Retro Flame #7 Soooow soooooow nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The US embassy in Dublin are have a reputation for being difficult.

Stephanie O'Quigley went to Berlin last year rather than Dublin and i think i vaguely remember LCs closet going somewhere that wasnt Dublin too (open to correction on the second point)
yep, I had heard the same thing about Dublin the last couple of years where immigration counsel were advising that they were getting a lot of rejections out of Dublin and advising their clients to go to London, Belfast and other embassies.

Reactions: 2
yep, I had heard the same thing about Dublin the last couple of years where immigration counsel were advising that they were getting a lot of rejections out of Dublin and advising their clients to go to London, Belfast and other embassies.
I work for one of the largest immigration law firms in the US. Can confirm: embassy in dublin since 2017 has been unusually difficult.

Reactions: 10
That dress is bloody awful. It looks like really flimsy material that has the potential to be see through in certain light. Not to mention she won't be able to sit down without showing off her entire vulva. And it is from a bridal collection, and cost $1100! 🤣

Reactions: 2
That dress is bloody awful. It looks like really flimsy material that has the potential to be see through in certain light. Not to mention she won't be able to sit down without showing off her entire vulva. And it is from a bridal collection, and cost $1100! 🤣
It is soooo terrible. Just imagining seeing someone walking around in that in normal life - absolute trash.

Also loved the ‘I don’t really do fashion week anymore’ comment… that’s one way of putting ‘don’t get invited anymore’ I suppose. She would be at everything if she got asked.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It is soooo terrible. Just imagining seeing someone walking around in that in normal life - absolute trash.

Also loved the ‘I don’t really do fashion week anymore’ comment… that’s one way of putting ‘don’t get invited anymore’ I suppose. She would be at everything if she got asked.
Ha! Exactly. I can just see her, getting an invite to a headline designer show and thinking ‘I don’t really do this anymore so I’m going to decline it’. NOT!

Reactions: 4
Loving Laura Dorgan’s latest post about finally being able to travel home after getting their visas sorted. Gives you an actual insight into what things can be like for Irish in US with visa issues. Not trying to pit the foxes against others but it’s just nice to see something so genuine and not curated.

Reactions: 13
Was Laura unable to leave the US until she got a new visa? I’m considering emigrating (not to the US) and have seen on the immigration website about how your travel conditions run out after a few years and you have to renew your visa or apply for permanent residency, which is obviously a massive thing to have to consider. I haven’t bothered watching any of Erica’s content for ages but from following on here it sounds like she never talks about this kind of thing, which is strange because I bet she’d get a lot of engagement from people in a similar position. I imagine she thinks the reality of immigration and being an immigrant isn’t very chic, and she wants to market herself as Irish Girl In New York And That’s All You Need to Know.

Reactions: 8
Loving Laura Dorgan’s latest post about finally being able to travel home after getting their visas sorted. Gives you an actual insight into what things can be like for Irish in US with visa issues. Not trying to pit the foxes against others but it’s just nice to see something so genuine and not curated.
Omg when I saw I BAWLED!!!!!!! How does Retro come and go so often!? It actually made me angry reflecting on how she comes on sometimes saying she misses home and in reality it has been a couple of weeks since she was there. She hasn't a clue

Reactions: 6
Was Laura unable to leave the US until she got a new visa? I’m considering emigrating (not to the US) and have seen on the immigration website about how your travel conditions run out after a few years and you have to renew your visa or apply for permanent residency, which is obviously a massive thing to have to consider. I haven’t bothered watching any of Erica’s content for ages but from following on here it sounds like she never talks about this kind of thing, which is strange because I bet she’d get a lot of engagement from people in a similar position. I imagine she thinks the reality of immigration and being an immigrant isn’t very chic, and she wants to market herself as Irish Girl In New York And That’s All You Need to Know.
Yep. I was exactly the same as her. Once you apply for a greencard, you pretty much can't leave until it's approved and because they take so long to process, it means that most people are stuck in the US waiting for a long time (I waited three years). They do issue you with something called "advanced parole" when you apply for a greencard, which technically allows you to travel, but even getting that document can take up to a year and most lawyers advise against traveling on it because it doesn't guarantee you'll be allowed back in to the US so most people don't take the risk. It's such an awful system tbh. Delighted she's come though it, I know I was just as thrilled to come out the other side.

Reactions: 8
Yep. I was exactly the same as her. Once you apply for a greencard, you pretty much can't leave until it's approved and because they take so long to process, it means that most people are stuck in the US waiting for a long time (I waited three years). They do issue you with something called "advanced parole" when you apply for a greencard, which technically allows you to travel, but even getting that document can take up to a year and most lawyers advise against traveling on it because it doesn't guarantee you'll be allowed back in to the US so most people don't take the risk. It's such an awful system tbh. Delighted she's come though it, I know I was just as thrilled to come out the other side.
Yes! and just to add often times during this time while you’re waiting, your existing visa has expired/will expire but you’re legally allowed to remain in the country because you have an application in progress, the difficulty then being that because you don’t have a valid visa during this time, you can’t re-enter if you leave the country.

As mentioned there is advance parole that gives you permission to leave and re-enter but it can take time to get and so much time and effort has already gone into the process that you don’t want to do anything that might rock the boat - say for example, they don’t process the advance parole properly and it’s not valid. Stuff like that which after you come through the process you realise is illogical thinking but given that a misspelling on these visa forms can mess things up, it’s best to stay put ( do I sound like I’ve been through the ringer with this?! 😂)

Anyways - During this time, you’re literally praying that no one close to you dies or gets sick, that’s the reality or well was for me.

Not sure what it’s like where you’re (original poster) headed but the US is particularly difficult/inflexible with this stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m Irish with dual citizenship here in the US and have several Irish friends who have gone through this. You wouldn’t talk about it on a public platform, US immigration can refuse your visa over anything. They interview references and I feel like they almost look for reasons for refusal. That’s why there’s so many undocumented Irish here esp in nyc and Boston, it’s heartbreaking considering how difficult it is to make a life in Ireland. Not that that would pertain to Erika!

Laura Dorgan is talking about it all after the fact, as anyone would, but we won’t hear a peep on it from Erika id say. From listening to others situations, I really do wonder how the 4 of them will be able to stay together considering each has a different work setup, etc. Hopefully the lads have jobs to sponsor/back them up. And sure I wouldn’t feel too sorry for them, some people I know left their lives behind, American friends, boyfriends, jobs due to refusal. She can live the same life in Ireland it’s just a playground/backdrop for her content

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Laura Dorgan coming home for the firsts time in 3 years, shows how Erika is such a hypocrite, coming home in COVID times when they were asked not to travel, makes me dislike retro even more - she sees her parents every few months

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.