Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a report on Sky that the Bogota municipal authority said that an ambulance was called for 'someone with chest pains' but the paramedics couldn't save him. Sounds like a heart attack. Common enough in middle aged men without anything else.

Reactions: 3
I saw a report on Sky that the Bogota municipal authority said that an ambulance was called for 'someone with chest pains' but the paramedics couldn't save him. Sounds like a heart attack. Common enough in middle aged men without anything else.
Particularly common in ones that like to do the hokey cokey.

Poor guy - genuinely shocked by it.

• Sad
I've only just been able to post about Taylor now. Yesterday it was just too difficult. I'm utterly heartbroken. 50 is way too young.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
There's a fair amount of Foos on the radio, which is right, but also deeply melancholy. I can't shake the sadness I feel.

• Heart
There's a fair amount of Foos on the radio, which is right, but also deeply melancholy. I can't shake the sadness I feel.
I so understand, I watched a concert of them last night which was only 2 weeks ago x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It's difficult for me to feel much sympathy if the guy had a load of drugs in his system. Then again, it seems that drugs are all part of the entertainment business. The percentage of entertainers that are on drugs must be pretty high. Similar to Heath Ledger, but with him it seemed like he was suffering quite bad from health issues. I don't know, maybe it was the same for Taylor Hawkins. Who knows.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
You were lucky to see them, I never did x

I don't think so, as Freddie always said, show must go on. I can see them having guest drummers to start with
Exactly what my husband says - he fancies Roger Taylor as guest drummer - I think DG will be too heartbroken x

I have tickets for June - mosh pit at my age …. Tenalaydeeeees ahoy x

Reactions: 5
It's difficult for me to feel much sympathy if the guy had a load of drugs in his system. Then again, it seems that drugs are all part of the entertainment business. The percentage of entertainers that are on drugs must be pretty high. Similar to Heath Ledger, but with him it seemed like he was suffering quite bad from health issues. I don't know, maybe it was the same for Taylor Hawkins. Who knows.
Someone isn’t less loved or missed if they died due to drug use. Bloody hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If you don't know maybe try and scrape up some of that sympathy you're having difficulty locating.

Addiction is complicated.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly what my husband says - he fancies Roger Taylor as guest drummer - I think DG will be too heartbroken x

I have tickets for June - mosh pit at my age …. Tenalaydeeeees ahoy x
My oh said the same about about Roger Taylor, especially with him singing Queen songs.
You go for it lovely, never too old for a mosh pit !!

D'yall really think the tour will go ahead? That's a lot of energy they're going to have to find. Although - could be healing I suppose.

Reactions: 1
My oh said the same about about Roger Taylor, especially with him singing Queen songs.
You go for it lovely, never too old for a mosh pit !!
I really don’t know how it’s gonna go- poor TH I actually spent the day watching foo fighters & doing my routine stuff but I have no idea if it’s gonna go ahead - I know without TH it’s not gonna be the same 😞

• Heart
D'yall really think the tour will go ahead? That's a lot of energy they're going to have to find. Although - could be healing I suppose.
My thoughts, Dave Grohl is the main man of the foos, it'll take a while,but am sure they'll continue.

Reactions: 5
I can't see him wanting to be away from home and loved ones and in that tour environment too soon. Eventually again maybe, but business as usual? Not sure.

So if you have no sympathy, why comment?? So what if drugs took his life, he was an amazing talented guy, addiction is an illness.

Reactions: 14
Absolutely gutted.

I was going to see them at AVFC this June; I was taking my 12 year old who was stoked to go to her first proper gig … I don’t think it’ll go ahead now tbh. Not this soon anyway. Poor Dave and Pat,

Absolutely gutted.

I was going to see them at AVFC this June; I was taking my 12 year old who was stoked to go to her first proper gig … I don’t think it’ll go ahead now tbh. Not this soon anyway. Poor Dave and Pat,
I’m going to the same gig. I really can’t see it happening this year. It’ll be too raw, too soon to find a stand-in, (they could easily call in another drummer from a different band, but ‘replacing’ your best friend is a difficult thing to do - let alone having to rehearse every song on the setlist with said new drummer and get it perfect with them).

I wouldn’t be mad at all if it was postponed. I would rather they did so they all had time to heal.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.