annoyed that they use the ceiling light in the living room AND don't have curtains?!😂
I am sad I know but have been thinking of the things I'd love to do to that living room...
Curtains, even if just floaty as they have the blind
A patterned rug
Radiator cover with frames etc on
Art on walls
A lamp where the tree goes, over the chair for reading
Cupboard/shelving in alcoves for books etc
A mantelpiece for flowers and candles

Voila, your home is no longer bare!!
I kind of like how slow she is at decorating, because it seems more thoughtful. Unlike over unfleuncers who fill their house with so much stuff just to change it out within a year.

I definitely like her too. Her daughter is soo well behaved and seems so easy to handle which makes me feel a bit jealous/a failure. My son is the same age as Delilah and nothing like that. He would be impossible to film 🙈
Haha I totally feel you, I thought the same until I realised that she is in control and can edit any tantrums out. We are watching what she wants us to see!! I bet your son is full of character and great fun to be around x x

• Heart
I kind of like how slow she is at decorating, because it seems more thoughtful. Unlike over unfleuncers who fill their house with so much stuff just to change it out within a year.
Totally agree, but I think she pushes the limits at 2 years without curtains and a lamp 😬 and we know she wouldn't just be jumping on trends, she loves reading so has a lovely book collection to put on shelves, it would all be authentic and tasteful, not b&m clutter for Rhi😆 I just feel like she has the funds to pick things from nice places like made and la redoute so after this long what's stopping her...

Reactions: 10

Everything she owns from the tiniest cooking utensil is so in keeping with her aesthetic, she is obviously very much a perfectionist. Maybe that’s why she can’t work part-time alongside YouTube even though it seems like she’d have time now her daughter is at school...
I'm sure he's a wonderful boy! My son is a year younger and has his moments 😂

So true, and I know she has acknowledged her perfectionism issues so maybe annoys herself as much as us?!
The thing that gets me is while deliberating over the absolutely perfectly pleasing light shade, let's say, the aesthetic of a bare bulb for months in the meantime is horrible! So does that not get to her?

I really like Rhiannon, she is the only person I will watch on YouTube if she uploads.

I agree, I don’t mind how long she takes to renovate or add finishing touches to her home, this is expensive and there is no point in buying things just for the sake of buying it if it’s not what you really want or sure how you’d like something to be.

The other thing is that she’s very much a perfectionist so it’s no wonder that she is taking her time. The other thing with Perfectionism that making a decision is so difficult it’s often easier to not make one at all, so things just get left.

or maybe she doesn’t want a house just full of stuff. Personally I can’t imagine anything worse when I look at some influencer’s home. I much prefer things neat and streamlined.

I think her house is lovely and I enjoy when they do do house Reno’s. I could never see her with a radiator cover though! Cast iron ones are probably more her style!

Reactions: 9
I do enjoy her Vlogs, I find them
Very calm and less chaotic than some others.
I just think she goes on way to much about things sometimes and then the end product is basic and minimal...?

Reactions: 9
Did someone say she fell out with Zoe Sugg at one point? Anyone know what happened?
I’ve only just started watching Rhiannon. I watched one of her older videos the other day and she seemed very different, wearing her heart on her sleeve and a lot more feisty. I do think her YouTube persona now is more for the aspirational mums and she’s done well to pivot to that.
I’m also an only child like Rhiannon but it made me more determined to have more than one child. I’ve just had my second. I wonder if she will change her mind. She’s so young so she’s got plenty of time but I can imagine her being mega frazzled by going from 1 to 2. Would love to see how she managed and Delilah get a new sibling but completely respect her decision and how she has spoken about it.

Totally agree, but I think she pushes the limits at 2 years without curtains and a lamp 😬 and we know she wouldn't just be jumping on trends, she loves reading so has a lovely book collection to put on shelves, it would all be authentic and tasteful, not b&m clutter for Rhi😆 I just feel like she has the funds to pick things from nice places like made and la redoute so after this long what's stopping her...
Honestly I like her style, I’m very minimal in my taste though 😂

Haha I totally feel you, I thought the same until I realised that she is in control and can edit any tantrums out. We are watching what she wants us to see!! I bet your son is full of character and great fun to be around x x
Remember Delilah was really hard as a baby too though. Also Rhiannon has said she doesn’t show Delilah being ‘naughty’ or being told off as it’s not something she would share, but has said openly she has her moments. Mine would never sit and play like Delilah does, I always had to play along! 😂

Reactions: 7
Remember Delilah was really hard as a baby too though. Also Rhiannon has said she doesn’t show Delilah being ‘naughty’ or being told off as it’s not something she would share, but has said openly she has her moments. Mine would never sit and play like Delilah does, I always had to play along! 😂
I actually really appreciate that about her parenting - although it may seem like D is perfect, it’s nice to know that she chooses not to show the more negative side, particularly now she’s at school as well

I actually really appreciate that about her parenting - although it may seem like D is perfect, it’s nice to know that she chooses not to show the more negative side, particularly now she’s at school as well
Yes and in the first year it was really tough on Rhiannon, she didn’t sugarcoat it, her lack of sleep was horrendous, I’m sure many mums could relate. As parents all we can ever do is ride the wave, we do our best, my friend told me years ago when mine were being particularly difficult, it was because I was a fantastic mother, my child felt so safe with me and my love for them, they could behave that way, show how cross/upset they were in the full knowledge I would still live them. True words!! Also, children know which buttons to push on their parents, as they installed them in the first place!😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I really like Rhiannon and her vlog, but latest video, she mentions that her and Doug like watching The Holiday and Love Actually over Christmas. That would be absolute torture for any man I know! He must really love her!

• Haha
I really like Rhiannon and her vlog, but latest video, she mentions that her and Doug like watching The Holiday and Love Actually over Christmas. That would be absolute torture for any man I know! He must really love her!
Ah my OH loves watching these films with me :)

Reactions: 5
Haha my husband would never

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.