Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
One of Kaelins videos came up for me on TikTok and she said she’s been in NY nearly 7 years after she moved there to work on her sisters “brand”.

they haven’t done a whole lot during that time, have they?
Excuse you..... They walked across 147 pedestrian crossings, visited the Hamptons 21 times, ate 400 bowls of tomato pasta, dressed like a 55 year old woman 765 times, visited home 42 times and did 980 pilates classes. Living their best NYC life!

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Lalala345

Lads! She's engaged! Complete copycat of Kourtney Kardashian proposal 😂
Also trying to make out it's a surprise when it was definitely micromanaged by her. Even her outfit is all white 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 35

LydiaWednesday

So there I was casually strolling through the UES on Saturday when I see a server outside a restaurant and thought, 'he looks familiar. It was only DAVE, Kaelin's boyfriend!!!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

LydiaWednesday

I have zero judgment for anyone working in the service industry it's tough work, I work retail in NY, but it's the dishonesty for me. If you're an influencer you are showing your lifestyle, that's part of the job, so to be dishonest about your actual life is swindling your audience who are the ones buying the crap you're peddling. As someone said previously, they'd be far more successful and relatable if they were honest about the real NY lifestyle. They are selling a NY dream lifestyle to an Irish audience who don't live here and think they are living the dream. The reality of NY life is far rougher and harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

becmac

Posted here before regarding her salary and I’ve seen some more questions about it and I was DYINGGG to know myself so thought I’d update… found her and Louise Cooney’s accounts a few months ago (both earning about 200k) so if anyones wondering how she’s affording everything… that’s how. Some things to consider though 1) Tommy has a decent job… his LinkedIn was something impressive last time I looked. He’s not working in a bar anyway. She also said that they can’t use her earnings for rent (you need to earn 40x your rent in NYC for landlord to rent to you) because she’s an influencer so it’s unstable. They use Tommys salary to qualify. If we ASSUME her rent is $3000 (VERY low guess for a Manhattan aparmtrnt that big, he’s on 120k a year) so there’s that.
2) Her expenses are low. Most of her clothes are gifted, she does a lot of sponsored posts with second hand designer shops etc so no doubt most of her stuff is discounted. Same with her moving vans, furniture, holidays etc so her outgoings aren’t THAT high. Like they’re high obviously but she’s getting steep discounts if not freebies on a LOT of stuff… even her haircuts etc are sponsored sometimes. Think about what you’d save if your daily excursions were discounted etc.
3) she’s probably not paying a lot of tax. Let’s just be realistic. Her accounts are a LTD and there’s a million ways to hide taxes when ur registered as a company. If she’s paying 25% that’s a lot. So her disposable income is about 160k a year and her rent, groceries etc are split with Tommy and her vacations are discounted etc
4) in regards to her salary, no idea why or how influencers get paid that much but Keelin Moncrieff (another Irish influencer but VERY down to earth has 80 ish thousand insta followers and the same on YouTube and her earnings are 60k a year as per a recent video), so considering retro has the same amount of YT followers and double the Instagram, that would have her earning 120k a year. BUT she’s in NY so her American sponsorships would be worth a lot more, plus she’s long established.

Sorry this was soooooo long but the income of influencers really interests me and I know a lot of you were confused as to how she’s affording XYZ etc so hope this clears It up a little :)))

• Heart
I think the whole engagement is absolutely fab, she was defo surprised and the ring is stunning, anyone saying otherwise is simply jealous. Why are people complaining it’s over the top? They aren’t your average joe soaps obviously it’s going to be over the top, instagrammers are your modern day celebs get over it
I assume you’re referring to me since I said it was over the top. Of course it’s over the top they aren’t celebrities, they might think they are but they aren’t. We all know that if he had have just proposed in private without all the showiness she wouldn’t be happy.

And I’m not jealous at all. I would hate someone to spend all that money on a proposal. It’s great they’re getting married when they’ve been together for so long but let’s not pretend that the way it was done isn’t all for the gram.

I’m jealous that this waste of a visa and her tag along sister get to live in the US when they don’t even have proper jobs but definitely not jealous of her engagement or anything else in her overly curated beige life.

• Heart
Let play home in Kurry bingo.🤪
- Mom and vogue collecting them from the airport.
- An Indian that looks like diarrhea from worst takeaway in the country. "So so nice"
- Walk on an empty beach with them done up to the nines
- Coleslaw
- Interior photo of Mom in griege room. "she has such an eye for interiors"
- A notions coffee from a drivethru
- Some lackluster shots of a high end car which she is a brand ambassador for
- A random brand collab with an Irish company

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Jackjack38

VIP Member
I assume you’re referring to me since I said it was over the top. Of course it’s over the top they aren’t celebrities, they might think they are but they aren’t. We all know that if he had have just proposed in private without all the showiness she wouldn’t be happy.

And I’m not jealous at all. I would hate someone to spend all that money on a proposal. It’s great they’re getting married when they’ve been together for so long but let’s not pretend that the way it was done isn’t all for the gram.

I’m jealous that this waste of a visa and her tag along sister get to live in the US when they don’t even have proper jobs but definitely not jealous of her engagement or anything else in her overly curated beige life.
I just don't get why if you don't like or agree with something these influencers do you are automatically jealous!???

Reactions: 26

a2343

Again….. given the content they produce, how did they justify their visas in the embassy interview…

Q: tell me what it is you do in New York?
R: I take pictures of coffee and bland pasta (‘sow sow good’) in and around Central Park, buy high end/overpriced invistment pieces that I (probably) claim as a tax write off and show to my followers with a smug overhead walking camera shot and take crosswalk photos to annoy the locals for the few brand deals that I get. Repeat every other week, except for the coffee. That’s every day.
Q: and what does your sister do?
R: the same, but she has a dog which makes her mildly more interesting so I make her post with a one week delay. We’re like Sky Plus … you can always catch a repeat.

• Haha

dee_mc

VIP Member
Summary
Urka still in New Yark and is a boring 💩. And Tammy has still not proposed
I'm sure I've said it before but theirs has all the hallmarks of a relationship that could well end suddenly, only for Tammy to almost immediately meet and quickly marry someone else who's more obviously suited to him and less of a boring, anal retentive self-obsessed dose.
(I'm not wishing it on them, just pointing it out as a pattern I've seen in similar relationships)

madegg91

It's typical Ireland isn't it...the parents get away with owing the bank during the recession, and absolutely no repercussions were met onto that household 🙄
Two daughters scamming the visa system in the states, making hay with freebies when they come back to Ireland every couple of months, and showing complete disregard to Covid because "Mom made us PROMISE we would be home for Christmas every year".

Erika didn't lick it from the ground anyway, the smug head on the mother would sicken you.

Reactions: 25

girloxoxo

This “first summer trip home since pre COVID” thing is doing my head in when these two have been home soooo many times. Some of us STILL haven’t been home! They’re really trying to make it seem like it’s been ages when they were home for weeks and weeks just a few months ago. A pair of absolute melts.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

a2343

Yes there'll be no posts from Kerry this Xmas. How will we cope? We'll just have to rewatch one of her many videos from every other Christmas she made a YouTube video about
It will be Christmas in the Hamptons, Kerry-schtyle. I’m sure they’ll Airbnb something there and the parents will join them only after mother Fox is held up in customs demanding to be let into the country with a suitcase full of SuperValu treats… the coleslaw seeping out of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
They'll be back in Ireland next month "all going to plan". She sees her family more than me and I live three counties away

• Haha
Reactions: 23