Rhi Mummy of Four #6 underwhelming gifts, routine is key unless it’s for Disney

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Granted I haven’t seen every video, but there never seems to have been the odd occasion that one of the children gets overwhelmed and they need to leave early. Given the sheer number of times they’ve been in the parks it just surprises me this hasn’t occurred.

Reactions: 4
What was her story about blocking time out for tasks and how it can work in other jobs but the applied it to house work! I'd love to know what life experience she actually has? Has she ever worked???

• Haha
Reactions: 2
What was her story about blocking time out for tasks and how it can work in other jobs but the applied it to house work! I'd love to know what life experience she actually has? Has she ever worked???
Hey 30 minutes to clean a f*cking drawer it makes perfect sense. I mean the time she must spend saying she is going to do something and then writing it down to say she is going to do it she could have just done what she wanted (talking about cleaning). I wonder how big her drawers are for it to take 30 minutes to clean?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The time block method can work but like everything it does depend on how you work. Personally I find it helpful but I would do more than a drawer in 30 minutes.

As an autistic person, I am sure that Rhi probably also is. Autism runs in families and I also have 3 autistic kids. Her girls are probably the type that daydream in class. But she really infantilises them all. Poor Will - it’s really not good to be sticking labels in everything a child owns when they get to high school. She infantilises him. And why do the girls wear tutus to school? We’d never get away with that in my area. I kind of relate to her because I tend to buy my daughters pretty uniforms and I’m fussy about how they look and how they’re dressed.,But not really too much after year 1 or 2. I think watching her videos reminds me that I have a tendency towards this sort of thing with my own kids.
---
Do Bella and Zara really have autism? Or does Rhi want them to have it? I remember her saying that Bella is ‘severely autistic’ which seems like complete bs
You can’t tell by looking or various clips on camera. Girls present differently from boys and they mask. A lot of their struggles are going on below the surface. Also, one autistic person is vastly different from another. The diagnostic assessment takes hours. There are videos on the assessments and I don’t think they are made up, personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
As an autistic person, I am sure that Rhi probably also is. Autism runs in families and I also have 3 autistic kids. Her girls are probably the type that daydream in class. But she really infantilises them all. Poor Will - it’s really not good to be sticking labels in everything a child owns when they get to high school. She infantilises him. And why do the girls wear tutus to school? We’d never get away with that in my area. I kind of relate to her because I tend to buy my daughters pretty uniforms and I’m fussy about how they look and how they’re dressed.,But not really too much after year 1 or 2. I think watching her videos reminds me that I have a tendency towards this sort of thing with my own kids.
---

You can’t tell by looking or various clips on camera. Girls present differently from boys and they mask. A lot of their struggles are going on below the surface. Also, one autistic person is vastly different from another. The diagnostic assessment takes hours. There are videos on the assessments and I don’t think they are made up, personally.
This is a really interesting perspective! Can I ask, do you think the school allow her to do the tutus as an accommodation to what they perceive as her autism? I only say that as they would have got to know her when will started there so would have had two years observing her behaviour before Bella started, I wonder if they might have picked up on anything? I just find it quite difficult to believe they let her get away with the things she just because she’s a nag.

I hope you don’t mind me asking, I’m pretty naive about autism in truth, but if you were putting yourself in the same position by sending your kids in tutus or a situation similar, do you think you’d have benefited from being told that you couldn’t? My initial thoughts was that whilst those Rhi’s children may need some accommodation, they also need to be able to be nurtured and showed how to live life as a grown up and that you won’t always get their own way. But in some ways will certainly seems more accepting of no. He accepted he couldn’t do the rollercoaster thing on the cruise pretty easily I thought, whereas she went into meltdown.

• Heart
we are in the neighbouring county to MO4, less than 20 miles away… my daughter is 9 she doesn’t wear skirts to school… mainly black leggings or joggers with pink trainners

This is a really interesting perspective! Can I ask, do you think the school allow her to do the tutus as an accommodation to what they perceive as her autism? I only say that as they would have got to know her when will started there so would have had two years observing her behaviour before Bella started, I wonder if they might have picked up on anything? I just find it quite difficult to believe they let her get away with the things she just because she’s a nag.

I hope you don’t mind me asking, I’m pretty naive about autism in truth, but if you were putting yourself in the same position by sending your kids in tutus or a situation similar, do you think you’d have benefited from being told that you couldn’t? My initial thoughts was that whilst those Rhi’s children may need some accommodation, they also need to be able to be nurtured and showed how to live life as a grown up and that you won’t always get their own way. But in some ways will certainly seems more accepting of no. He accepted he couldn’t do the rollercoaster thing on the cruise pretty easily I thought, whereas she went into meltdown.
Well I’ve never in all my years as a parent come across any family that sends their child to school in sparkly tutus or anything that deviates so much from the norm. I was so confused by it because she does these uniform hauls where she shows normal skirts and pinafores etc and then they’re wearing Disney princess type skirts to school. 😂 Do they go to school like that every day?? Do they wear them over the top of their uniform?

I wouldn’t want my children to stand out as being the ones who can’t follow the rules tbh. It just makes you look entitled and it’s a poor example to set. And it makes your child a talking point when the kids obviously have enough on their plates with the autism.

In my case, I kind of realised that I don’t like my girls to go to school without pretty hair-dos or slightly embellished cardigans etc. I used to feel ill if my child was about to go into school and I noticed they had spilled something. And it registered that this probably has to do with my autism. But it certainly stops short of sending them to school in anything that wouldn’t be recommended by school. And Christmas jumpers for the whole of December is so unnecessary.

• Heart
I think contrary to what Rhi likes to portray, the school probably see her as incredibly difficult and hard to deal with. There are quite a few clues that she hasn't integrated into the school community well as she always refuses to contribute to class collections, rarely has get togethers or playdates with school friends and doesn't seem to do the school run with other parents. I think she sets herself and her children apart from the rest and uses their autism diagnosise to justify this.

From my experience of my children's schools, there are a few families that are allowed to bend the rules and these are without exception families that are considered difficult by the school and hard to challenge. The school will generally pick it's battles and focus on the most important things with these families so I often see those children wearing trainers instead of school shoes etc. I think the tutus would fall into this category and just not considered important enough to kick up a fuss with families that have bigger stuff going on. I just cannot believe though that the school was as blasé about the kids missing so much school time in order to go to Disney. Attendance is a really hot issue for all schools and something that they won't just turn a blind eye to. I reckon they absolutely made it clear to Rhi that they weren't happy about that even though she no doubt tried to manipulate the SENCO to argue that the children wouldn't be able to cope going at busier times (despite there being evidence of the kids being absolutely fine on a crowded, busy cruise ship the summer before!)

Reactions: 5
Not to defend, but primarily school uniform is not compulsory in wales. I don't think Mo4s stand out as much as you think. Quick google view on the schools twitter page and there’s a huge range of different interpretations of school uniform is…one includes a Swans kit lol 😂

• Haha
I think contrary to what Rhi likes to portray, the school probably see her as incredibly difficult and hard to deal with. There are quite a few clues that she hasn't integrated into the school community well as she always refuses to contribute to class collections, rarely has get togethers or playdates with school friends and doesn't seem to do the school run with other parents. I think she sets herself and her children apart from the rest and uses their autism diagnosise to justify this.

From my experience of my children's schools, there are a few families that are allowed to bend the rules and these are without exception families that are considered difficult by the school and hard to challenge. The school will generally pick it's battles and focus on the most important things with these families so I often see those children wearing trainers instead of school shoes etc. I think the tutus would fall into this category and just not considered important enough to kick up a fuss with families that have bigger stuff going on. I just cannot believe though that the school was as blasé about the kids missing so much school time in order to go to Disney. Attendance is a really hot issue for all schools and something that they won't just turn a blind eye to. I reckon they absolutely made it clear to Rhi that they weren't happy about that even though she no doubt tried to manipulate the SENCO to argue that the children wouldn't be able to cope going at busier times (despite there being evidence of the kids being absolutely fine on a crowded, busy cruise ship the summer before!)
Yeah, Rhi doesn’t have the best people skills, when you look at how she interacts with comments on her YouTube channel. Which, I suppose is to be expected if she is autistic.

I think it is foolish to make a nuisance of oneself and become that parent that everyone rolls their eyes at in any location where you have a child because it isolates the child even though it isn’t their fault.

Not to defend, but primarily school uniform is not compulsory in wales. I don't think Mo4s stand out as much as you think. Quick google view on the schools twitter page and there’s a huge range of different interpretations of school uniform is…one includes a Swans kit lol 😂
Thats the kids on the school residential.

My kid went to the school, I mentioned something one day to the head about Uniform, he said to me they like the kids to wear it but they have bigger worrys than if the kid is wearing a correct colour pair of trousers.

I know she says she hasn't been online shopping for nine years, but she was acting like someone that hadn't set foot in a supermarket before. She was confused that there was more than one variety of any fruit and vegetable and generally just seemed really overwhelmed by the amount of choice available. I can't work out if it's all some strange act or if this was her genuine reaction and part of the reason why she shops online and doesn't like to shop in person too much. I know they can generally be quite triggering for autistic people.

I think it's all an act with her. Her pretending that she doesn't know why they are different varieties of apples & oranges, just shows her to be extremely ignorant.
Also she has def heard ppl complain about excessive packaging on fruits and veg on ticktok etc, and has decided to fully jump on the wagon with that. Only she doesn't realize that oranges in a net bag is not excessive packaging.

It is totally an act, she goes in the local Co-Op each day either on the way to school or after

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They need to reform the system so that someone diagnosed with autism isn't automatically assumed to be eligible to these kinds of perks.
The child has to receive DLA in order to be eligible for these things and it’s very difficult to get DLA - the proof required is very extensive. I’ve looked at these kinds of concessions before for my own children who get DLA and even then, you don’t necessarily get them automatically - I wasn’t able to.

It’s not really fair to assume the children are ‘low care needs’ there is a phrase about autism appearing mild to other people, but it’s not to the person who has it. If you met one of my children, you wouldn’t think she has high care needs but I still have to help her shower and wash her hair and she’s 15 (for example).

I mean, a way to see if that is true will be how well Will copes at secondary school. Most autistic kids will be ok in a good primary, but secondary is a whole new ball game. Most of them burn out by year 9 without an EHCP. The subtle differences in social communication have more and more of an impact as the child grows older, in my experience.

I don’t know if Rhi’s children have adjusted curriculums. Do they have friends or other children to come and play, ever?
---
It is interesting to me, the number of mothers I come across who have multiple autistic children and think that they themselves have ADHD. But they never consider the high likelihood that they are also autistic. A practitioner once told me she rarely meets someone with ADHD who isn’t also autistic.

Sometimes, an autistic person is literally the last to figure it out. Sometimes, that person will still see it as something they don’t want to have. I am sure my daughter’s father is on the spectrum but he gets angry about the idea of it. This pervasive ‘I want to be normal’ nonsense. I pointed out to him that he would not have wanted to spend 6 hours with me on our first date, if he was NT(!) As for me, my moment of realisation came in the mirrors of the gym I went to. I could see that I appeared to ignore people, even though I thought I was smiling at them. Sorry to go off topic but the reason I mention this is that I had a lifetime of being ill and admitted to psych wards, having breakdowns etc until I figured out what was the root cause.

But my overall point is that Rhi has a long way to go before being able to consider herself a disability advocate.

Last edited: