Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm guessing you'd know many of the families I know, some friends of the foxes but for some they're not "elite" at all. Can farmers be classed as elite?! Dressing nicely/spending too much on clothes and acting like you've money doesn't make you posh or elite or better than anyone else. The one thing I learned is those with true wealth in the area are the ones with the older cars watching their money. The family who owns Manor West and half of Tralee who live scattered around mid kerry are an example of that. You don't see them trying to look like they've money or with new cars etc.
I think you missed my point!

It still has that 'posh' feel to it! I went to the one in the next village and we hated them 😂 all the ones thinking they were amazing coming out on the buses!! And then when it became the ISK that was the final straw we hated them 😂😂😂
Starts with an M!? Isin't that the new "it" place to get into now over the grades/good LC results?

Reactions: 2
"I haven't been buying much but here's a video of all the stuff I "bought" over the summer" 🙄🙄 stop trying to act like you're into sustainability and not constantly shopping when you already have a wardrobe so full your boyfriend can't even put his stuff in there yet still go shopping!

Reactions: 8
What family owns half of Tralee?!? I’m not from Glenbeigh but we had a mobile there for years.
Alfie Boyle started off the businesses and his sons and daughters have expanded into their own businesses. Theyre worth probably 100 million+ combined, as I think some of Manor West retail park was sold and they made a fortune from that alone. They have a huge hardware shop in killorglin, tonnes of hotels and apartments in tralee etc. I know one of the families through my own family as the kids were friends years back with relations of mine and they are beyond down to earth and lovely. You'd never think they were the "elite" when they literally would be up there in kerry anyway.

Reactions: 4
Starts with an M!? Isin't that the new "it" place to get into now over the grades/good LC results?
Yep! To be honest when I was there it was starting to become the 'it's place, my year group was one of the first to get excellent results and then after that the buses started coming! Now they've the new school with buses coming from every direction and it still has the high achievers but hasn't maintained the high standard it once

Reactions: 1
Do we think that her and Kaelin are being supported by their mum and dad and that’s how they are living the NY dream? Erika’s follower count is quite low compared to other NYbloggers and she doesn’t seem have or have had any major collaborations to bring the huge amounts of money in. They seem to live such a stress free life, both walking the dog, constantly eating out, and a blog post with photos from asos or missguided posted every now and again. I know Erika has her You Tube but that’s mainly vlogs or hauls, I think it would help her to try to be more creative with her videos 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Do we think that her and Kaelin are being supported by their mum and dad and that’s how they are living the NY dream? Erika’s follower count is quite low compared to other NYbloggers and she doesn’t seem have or have had any major collaborations to bring the huge amounts of money in. They seem to live such a stress free life, both walking the dog, constantly eating out, and a blog post with photos from asos or missguided posted every now and again. I know Erika has her You Tube but that’s mainly vlogs or hauls, I think it would help her to try to be more creative with her videos 🤷‍♀️
Yeah I often wondered how she affords to live the way she does in a relatively expensive city, buying all the "investment pieces", brunch out, lunch out, dinner out, drinks, weekends away, the apartment. I mean how much money would she have to be bringing in to afford all of it!! When Louise Cooney lived there she said eating out was pricey.

Reactions: 5
Yeah I often wondered how she affords to live the way she does in a relatively expensive city, buying all the "investment pieces", brunch out, lunch out, dinner out, drinks, weekends away, the apartment. I mean how much money would she have to be bringing in to afford all of it!! When Louise Cooney lived there she said eating out was pricey.
Eating out in New York is so expensive! Especially when you add in tips. And grocery shopping isn't cheap either especially when they seem to shop exclusively in Trader Joes.

Reactions: 3
Eating out in New York is so expensive! Especially when you add in tips. And grocery shopping isn't cheap either especially when they seem to shop exclusively in Trader Joes.
Is Trader Joe's not one of the cheaper grocery stores in the States? (Relatively speaking)

Is Trader Joe's not one of the cheaper grocery stores in the States? (Relatively speaking)
It is cheaper compared to say d'Agostino, but compared to Ireland grocery prices it'd be like doing your shop in M&S as opposed to donnybrook fair or fallon and byrne. Everything is essentially imported into Manhattan, and overheads would be quite high too. I did a j1 years ago as an internship and found that fresh food was v expensive.

It is cheaper compared to say d'Agostino, but compared to Ireland grocery prices it'd be like doing your shop in M&S as opposed to donnybrook fair or fallon and byrne. Everything is essentially imported into Manhattan, and overheads would be quite high too. I did a j1 years ago as an internship and found that fresh food was v expensive.
Grocery shopping in NYC is indeed expensive. That said, Trader Joe’s is one of the cheapest places to shop if you live in NYC. Her grocery shopping there probably does save her money, except I think she takes Uber there? If so, that kind of cancels it out unless her Uber is free due to a sponsorship? Anyway, she eats out nearly every day, and yes, NYC is one of the most expensive cities in the world to eat out in yet it doesn’t seem to bother her one bit. When she had to make her own coffee due to the pandemic she went out and bought the most expensive espresso machine — about $1,500! Guess the whole point of saving money while making coffee at home is just not an issue for her. She also goes to the Upper East side to get her nails done — why not do your own? I wonder if retirement or buying a home are just not important to her, or she knows her parents will just chip in? She claims to split the rent with her BF, which is probably about $5,000 total or so (anyone know?) and with going out all the time, going away on the weekends, and shopping, her monthly expenses must be extremely high for someone in their 20s. Your 20s are the best time to save and invest your money, but she’s wasting it all away.

Grocery shopping in NYC is indeed expensive. That said, Trader Joe’s is one of the cheapest places to shop if you live in NYC. Her grocery shopping there probably does save her money, except I think she takes Uber there? If so, that kind of cancels it out unless her Uber is free due to a sponsorship? Anyway, she eats out nearly every day, and yes, NYC is one of the most expensive cities in the world to eat out in yet it doesn’t seem to bother her one bit. When she had to make her own coffee due to the pandemic she went out and bought the most expensive espresso machine — about $1,500! Guess the whole point of saving money while making coffee at home is just not an issue for her. She also goes to the Upper East side to get her nails done — why not do your own? I wonder if retirement or buying a home are just not important to her, or she knows her parents will just chip in? She claims to split the rent with her BF, which is probably about $5,000 total or so (anyone know?) and with going out all the time, going away on the weekends, and shopping, her monthly expenses must be extremely high for someone in their 20s. Your 20s are the best time to save and invest your money, but she’s wasting it all away.
👏👏👏

To all

I looked up the apartment block she lived in last time I was in NY because I was staying around there and they were definitely pricey. It think they were 4k plus. She has mentioned wanting to buy a house in America before. It still baffles me how these people get visas and others with genuine skills don't.

Edit: just looked up the building there and the apartments that look to be the same as hers are about $3.5k. The price probably went down because of people losing jobs and moving due to Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I've actually never noticed before how little views her videos get verses other YouTubers, 12 months ago some of her videos were hitting 55k-85k depending on video content. Over past 12 months she seems to be 11-22k views.

See Kaelin is back today....some sponsorship in pipeline. She only ever uploads when she has something coming up will do 3-4 videos to gain traction, then do her promo.

Erika's video today....Farfetch.....no mention in video or thumbnail it was ad. Don't understand why it's so difficult to do it, I've unsubscribed from both of them today, can't live by the rules- unfollow.

Reactions: 7
When you think about how much they can possibly get for posting one sponsored/ad photo or story, I don't think they have any financial issues living in Manhattan. I'd say Retro is getting a minimum of $5k per post or story.
That's not to say that her lifestyle is realistic - living in Manhattan, they pay a city tax that the rest of NY does not so to be able to afford that is something else. I definitely think the parents helped in getting her set up but I'd say her contracts are worth a good bit - but who knows what 2021 will look like for her when engagement is down and brands are looking to renew, they'll be asking for a much lowered price.
It would have been so good if she started doing posts about affordable places in NY ( they're sometimes the best places for food and she could actually tell us the cost vs saying it was ' so so nice') or things to do for free in the city. She's living a very one sided life over there.

Reactions: 4
When you think about how much they can possibly get for posting one sponsored/ad photo or story, I don't think they have any financial issues living in Manhattan. I'd say Retro is getting a minimum of $5k per post or story.
That's not to say that her lifestyle is realistic - living in Manhattan, they pay a city tax that the rest of NY does not so to be able to afford that is something else. I definitely think the parents helped in getting her set up but I'd say her contracts are worth a good bit - but who knows what 2021 will look like for her when engagement is down and brands are looking to renew, they'll be asking for a much lowered price.
It would have been so good if she started doing posts about affordable places in NY ( they're sometimes the best places for food and she could actually tell us the cost vs saying it was ' so so nice') or things to do for free in the city. She's living a very one sided life over there.
Yep, agree with every word of this. I think she likes to think she's "real" because she's not constantly posing in a bikini or shilling lounge wear but her lifestyle is not realistic in the slightest for a majority of people living in NYC. She's very one sided and her content is seriously lacking in variety and depth.

Reactions: 1

Yes! Some of the best places I've eaten in NY have been cheap places in the likes of Chinatown but I'd say she wouldn't be caught dead there.

Reactions: 3
Unlikely they’ll get back home til Xmas with the pandemic. Will be hard enough for them...... watching Kildare Village freebie going to Lou Lou.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.