Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fairly sure he worked for Radio Kerry before he became a property developer during the boom. They owned a helicopter rental business too at one stage.
No they didn’t. He owned a helicopter but didn’t rent them out. He’s a conman! I’d imagine that’s why he isn’t in a lot of her videos etc.

Reactions: 4
I always thought it was a bit odd you'd barely see him in any videos or pictures but just thought maybe he didn't like the camera. Why is he a conman 👀

Reactions: 3
They only show the highlight bits from family trips yet fail to be completely honest about holidays and when the mothers jewellery was stolen instead it's picture perfect for the gram

Reactions: 1
Isn't her Mother an interior designer??? I think the views they have in their family home are stunning but the actual interiors are dreadful, orange couches from what I remember🤢 I wouldn't let her interior design my garden shed!!!

Reactions: 9
They only show the highlight bits from family trips yet fail to be completely honest about holidays and when the mothers jewellery was stolen instead it's picture perfect for the gram
When/where was the mother's jewellery stolen? I don't remember seeing that in any of the holiday videos.

Reactions: 2
I don’t dislike Erika’s decor, but one thing is clear: when people decorate in a black and white/all neutrals scheme it generally shows they don’t have a particular knack for decorating. It’s pretty hard to err with that, and the end result is nothing to write home about.
On another note, the amount of eating out this woman does is just insane. Does she get to write that off on her taxes as “content”?

Reactions: 8
I don’t dislike Erika’s decor, but one thing is clear: when people decorate in a black and white/all neutrals scheme it generally shows they don’t have a particular knack for decorating. It’s pretty hard to err with that, and the end result is nothing to write home about.
On another note, the amount of eating out this woman does is just insane. Does she get to write that off on her taxes as “content”?
It wouldn't surprise me re taxes and writing things off as content. Here in the US you can write off lots of things to do with your work, so clothes (all those luxury handbags), furniture, not sure if you'd get away with the vacations(but if they're used for work content then who knows?) You'd need to hold on to bucketloads of receipts but worth it if it works. A good accountant will get you all the write offs they can
If you can do the same in Ireland then it's no wonder everyone and their mam is becoming an interiors 'blogger', they'll be writing it off come tax time.

I preferred her decor in the last apartment she was in, it had way more character and warmth. I think they're in a beautiful apartment now but the monochrome makes it so cold and not homey at all.

Reactions: 5
Spot on, her interiors on so bang on trend for that week if not day that they’re behind, by the time it’s posted she’s weeks behind the other US based bloggers. Anyone who follows any US based influencers will see that she doesn’t keep up and simply just mirrors their content. She’s basic and in comparison boring AF and survives solely off her Irish based audience. In reality she is living the dream in nyc and her page is good for escapism but she is a very small fish in a huge pond. Her Irish following will keep her afloat but needs to change up her content to keep her endorsements. I think she has business sense and markets herself as she’s sees the US bloggers she aspires to be, knowing most followers in Ireland don’t know the difference. Follow more US bloggers and you’ll see my point. As someone else put it she’s a (minnow) in a huge pond in nyc knowing she’s already a big fish in her small Irish following

Reactions: 6
I find her interiors style very boring, as was already said here. Hopping on every interiors bandwagon going, like the random pampas grasses shoved into vases 🙄

There's no character to her style; where are the nice little knick knacks picked up from travel, or a pop of colour to draw your eye to an area?
This hotel-aesthetic that bloggers seem to go all in for is 😴

Reactions: 7
I find her interiors style very boring, as was already said here. Hopping on every interiors bandwagon going, like the random pampas grasses shoved into vases 🙄

There's no character to her style; where are the nice little knick knacks picked up from travel, or a pop of colour to draw your eye to an area?
This hotel-aesthetic that bloggers seem to go all in for is 😴
Her interiors style makes me feel really bad for Tommy, he seems like he would be the "knick Knack" type but the apartment looks like not a thing can be out of place. The parents house looks the same, so cold and unwelcoming.

Exactly..also, living with a partner, I can't understand where she hides the clutter 😂
I'm tripping over gearbags, balls, football boots on the regular. It doesn't seem like a lad lives there. Not saying that men can't be tidy, but Jesus, the place doesn't look lived in at all

Her post yesterday with the quote about letting things be what they are instead of what you think they should be made me laugh. She curates everything to make it look perfect! How is that letting things be what they are?!?

Reactions: 2
Exactly..also, living with a partner, I can't understand where she hides the clutter 😂
I'm tripping over gearbags, balls, football boots on the regular. It doesn't seem like a lad lives there. Not saying that men can't be tidy, but Jesus, the place doesn't look lived in at all
Considering she only ever photographs select corners of a room and never the whole thing I'm guessing the clutter is behind her, off camera 😂

Very interesting looking at the figures on social blade. Since April 2018 (>2 years ago) Louise has gained 110,000 followers, Rosie Con 200,000, Terrie 100,000 followers. Erika? 40,000. Yet we're supposed to believe that Erika is really successful in New York? By those figures she doesn't even seem to be keeping up with the Irish Instagrammers!

Reactions: 7
Everything about her apartment, her style, her New York outings screams......

my life is one big Instagram grid. And duck all else”

• Haha
I finally unfollowed her. She’s just so blah...nothing exciting there at all...out for lunch everyday in a pandemic! Stay home like the rest of us snd have a cheese sarnie!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't understand the Irish friends thing - I've lived in Boston and I live elsewhere in the US now and I have more American/other nationalities for friends than I do Irish people. I've always said, why would I travel across the ocean to hang out with people I went to school with.

She's going down the route of some preppy American influencers and I think in the next 5 years if they're still here, she'll be moving out to Connecticut or as close to the Hamptons she can get for a 'reasonable' price.

I used to really love her content and respect her hard work - because let's face it, NY is tough and the visa process is tough BUT she has to keep engaging with people in Ireland and the US if she wants to continue what she's doing. I think we'll see a change in her business plan soon, she knows people are getting bored. She had nothing to show during quarantine. She has lost whatever used to make her unique, she's all about designer now - it's not relatable.

Also didn't she hire an assistant but then a month later there wasn't a word? Does Kaelin have a degree? because if she doesn't, Erika bringing her out would be her only option because she wouldn't qualify for the H1B which is what most people come here on.
Yes! What happened to that girl? Wasn’t she Irish too? Was she called Kaela?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.