Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Character actor Peter Bowles has died aged 86. He is probably best remembered for "To the manor born" and "Only when I laugh", but he appeared in so many other things. RIP Peter.
Also appeared in The Avengers (original 60's) The Prisoner and Space 1999. RIP.

I'm actually watching Peter in The Avengers, Season 5 Episode 2 right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Also appeared in The Avengers (original 60's) The Prisoner and Space 1999. RIP.

I'm actually watching Peter in The Avengers, Season 5 Episode 2 right now.
Escape in time. A brilliant episode, one of my favourites.

I have missed seeing peter Bowles on telly. Loved TTMB and OWIL. R.I.P., Peter. You were class!

Didn't Peter Bowles do a Harvey's Bristol Cream ad around Christmas time for years back in the 80s?

I can't believe it. This one has really hit me. Poor Taylor. He was always so funny and gave great interviews. Such a big personality. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw the news pop up. It's such a shock. He was amazing, I am a big fan and it's really hitting me hard.

I saw some photos on news articles where you could see some (not all, thankfully) fans were lined up with their phones trying to capture images/video of the body being taken out of the hotel. That upset me more than the news itself. Why do you want a picture of a body bag, even if it's someone famous? It's like they're desensitized to the reality of the situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Absolutely devastated hearing the news about Taylor Hawkins this morning. Love The Foo Fighters, Taylor was such a wonderful soul, and a fabulous musician, adore Dave Grohl, so feel for him and all of Taylor’s loved ones, this is just tragic.

Last year, watched little 10yo Nandi Bushell play drums live with Foo Fighters, Taylor looking on in admiration at her talent, it was magic to see, one of the most inspirational things I’ve ever seen, Taylor was brilliant, encouraging her to play in front of a massive rock audience, she nailed it. Little Nandi has just posted a wonderful tribute, and gotta be honest made me cry, says it all about Taylor, RIP, love you 💔

40052E8A-3BF3-4DFA-B164-EA0E8ADE9F89.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've just heard about Taylor, am so shocked, Foos are one of my fave bands, fantastic drummer, amazing guy, so sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So shocked to hear about Taylor this morning. He was an amazing drummer. I’ve been a long-time fan of the Foos, saw them live and I just can’t believe it. He was only 50! My heart goes out to his family and band mates, and especially his children. 💔 😞

Reactions: 2
Another long time Foo Fighters fan here absolutely devastated to hear about Taylor this morning. Heartbroken for the band and family. Heartbroken for the fans 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.