Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Actor Gary Waldhorn (aka Councillor David Horton in 'The Vicar of Dibley' has died, age 78, joining some of his fellow cast :(. I loved his character. R.I.P.
Quite a lot of the cast are now heavenside. Emma Chambers (Alice, my fave) was the shocker, so young.

• Sad
Reactions: 8

LaBlonde

VIP Member
RIP Jethro Lazenby, the son of Nick Cave.
The greatest sadness for all parents, outliving your children, and his second son to pass.
I have the best memories of going to gigs after moving to London to study in the early 80's, The Birthday Party and The Cramps at the Hammersmith Palais was mindblowing.
This is one of Nick's most beautiful songs, it was sung at a family wedding recently, i cried.

oh no - i truly cannot imagine that level of grief. i always remember that beautiful letter he wrote to a fan following arthur’s death:

• Heart

Curly Top

VIP Member
I'm guessing the extended closure of The Sugar Hut throughout the lockdowns didn't help matters.

Poor guy.

Chita

VIP Member
Paulie Walnuts was one of the best characters from The Sopranos and there were alot. The Pine Barrens episode is hilarious

I love it that the actor would not allow any of the make up department touch his hair.
He insisted on styling his own.

RIP Paulie. You were fabulous.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Just me that finds it weird none of the other GA members have spoken out about Sarah yet?

Perhaps they’re just taking time to digest the news and grieve first before saying anything, though.
Tbh I hate the public grief bandwagon from random celebs when someone famous dies.
However, her band members were part of her life for many years so perhaps, as you said, they need time to digest the news. They have most likely contacted her family privately. Grief is very personal, there is no right or wrong way to behave.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Actor David Warner has passed away aged 80. He is one of my all time favourte actors, Time after time being my favourie of his films. RIP David, you will be missed.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

BigMavis

VIP Member
Genuinely this is the first celebrity death that has left me quite sore, I'm usually awww sad and that's it. I don't like it.

• Sad

Zippy2000

VIP Member
Meatloaf!! 💔😭
I’m 50 and my parents are big fans so I was bought up listening to Bat Out of Hell. Very sad news today 😢 And 74 isn’t that old really!

My Mum got to see him when he last played Dublin she was 70 at the time she is heartbroken as He was her favourite Singer , I was also brought up on his music for which I thank my Mum on a regular basis lol

• Heart

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Rest in peace Josephine Tewson who played amongst many other roles, Hyacinth’s long-suffering, anxious neighbour in Keeping up Appearances. She’s died at the age of 91

Aww one of my favourite shows as a kid!
💞

• Heart