Rhi, Mummy of Four

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning all,
Omg I just watched her live and I can't believe she brought up Zara in Bellas Assessment saying that they would see her name on the list next and to look out for it. I defo think Rhi has autism on her brain and that's all she can think of and see. As a mummy of a beautiful 6 year old boy with autism I can see why she would think that all her other kids have it when maybe they don't but as it stuck in her head she has no other thoughts. I say this as I'm in a situation with my 3 year old daughter who I see autism with but then my partner always says to me don't think that just because our son has it u can see it in our daughter that's not always the way.he is always telling me not to compare out children and not to think like that even though I do see lots of traits. I just wana shake rhi and tell her to please stop with this and just let zara be zara. I defo feel like she babies her and spoils her more though as she is the youngest. I don't think it's right though to push this on her. I can defo see rhi as the mum who is always telling the teacher things that she sees but the school probably don't but to keep her happy and not annoy them they just say ok. I don't know rhi and I don't feel she shares the real home story but from what I see her children are doing very well in school from what she says. I would of loved to have been able to keep my son in main stream school but they said that his needs were best meet in a base even though I feel my son with his early intervention he is doing so well. I think rhi need to count her blessing and stop pushing autism on all her children.
It’s really normal. My 5 year old son is autistic and sometimes I see things in my daughter (she hates noise for example and sometimes I think oh dear and she can also be oddly specific and loves a good routine) but then lots of children have those traits and if my son wasn’t autistic I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. I talked to our portage worker when we still had it and she said every single parent she’s ever worked with goes through the same process. I really think she must be keeping things private with her children’s traits otherwise I just can’t see it with Zara and Bella. There must be more to the picture.

It’s really normal. My 5 year old son is autistic and sometimes I see things in my daughter (she hates noise for example and sometimes I think oh dear and she can also be oddly specific and loves a good routine) but then lots of children have those traits and if my son wasn’t autistic I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. I talked to our portage worker when we still had it and she said every single parent she’s ever worked with goes through the same process. I really think she must be keeping things private with her children’s traits otherwise I just can’t see it with Zara and Bella. There must be more to the picture.
PS I meant normal for you to worry, not normal for Rhi to be looking into assessments

Reactions: 1
Who knows how to make a new thread.

PS I meant normal for you to worry, not normal for Rhi to be looking into assessments
But if you want to do a whole video on the process of a assessment then why can't you explain there traits aswell. How they behave and what triggers them how you calm them everything. I just think she like to say her kids have autism and if I sound like a bad person coz I said that so be it. She has to mention it like 20 times in a video but never explains anything about behaviour. Right now I'm cleaning and my daughter is lining up all her paw patrol cars and dogs

Who knows how to make a new thread.

But if you want to do a whole video on the process of a assessment then why can't you explain there traits aswell. How they behave and what triggers them how you calm them everything. I just think she like to say her kids have autism and if I sound like a bad person coz I said that so be it. She has to mention it like 20 times in a video but never explains anything about behaviour. Right now I'm cleaning and my daughter is lining up all her paw patrol cars and dogs
No I completely agree. What I mean is that I always feel there must be more to the story because otherwise things don’t seem to add up too much. Obviously autism shows up so differently for different children but she doesn’t seem to explain WHY she’d worried about Zara. That’s what makes me think there must be something she hasn’t said. There isn’t a complete story there and either she needs to be “the autism advocate” and give full pictures or respect all the kids privacy and not mention it at all. If that makes sense?

She really pushed for Bella to be assessed as the school had no concerns what so ever (from a previous vlog) and the school is very good at picking up stuff (has a STF for both infants and juniors)

No I completely agree. What I mean is that I always feel there must be more to the story because otherwise things don’t seem to add up too much. Obviously autism shows up so differently for different children but she doesn’t seem to explain WHY she’d worried about Zara. That’s what makes me think there must be something she hasn’t said. There isn’t a complete story there and either she needs to be “the autism advocate” and give full pictures or respect all the kids privacy and not mention it at all. If that makes sense?
I defo agree.
Show and explain more in details why

She really pushed for Bella to be assessed as the school had no concerns what so ever (from a previous vlog) and the school is very good at picking up stuff (has a STF for both infants and juniors)
This is what really bugs me about her. I feel like she needs that title for her kids. I feel like she pushes it for her kids. I get autism shoes up different in each kids but she says that Bella had traits like will and now Zara has traits like Bella. For her it's like they are all acting the same and having same traits makes me think that maybe the kids are just normally like this. The reason is because both my oldest had the same traits and same way of acting (no autism for them) but my son who had autism and daughter who sometimes I think has it has different traits and both act completely different to my older girls at there ages.i feel like both my older girls were very chatty and very advance by the time they were my youngest daughters age. Both my oldest were potty training at 1 and put of nappies and 2 while my daughter is 3 and in nursery at a school 2 days full day 1 day half still in nappies and has no feeling of wanting to be out of a nappy soon. Its like she can't function without a nappy on. It's just little things. Sorry for the rant but with rhi I feel like these are kind of the things she needs to explain.

Last edited:
Morning all,
Omg I just watched her live and I can't believe she brought up Zara in Bellas Assessment saying that they would see her name on the list next and to look out for it. I defo think Rhi has autism on her brain and that's all she can think of and see. As a mummy of a beautiful 6 year old boy with autism I can see why she would think that all her other kids have it when maybe they don't but as it stuck in her head she has no other thoughts. I say this as I'm in a situation with my 3 year old daughter who I see autism with but then my partner always says to me don't think that just because our son has it u can see it in our daughter that's not always the way.he is always telling me not to compare out children and not to think like that even though I do see lots of traits. I just wana shake rhi and tell her to please stop with this and just let zara be zara. I defo feel like she babies her and spoils her more though as she is the youngest. I don't think it's right though to push this on her. I can defo see rhi as the mum who is always telling the teacher things that she sees but the school probably don't but to keep her happy and not annoy them they just say ok. I don't know rhi and I don't feel she shares the real home story but from what I see her children are doing very well in school from what she says. I would of loved to have been able to keep my son in main stream school but they said that his needs were best meet in a base even though I feel my son with his early intervention he is doing so well. I think rhi need to count her blessing and stop pushing autism on all her children.
[/QUOTE
I am so shocked at that live. I have a beautiful 10 year old with Autism aswell as other problems so I know all too well how hard it is but I’m really really shocked by the way she was speaking and that she told the consultant they’d see Zara next.Just shocking!

Has she ever spoken about comorbidities. Awful term I know but it’s not uncommon to have autism and x.

I am so shocked at that live. I have a beautiful 10 year old with Autism aswell as other problems so I know all too well how hard it is but I’m really really shocked by the way she was speaking and that she told the consultant they’d see Zara next.Just shocking!
Yes I was shocked To. I don't think I could go into one of my children appointment and bring up my other children or child like that. That's so bad. And I completely understand how she feels about being assessed my the education part but if you already follow strategies at home then carry on doing what u think Is right for her and then wait for it to go through school. See already seem to have thr knowledge so why not let the process be followed. So many people have to wait and some people children may show greater concerns than zara and are waiting patently

Like if a child had autism they are likely to be diagnosed with dyslexia or dyspraxia as well
Oh ok so like my son has autism and the school also thinks he has adhd aswell is thst what u mean?

Yep, at one point I thought, who does she think she is?
Is this through the NHS or private? There are thousands of poor children going through this, and she expected when she told the consultant at Bella assessment that Zara would be next she expected him to be ready for her when she was. I’ll be honest, listening to that made me a bit sick.

Reactions: 4
Yeah it’s an awful term but there’s usually more than one diagnosis
Yes my son school has said its normal with asd to also have other thing like adhd ect.....

Is this through the NHS or private? There are thousands of poor children going through this, and she expected when she told the consultant at Bella assessment that Zara would be next she expected him to be ready for her when she was. I’ll be honest, listening to that made me a bit sick.
It really did like make me wana slap her wtf go pay private then if that's the case other parents have had to do it. How can you have the cheek to tell the consultant that Zara will be next to watxh out for her name that's so rude. I really hope the consultant says to her she needs to wait for education to do it.

That’s exactly what I thought - “who does she think she is?!” She’s extremely controlling and came across very rude. Like she’s too good to be sitting on waiting lists because she already made the consultant aware to look out for her name. However it doesn’t surprise me with her given she called every day when waiting on Will’s appointment.

It really seems like she’s trying to rush this on more or a “just in case” situation because if Zara does show signs later she doesn’t want to be on the education system.

I don’t know how to word this without possibly offending people who have kids with autism- my son has suspected autism/dyslexia etc so I know well how hard you need to fight-
But
As rhi is so beyond ridged in her life and displays autism traits herself I sometimes wonder if her kids (Zara) may just be picking up on the things rhi does abs she’s confusing that with her having autism- the fact is rhi seems the one who needs assessing more than Zara

Reactions: 12
I don’t think the live has done Rhi any favours, she comes across quite rude the way she says she was talking to them. I imagine she’s a nightmare when it comes to stuff like this and expects there should be no hold up, I bet the school dread her coming in each day.
I think if the policy has changed and Zara will be assed by the eduction services then so be it, there is no reason for her To push it to jump the cue. I bet you Rhi is a tight pain in the arse at home if she’s not in control of anything

Reactions: 3
Last year during Covid, when the kids first went back, she was talking to the head teacher in the playground, and complaining that the school still wasn't doing hot meals at lunch time, and when they going to start them up again, Poor head, they had only been back a few days and were coping with bubbles and the kids were having lunch in the class rooms, so they kept to their bubbles and not in the hall.
I was standing near, as I needed to speak to the head and heard every word, I was shocked at how abrupt she was with him.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
You just know she's one of those parents that the teachers dread seeing. I bet they're sick to death of her.

Reactions: 4
Last year during Covid, when the kids first went back, she was talking to the head teacher in the playground, and complaining that the school still wasn't doing hot meals at lunch time, and when they going to start them up again, Poor head, they had only been back a few days and were coping with bubbles and the kids were having lunch in the class rooms, so they kept to their bubbles and not in the hall.
I was standing near, as I needed to speak to the head and heard every word, I was shocked at how abrupt she was with him.
I bet she nags at the teachers none stop then and tells them all she sees in zara while the school probably don't see it and dread her coming in in the mornings.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.