Rhiannon Ashlee

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else surprised she doesn’t change Delilah out of her school uniform as soon as she’s home?! I know not everyone does this but I always thought she was the type who would 🤣

Reactions: 12
Anyone else surprised she doesn’t change Delilah out of her school uniform as soon as she’s home?! I know not everyone does this but I always thought she was the type who would 🤣
YES!!

I don’t know about England but here, school uniforms are not cheap and, quite often, pieces of the uniform like the pinafore are dry clean only. My kids always got changed into more comfy clothes when they got home, not only for their own comfort but to keep the uniform clean. Delilah is playing, baking and eating in that pinafore once she’s home. Does Rhiannon wash it every single day?

I mean, I kind of figure its the same thing as coming home from a day at work and keeping your work suit on. Why? Trakkie pants, slippers and a tshirt are much better for relaxing in surely.

Reactions: 10
Quite enjoyed Rhiannon's latest vlog, with her and Doug putting up the tiles - it was pretty calming but good to see her being productive and working on her home. Also, I like her balanced approach to food - like, she generally eats healthily but then she'll also get take-aways now and then or make waffles. And I appreciate how she films herself without makeup and keeps it real. So many other influencers try and portray this very fake image of perfection. Sorry, I know this isn't a rave thread, and I've critiqued her for many things previously, but just wanted to say this for balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
Quite enjoyed Rhiannon's latest vlog, with her and Doug putting up the tiles - it was pretty calming but good to see her being productive and working on her home. Also, I like her balanced approach to food - like, she generally eats healthily but then she'll also get take-aways now and then or make waffles. And I appreciate how she films herself without makeup and keeps it real. So many other influencers try and portray this very fake image of perfection. Sorry, I know this isn't a rave thread, and I've critiqued her for many things previously, but just wanted to say this for balance.
This 100%. Yes we can all critique her but out of all the influencers she’s the most real, endearing and normal.

Reactions: 15
YES!!

I don’t know about England but here, school uniforms are not cheap and, quite often, pieces of the uniform like the pinafore are dry clean only. My kids always got changed into more comfy clothes when they got home, not only for their own comfort but to keep the uniform clean. Delilah is playing, baking and eating in that pinafore once she’s home. Does Rhiannon wash it every single day?

I mean, I kind of figure its the same thing as coming home from a day at work and keeping your work suit on. Why? Trakkie pants, slippers and a tshirt are much better for relaxing in surely.
Uniform here isn’t too expensive unless you buy the school jumper with logo on. Shirts, pinafores, trousers etc can all be bought cheaply from supermarkets or other clothing stores. she probably has 5 lots of each.
It is surprising though, a pinafore and tights are not that comfortable. My daughter has also just started school and the first thing I do is get her changed into some comfy clothes when we get home.

Reactions: 6
This 100%. Yes we can all critique her but out of all the influencers she’s the most real, endearing and normal.
TBF I don’t think anyone on here dislikes her, I think it’s a bit of a mixed thread. I agree with you, i much prefer her to a lot of other YTubers, she has stayed pretty much herself over the years, just obviously grown up/different life. Like others I just scratch my head at her extreme spending on the most bizarre stuff, personally I’d have rather got Ds bedding from Next and paid a tiler to do the tiles. Each to their own though. I think IRL we’d all probably really like her.

Especially at the moment! first thing I’d do is strip off uniform and put her in clean clothes, in the current climate just to be extra safe. I am very OTT about germs though 😂

Reactions: 12
I'm watching the latest vlog and have enjoyed this month's vlogs, but I just have to ask - has she explained why they've taken the extractor fan down? I don't live in my own home (I'm a student) so can't be sure, but is an extractor fan not necessary?

Reactions: 1
I'm watching the latest vlog and have enjoyed this month's vlogs, but I just have to ask - has she explained why they've taken the extractor fan down? I don't live in my own home (I'm a student) so can't be sure, but is an extractor fan not necessary?
Yeah her kitchen might get a bit damp now she’s taken it down.

Reactions: 2
Not damp so much, but how about cooking smells and grease passing through the house.
It wasn’t unsightly but I think this is an extreme case of something not fitting with her aesethic. I’m sure no one would bat an eyelid but she’s probably broken building regulations as it’s a necessity to have an extractor fan in a new build/extension or in a property which has one already you are required to replace it, not just rip it out because you don’t like the look of it.

Reactions: 5
Even with a fan, the walls and cupboards around my stove need wiping down very regularly. Food splatters, grease, steam etc. Cooking is messy. I can’t imagine just not having a fan. All the odours just wafting around the house.

Is her stove top gas or electric? Its generally required by law to have a rangehood and/or extractor fan above a gas stove for safety reasons.

She said somewhere in the comments that she never used it anyway, it wasn’t installed properly and it didn’t work well. I don’t know. I agree with the above, I think she removed it for aesthetic reasons.

I love Rihannon but her whole vibe around Doug is weird. Is that just me? Also he’s so clingy when she’s vlogging, it feels forced

Reactions: 9
I love Rihannon but her whole vibe around Doug is weird. Is that just me? Also he’s so clingy when she’s vlogging, it feels forced
I agree, she always seems kinda awkward around him and shys away when he shows affection. Maybe she just doesn’t like PDA, but then why would you leave it in the vlog if you didn’t want people to see it?

YES!!

Especially with covid around too. Sounds yuk.

Reactions: 1
I literally never use my extractor fan anymore because it’s so bloody loud. And can confirm it hasn’t made an ounce of difference in terms of there being no damp or smells filling the house. I do always have the window open whilst cooking so maybe that makes a difference? Not sure.

Yes, having a window open would make a difference. Probably would work better than an extractor fan to be honest but most people wouldn’t have a window open in winter.

I agree, she always seems kinda awkward around him and shys away when he shows affection. Maybe she just doesn’t like PDA, but then why would you leave it in the vlog if you didn’t want people to see it?
Hii newbie on this thread, I hadn't seen it before!

I feel like this could be a case of she can't win whatever she does. She's said before that people think Doug comes across as uninterested because he's so quiet/chill kinda guy. So maybe he puts it on to "appear" more interested, and she similarly keeps it in because otherwise everyone will be like "oMg WhErE's DoUg"

I feel for her with her anxiety, likely because I'm quite similar in some ways and know how it can feel, but I don't really have much negative to say about Rhi.

I adore her house, the tiles were a lovely choice. Although as mentioned it’s odd to have not made more personal touches while living there, I guess it suits her aesthetic to live in an Airbnb. I do think she has shared too many recognisable features which has informed how much I share online. Maybe she doesn’t read here to see how terrifyingly easy it is to work out? Or is so naive she doesn’t think anyone could? Growing up on the internet you’d think she’d know by now the internet is full of people worse than us.

Regarding school uniform, when I was a kid, getting changed after school was a right ball ache but my mum would get so stressed if I was still in it. I can’t imagine Rhiannon getting stressed at D for something so small.

I’ve really enjoyed vlogtober, almost makes up for no videos for months at a time. Especially since so many have either quit YT or are pumping out absolute tit like Helen Quirkerz. I considered unwatching this thread but I’m too thirsty for that sweet tea

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Firstly let me say Rhiannon is clearly a great Mum and Delilah seems a very well-rounded, well-mannered child.

But. The tiling vlog was SO LONG AND BORING. I lost count of the times I forwarded it, fair enough to show the progress of the project but a little editing wouldn't go amiss. The same with baking cookies with Delilah and rearranging her kitchen drawer - I'd much rather a five-minute sped-up vlog than stretching the content out so much. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

I can't help but feeling like everything Rhiannon does is purely for the aesthetic and to fit a certain mould/give Delilah a picture-perfect childhood. And she drinks SO MUCH COFFEE. NO WONDER SHE HAS ANXIETY.

Finally. It's ARKET not ARKIT. There ends my rant.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.