Retro Flame #3 Where is the 20k you won from Kerry Enterprise Board

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I moved to New York in 2016, I started following Erika shortly before I went because she was also Irish living in NYC. Over the years I’ve slowly become disinterested but I didn’t realise until I found this sub how much I had let her talk about working hard /hustling get to me. I always though that I was quite aware of the pressures of social media on women but it was only when I followed here and people called her out that it made be reflect on how I had internalised that message that if we weren’t “hustling” all the time or chasing specific goals etc. we are failures. It’s quite damaging because it’s hidden in plain sight as being feminist when really it’s quite the opposite.
I totally agree with the above I work in a very male dominated commercial real estate sector and Erika would not have a clue about working hard and setting up deals and working your way to the top. If begging for a freebie is her hustle then obv im in the wrong job but what a sad life she must have!!

Reactions: 9
Hope the Ballymaloe relish is triple wrapped to survive the flight 😂
If she actually did some research, she should know by now that she could buy Ballymaloe Relish in the Butcher Block store in Sunnyside, Queens or at least they did sell it a few years back HOWEVER we all know Erika does not do borough :)

I totally agree with the above I work in a very male dominated commercial real estate sector and Erika would not have a clue about working hard and setting up deals and working your way to the top. If begging for a freebie is her hustle then obv im in the wrong job but what a sad life she must have!!
i always found the people who shout the loudest about "working hard" are those who actually do very little that is productive. Came across many of those over the years. Its like a state of mind talking constantly about working hard and calling yourself a hard worker wherein reality, less talk about working hard and some work might actually get done :). NYC is a tough city to work and get noticed in a workplace as there are many more all wanting the same goal but as she doesnt actually have to deal with any work colleagues or office politics, deadlines and deals on a daily basis, she has no clue. i expect prior to self employment, she realised she was not a good fit in an office environment with many complex characters all vying for a spot and fashion and PR related industry is notoriously tough.

Last edited:
She obviously has a decent mobile plan/hotel wifi as she’s randomly posting every few hours
Poor Kaelin must be on a ready to go phone 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She obviously has a decent mobile plan/hotel wifi as she’s randomly posting every few hours
Poor Kaelin must be on a ready to go phone 😜
And a heart over the time and date because its prerecorded or shes in a diffrent timezone

Reactions: 6
Hello- just a lurker coming out from behind the curtains. Those Dear Diary posts alone are worth coming out and saying hey. It's like you can hear her voice... so eery and hillariously spot on.

So.. I'm confused.. are they gone to Mexico on an essential break to recuperate from their exhausting time home with their non stop work at the Lidl car park and the strand? Or have they managed to blag their way straight back in to New York as the foster parents of Joey? I thought you couldn't get straight in from Ireland yet unless they have a special exemption... and they definitely aren't getting a discretionary special invitation from the Home Secretary!!! They have to be in Mexico or something... I'd well believe that the parents are gone too but haven't put anything up just in case. I mean no one is meant to leave the country right now but I can totally see the four of them living it up in a 5 star resort somewhere. They (the parents) know enough people to get a letter saying they are travelling for essential purposes. Like investing in something bullshit in Mexico. If they do get straight into New York, then they have done something dodgy- like paid for cheap accommodation in a country they're allowed to travel from and bought cheap flights or something but if they got caught doing that- they are fucked. There's no way they should be able to get straight to New York.

I was also wondering if they'll apply for their Green card next... like I can see Lorna getting hers/wonder why she hasn't already. She has her PhD and an employer who'd probably sponsor her.. but the wiley foxes.... With everything that's happened, I could sooner see Tommy and David getting theirs and then the girlos getting defacto's or something. Surely they wouldn't be considered by US immigration to count as serious influencers/have extraordinary ability in their field.. especially not in America. I suppose it's all interpretive and if you write a good application you could just about scrape it. I've looked at the requirements and while technically they could try and bullshit their way through and go from 01- Greencard, I'd say it will be tough. I'd say Erika could swing it.. she's had some decent enough internships and stuff that she could hype up a bit/her Kerry Grant bullshit. She has managed to live in very expensive areas for years there so she must have some kind of stable income. but I really don't know how the feck Kaelin will swing it. In fact, I actually don't get how they make money? Would the Ann Taylor and beige posts really be worth that much money to them? I feel like they must have a tit tonne in the bank from Daddy and Mammy hiding everything from NAMA or something.

Just my conspiracy theory- I'd they are staying silent on getting back because they're freaking about the visas. I.e. they don't want to get caught doing anything fishy to duck them in the long-term. This must have been quite the wake up call to them- it must be shite having no permanent status in the country even though they've been there for so long. I don't see them coming back to Ireland full-time anytime soon tbh. I think they tested the waters to see what kind of contracts they could get in Ireland. They saw Louise come back and just get straight back into it. There's no space for them here- Louise.. love her or dislike her- she's got all the swipe up links with Terror and Co to keep her fed but there definitely isn't enough to go around. The few deals they got while home were a bit shite in fairness and New York is home for them in a way it never was for Louise.

Anyway... I'm dying to see if they actually use what they read here to do an informative blog about getting back to America in Covid times and how difficult it was/is. How they did it properly- quarantining etc. Or if they are just going to sweep it under the carpet and magically appear in a new apartment and say surprise!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ha well spotted! Is it just me, or does the reflection off the laptop look like airplane windows?!
Ooohh I think ur onto something. It even looks like a reflection of the wee overhead lights on a plane. Either that or they are on Bus Eireann on the way back to 'Kurry'

Reactions: 6
If she actually did some research, she should know by now that she could buy Ballymaloe Relish in the Butcher Block store in Sunnyside, Queens or at least they did sell it a few years back HOWEVER we all know Erika does not do borough :)
And moreover we all know she wouldn't put her hand in her pocket to support the businesses when she can beg directly to Ballymaloe!!

Reactions: 2
Ooohh I think ur onto something. It even looks like a reflection of the wee overhead lights on a plane. Either that or they are on Bus Eireann on the way back to 'Kurry'
I think maybe a car? So she's in the back as ma and da fox drive them to the airport

Reactions: 1
As young women themselves and with the amount of followers they have it’s deplorable that they have not shared one quote or act of compassion on the death of the lady murdered while walking home in London! But they will happily sell tit all day long via swipes ups
It speaks volumes

Reactions: 7
I think maybe a car? So she's in the back as ma and da fox drive them to the airport
I think it looks like the back seat of a car as well. I agree with ellie 94 above. Hadnt thought of the renewing visa angle/green card app in future. This travelling during a pandemic could really mess with their status down the line. I expect they would go down the marriage route to the two lads as its easier for them get green cards than those on 01 visas. A sponser is ideally needed for green card apps.

As young women themselves and with the amount of followers they have it’s deplorable that they have not shared one quote or act of compassion on the death of the lady murdered while walking home in London! But they will happily sell tit all day long via swipes ups
It speaks volumes
Sadly they couldnt poss relate as they never walk anywhere or take public transport or go anywhere alone. Its uber door to door so the niggling feeling of fear walking after dark is not something i think they have ever experienced like many of us in the real world.

Reactions: 3
Aaaaannnndddd she has a piece of info up! HI ERIKA!!!!! Twud be more useful now if u stopped reading here and went onto your little stories and told us how ye got joey home and how ye are planning on getting back to NY... Don't think either of those questions are too much to ask! Thanks hun bye

• Haha
Looks like a seatbelt of a middle seat in a car to me. Cream leather seats like her moms car?

If its the líne thing about her head that's in the picture not in the reflection, u can see it in the stills underneath too. That's the only thing I can see that ye might be talking about 😅

Dear Diary

Absolutely wrecked from trying to figure out what to do. I’ve been reading Tattle tales and they all seem to think I’m already in New Yark. Well technically we are but how did they all guess. There was literally one person that knew and I’m so annoyed and if that’s the casewas Kaelin’s fault.

she’s going to have to fetch me a lot of ice coffees to make up for it, that’s for certain.

Thank goodness I was able to post a happy birthday on insta to Louise from Loulerie because god knows what would happen if I lost that deal. It was well worth just getting the time to do that, single most imporTANT thing to do today. That, and thoroughly scrub the couch. And I mean thoroughly.

fingers crossed 🤞 we can move into new apartment shortly. I’ve just been editing a vlog I’ve been recording for 3 weeks and It will do. It looks like I’m still in Kurry so it will do the jab until next week.

lots of love
Red Fox 🦊
Xoxo

Hello- just a lurker coming out from behind the curtains. Those Dear Diary posts alone are worth coming out and saying hey. It's like you can hear her voice... so eery and hillariously spot on.

So.. I'm confused.. are they gone to Mexico on an essential break to recuperate from their exhausting time home with their non stop work at the Lidl car park and the strand? Or have they managed to blag their way straight back in to New York as the foster parents of Joey? I thought you couldn't get straight in from Ireland yet unless they have a special exemption... and they definitely aren't getting a discretionary special invitation from the Home Secretary!!! They have to be in Mexico or something... I'd well believe that the parents are gone too but haven't put anything up just in case. I mean no one is meant to leave the country right now but I can totally see the four of them living it up in a 5 star resort somewhere. They (the parents) know enough people to get a letter saying they are travelling for essential purposes. Like investing in something bullshit in Mexico. If they do get straight into New York, then they have done something dodgy- like paid for cheap accommodation in a country they're allowed to travel from and bought cheap flights or something but if they got caught doing that- they are fucked. There's no way they should be able to get straight to New York.

I was also wondering if they'll apply for their Green card next... like I can see Lorna getting hers/wonder why she hasn't already. She has her PhD and an employer who'd probably sponsor her.. but the wiley foxes.... With everything that's happened, I could sooner see Tommy and David getting theirs and then the girlos getting defacto's or something. Surely they wouldn't be considered by US immigration to count as serious influencers/have extraordinary ability in their field.. especially not in America. I suppose it's all interpretive and if you write a good application you could just about scrape it. I've looked at the requirements and while technically they could try and bullshit their way through and go from 01- Greencard, I'd say it will be tough. I'd say Erika could swing it.. she's had some decent enough internships and stuff that she could hype up a bit/her Kerry Grant bullshit. She has managed to live in very expensive areas for years there so she must have some kind of stable income. but I really don't know how the feck Kaelin will swing it. In fact, I actually don't get how they make money? Would the Ann Taylor and beige posts really be worth that much money to them? I feel like they must have a tit tonne in the bank from Daddy and Mammy hiding everything from NAMA or something.

Just my conspiracy theory- I'd they are staying silent on getting back because they're freaking about the visas. I.e. they don't want to get caught doing anything fishy to duck them in the long-term. This must have been quite the wake up call to them- it must be shite having no permanent status in the country even though they've been there for so long. I don't see them coming back to Ireland full-time anytime soon tbh. I think they tested the waters to see what kind of contracts they could get in Ireland. They saw Louise come back and just get straight back into it. There's no space for them here- Louise.. love her or dislike her- she's got all the swipe up links with Terror and Co to keep her fed but there definitely isn't enough to go around. The few deals they got while home were a bit shite in fairness and New York is home for them in a way it never was for Louise.

Anyway... I'm dying to see if they actually use what they read here to do an informative blog about getting back to America in Covid times and how difficult it was/is. How they did it properly- quarantining etc. Or if they are just going to sweep it under the carpet and magically appear in a new apartment and say surprise!
This is gold!!!! 😅😂 I’d be willing to bet on a sweep under the carpet and magical appearance in new apartment! 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Honest to God, if they have to be this sneaky to get home then they know they've done/are doing something dodgy that will get them backlash. And we know how well they take criticism, even if it's constructive and valid. I'm convinced that they are keeping everything offline so that there is no proof/paper trail of them acting the maggot to get back to the States. I wouldn't put it passed them to have done something really sneaky- I mean they're not beyond the support animal/sneaky foxes to the core. But when it comes to their new visa application they wont want real proof- like y'know, endangering lives by ignoring presidential proclamations and CDC advice. Unlike Lorna who has excellent academic qualifications and a secure long term job, the dream team are 'working' in a vague (hopefully dying out) industry. There is a digital trail of them being at home for a longer than average holiday period- but there might be some concessions made for people because of Covid. They have been living in America for years now- definitely long enough for Green Card. But I don't think they'd get away with flaunting being dodgy as duck, while looking like butter wouldn't melt if anyone investigated their social media platforms. What's the bet that the new video she's editing has not comments allowed and same on her Instagram.

I do wonder if this trip home was to see if they liked it, rather than just honoring Mammy wanting them home for Christmas. Like the lads have stable jobs, so it wouldn't make as much sense for them to come home and Tommy obviously couldn't get home. The girls could have come home, sussed out whether they'd live here again/could they get popular. Like they seemed to know that they would be here until at least Biden's inauguration.. A test run that showed them who the queen bee's are here. I think Erika might have got a couple more followers, but Kaelin didn't suddenly become an independent star- if anything we've all realised just how bland it all is. She would be far better off getting into the fashion industry if that's what she wants by doing internships and stuff part-time. Build up an independent CV and get out of Erika's shadow.

There is so much potential in Retroflame... proper New York blog by the Irish sisters living the dream. I mean they do live in fab apartments and swing out of the labels. All they need is someone else to come up with the concepts/star in the videos!! AH imagine the cast of Derry Girls living it up in New York- now that I'd watch religiously.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.