Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just heard about hillary devey (dragons den). I'm shocked, never knew she was ill. Seemed like one of those people that was immortal, a steely northern powerhouse with a very big heart :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Just heard about hillary devey (dragons den). I'm shocked, never knew she was ill. Seemed like one of those people that was immortal, a steely northern powerhouse with a very big heart :(
I remember she had a massive stroke years ago they didn't think she'd pull through.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I liked her one liner “you’re making my foot itch.”
She had such a tough life by all account.

My Dad knew Hillary professionally before she became a dragon and always said was a great person she was. Working in the very male logistics industry would not have been easy. Very sad to hear she has passed away.

Reactions: 10
You got to imagine that being a business person of that level comes with a lot of stress and pressure. Who knows what her lifestyle was like. Sometimes I do admire those that become great businesspeople, but then you read more about how they did it and the sacrifices, and I think I'm not sure that life could be for me.

You got to imagine that being a business person of that level comes with a lot of stress and pressure. Who knows what her lifestyle was like. Sometimes I do admire those that become great businesspeople, but then you read more about how they did it and the sacrifices, and I think I'm not sure that life could be for me.
Absolutely. I recall how much she regretted sending her son to a very expensive boarding school which lead him to become a drug addict. She said how much she'd regretted not being able to be a mum for him because she had to spend every waking moment building up her business. It was such refreshing honesty, it made me admire her all the more.

Reactions: 7
I've just learnt the Northern Irish TV presenter Aideen Kennedy has died aged 43, of a terminal illness. I read her obituary and was horrified to realise
she is only survived by her children Jacob and Eva, and her parents, Noel and Maura.
She lost her older sister Fiona to cancer in 2016, and that her brother Dara had died from a brain tumour less than a year earlier at the age of 35.
Meanwhile, her older brother Rory was killed when he was just a year old in a road accident.

Just how much heartache can one family take?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I've just learnt the Northern Irish TV presenter Aideen Kennedy has died aged 43, of a terminal illness. I read her obituary and was horrified to realise
she is only survived by her children Jacob and Eva, and her parents, Noel and Maura.
She lost her older sister Fiona to cancer in 2016, and that her brother Dara had died from a brain tumour less than a year earlier at the age of 35.
Meanwhile, her older brother Rory was killed when he was just a year old in a road accident.

Just how much heartache can one family take?
So so tragic. For her kids and her parents outliving all four of their children.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Does anyone know cause of death for Danielle Hampson? Such sad news that she passed away on her wedding day to Tom Mann (Stereo Kicks)

Does anyone know cause of death for Danielle Hampson? Such sad news that she passed away on her wedding day to Tom Mann (Stereo Kicks)
Her Dad and Tom have said she passed away hours AFTER the wedding so was she taken ill before as they didn't get married? It says they were due to marry on 17th but she passed away early hours of the 18th

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Her Dad and Tom have said she passed away hours AFTER the wedding so was she taken ill before as they didn't get married? It says they were due to marry on 17th but she passed away early hours of the 18th
I must admit it’s confused me too.
They were supposed to get married on the 17th so why didn’t they?

I must admit it’s confused me too.
They were supposed to get married on the 17th so why didn’t they?
From reading her brother's post it seems like she was supposed to be getting ready for her wedding on 17th but "never made it" and then died on the 18th

So it seems like something happened before the 17th which meant the wedding didn't even go ahead & then she died on 18th June in the early hours

Must have been horrible to tell all the guests it wasn't happening - everyone was looking forward to such a positive event & actually they will gather for her funeral instead. Its all heartbreaking!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I read it was a car crash in the early hours of the day she was due to get married. Don’t think the family have confirmed the actual cause of death.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.